Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now?

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
edited February 2019 in Off Topic
so remember all those lurking members who swore they were just waiting for the hijinx and shenanigans to stop so they could start dropping all thier super badass content and cooking knowledge on all of us?

I do too. Still waiting...
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    We stopped the hijinx and shenanigans and yet...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    You are quick tonight D. I see the bourbon is working.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:
    Not even saying that we should go back to former rules of engagement- just stating the fact that all the people shouting that they were only in the shaddows because they didn’t have a safe space to share thier thoughts....”if we were more like amazing ribs or bbq bros” etc.  Well- here we are. Let’s see it. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yeah @sgh has been really quiet since then.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    #...
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    I miss a good shave post 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What if someone came up with a metal devise that would set on top of your grid to cook on??
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I miss a good shave post 
    Amen brother. For the record, I miss posting them. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    thetrim said:
    To be honest here, the censorship is not why I have been abscent or quite as of late. I did something that I said I wasn’t going to do anymore. I accepted a job in Guyana and I’m off the internet and traveling a good bit now. Come next month, I will be off the forum for months at a time when the offshore work goes into full production. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    so remember all those lurking members who swore they were just waiting for the hijinx and shenanigans to stop so they could start dropping all thier super badass content and cooking knowledge on all of us?

I do too. Still waiting...
    They were contributing nothing then and they are contributing nothing now. Funny old world isn’t it.  

Status- Standing by.

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    To be honest here, the censorship is not why I have been abscent or quite as of late. I did something that I said I wasn’t going to do anymore. I accepted a job in Guyana and I’m off the internet and traveling a good bit now. Come next month, I will be off the forum for months at a time when the offshore work goes into full production. 
    I think that Bama loss has something to do with your absence....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SGH
    Options
    I think that Bama loss has something to do with your absence....
    Not at all brother. It’s no secret that I’m a huge Bama fan. But it doesn’t change my life at all if they lose. I’m a realist, I know that they can’t win every time, that’s just a fact. But if you look back over the past decade, I have had more reason to celebrate than not. 
    The truth is, there are several teams that I pull for and am glad to see them do well. Clemson being one of them. I also like LSU, Ole Miss, MS State, Texas Longhorns, South Carolina and the Florida Gators. Years ago you could throw Notre Dame in there as well. I still like ND, I just don’t care for the no conference thing. 
    With all that said, Bama is who I like the best. But if any of the others I listed win I’m happy just the same. 

Status- Standing by.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    The lamest part about this is that some of the most vocal ones attempted to create their own Friday night OT threads each week thereafter  with none gaining any traction. 
  • pescadorzih
    Options
    I haven't been following as much due to the lack of hijinks. :bawling:
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    As they say, be careful what you wish for..
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I miss the good old days...  :disappointed:
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    We had to say goodbye to hijinx and shenanigans :cry: 
    And now we're stuck with sad celery and mysterious canned cheese posts? Awesome job to the crybabies :plus_one:

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options
    I think you are fine @SGH . Post on.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    @SGH - for you to get back into the game tells me that off-shore island purchase is a few more bushels of Ron's money away.  But given how you single-handedly pumped up the economy when you last hit land you may not have so many side buys this next go-round. 
    Stay safe out there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Uh...Scottie...Probably just me but curious how the coon peen in pic 2 tasted. I’ll never know first hand so thought I would check in with the home team on that one. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Not on topic exactly but what ever happened to @cazzy. I always enjoyed his brisket jiggle post. Also what happened to @henapple haven’t seen anything from him in forever.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    ryantt said:
    Not on topic exactly but what ever happened to @cazzy. I always enjoyed his brisket jiggle post. Also what happened to @henapple haven’t seen anything from him in forever.  
    All the crybabies chased them off. @cazzy has sired 9 children since he stopped posting and @henapple became a priest at a Unitarian Universal Church out in San Francisco.

Thanks, Obama. 
    Well at least henapple won’t be posting any more pictures of turkeys with his balls acting as there neck. That was one of the more disturbing things I’ve seen. 

Truth is a lot of the eggheads that were on here and funny have gone and it kind of sucks.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    ryantt said:
    ryantt said:
    All the crybabies chased them off. @cazzy has sired 9 children since he stopped posting and @henapple became a priest at a Unitarian Universal Church out in San Francisco.

Thanks, Obama. 
    Well at least henapple won’t be posting any more pictures of turkeys with his balls acting as there neck. That was one of the more disturbing things I’ve seen. 

Truth is a lot of the eggheads that were on here and funny have gone and it kind of sucks.  
    Don’t worry about it. Many good soldiers came before them and many more to come after. The internet is a funny business. This used to be a much more friendlier place but now some are OUTTA HERE!. 

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Well I have a cold and had to do my cooking indoors this weekend. That and help my niece sort out car insurance issues. Her one month old Prius Prime was rear ended by a drunk pickup driver. Of course he didn't have a drop of insurance. They on the other hand are well insured but her husband, the only one in the car, had a slight concussion and vertigo for 2 days. 
    Anyhow no pics of my root vegetable sausage pie since it wasn't Egged but it was good.
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I did not see the balls-as-turkey-neck photo, but was anyone really scarred by it? I think this site is better with some occasional discomfort and hi-jinks.
    Stillwater, MN
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    SGH said:
    thetrim said:
    Congrats on the new gig!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!