Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

In Memory of a Great Friend and Fellow Egger

Comments

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,523
    never met him, but learned a bit from him and others here just by reading his posts and thoughts..

he was able to see both sides, which I have a problem doing..

this sucks......

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• Good egger taken too early...RIP.  Prayers for the family
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415

@The_Buffalo.  Very touching mod.  Brought tears to my eyes. Again.

• MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,136
    Wonderful forum and friends here. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Wanasmoke said:
    I’m saddened by this news.  I didn't know Brent but he always commented on my posts with enthusiasm and praise. From all I’ve read on this thread he was an outstanding individual and a great friend. 

I’m having my 8th annual sausage making party in a couple weeks and just finished the logo for the T-shirts today. 

Normally I just give the shirts away but after reading the intro post I’m going to sell them and collect all the proceeds for a food rescue charity that I support. I’ll post a thread about the night along with money raised and I’ll donate it gladly in his honor. 

This forum is is a great outlet and it’s thanks to people like Brent and his friends like all of you. Prayers for his family. 
    You are the best.....love the art design.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Extremely sorry to read this news and for the loss that all of you who knew Brent closely are feeling.  Simply awful.  Another buddy of mine just loss a close friend to a fall at home as well. Random. Unexpected. Tragic.    Cherish every day.

Thank you all for sharing so many fond memories in this thread. I have always enjoyed Brent's contributions here and will continue to mine his posts for great cooks and tips that will live on for many years.
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    I just went back and reread my very first post - sure enough, there was a comment from Brent, welcoming me.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Terribly sad, for all the reasons cited by others.  Keeping Brent's family in the light and thinking about all the ways he touched others' lives in ways known and unknown.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Wanasmoke said:
    I’m saddened by this news.  I didn't know Brent but he always commented on my posts with enthusiasm and praise. From all I’ve read on this thread he was an outstanding individual and a great friend. 

I’m having my 8th annual sausage making party in a couple weeks and just finished the logo for the T-shirts today. 

Normally I just give the shirts away but after reading the intro post I’m going to sell them and collect all the proceeds for a food rescue charity that I support. I’ll post a thread about the night along with money raised and I’ll donate it gladly in his honor. 

This forum is is a great outlet and it’s thanks to people like Brent and his friends like all of you. Prayers for his family. 
    I’ll take 5 XL if you can. Ill pay shipping and whatever your price is. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX