Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where are they now?

Comments

• I've always wondered why those that hate being censored (or do love it) just don't form a Facebook group where they could post anything they want.  I am part of some Facebook groups that focus on BBQ, and they openly let anything else go too.  Why do people feel the need to post whatever they want on a corporate controlled site?  Same goes for those that want whatever else it is they want.  No malice meant here, just feeling the pain of those that hate the forum for one reason or another, yet still hang here.  For whatever reason, I have stayed here for 10+ years too (well the greeneggers one forever before this one).  I mean those that are on one side or another know who they are, and they know those in their camp, it could easily be organized.  I find I spend way more time on the Facebook groups because this forum is the minority now, not because of censoring either way, but web forums are kind of dying off these days.  One of my favorite groups is a BBQ group with people here in Utah, its just cool to talk BBQ with people that live nearby, sharing local charcoal sales and deals on used grills and such.  Anyway, just a few ways I have dealt with the complete falloff this forum has had in the last 3-4 years.  I don't think it has anything to do with BGE or censorship, but more with how users get their content now.  Facebook can just be a login you use, like the one here, it doesn't mean you become friends with your Aunt, or your high school buddies, you just log in for the food pr0n.  No intention of offending either side here, there are just a few of my observations.
  • tl;dr

This used to be a much more friendlier place.  And that's coming from someone who's a newbie in the scheme of things.  
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Anyway, Scottie is safe, he is the buffalo. 
    I wish I was the Buffalo. I would require everyone to wear overalls and shave at least twice a day. No exceptions =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited February 2019
    SGH said:
    I wish I was the Buffalo. I would require everyone to wear overalls and shave at least twice a day. No exceptions =)
    Shave twice a day?  My skin would not be happy.  Of course, I don’t shave with a straight razor either.  Norelco during the week, Barbesol & disposable razor on Sunday.

edit: I’ve always been curious about using a straight razor.  I figured I’ll look like Van Gogh sooner or later if I did.
    Flint, Michigan
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    SGH said:
    I have no problems with overalls- but damn I hate to shave 😁😁
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH said:
    Hotch said:
    I miss the good old days...  :disappointed:
    Just glimpse back at the good old days........
    Coons and cream. Who don’t like that? 

My God man, look at those massive peaks. How can that be forbidden?

Image result for the matrix the **** gif

This used to be a much more friendlier place.  And that's coming from someone who's a newbie in the scheme of things.  

You are correct.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• What is unfriendly about this place?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    What is unfriendly about this place?
    Yeah,... what he said.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Trolls are upset, nothing to see here carry on. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie said:
    LOL, yeah I'm a troll. 

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited February 2019
    Dobie said:
    Dobie, I have 1.1K new discussions, most about food.  You have 52, most about something other than cooking.  Who's the troll?

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Dobie said:
    Dobie, I have 1.1K new discussions, most about food.  You have 52, most about something other than cooking.  Who's the troll?

• Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    edited February 2019
    @Doc_Eggerton this wasn’t directed at you, I’m not really familiar with your persona here and really don’t GAF to look you up so if this doesn’t apply to you then feel free to carry on. This was more geared to those who have been whining about the forum changes here and somehow think it will change things back to the previous troll platform they used it for in the past. If that doesn’t apply to you then awesome. I think the noise to signal ratio is much better now but I have a lot on my life plate so to speak so I don’t have ten thousand threads here and don’t feel the need to post every time I light the egg. Or be triggered, your call. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • Dobie said:
    @Doc_Eggerton this wasn’t directed at you, I’m not really familiar with your persona here and really don’t GAF to look you up so if this doesn’t apply to you then feel free to carry on. This was more geared to those who have been whining about the forum changes here and somehow think it will change things back to the previous troll platform they used it for in the past. If that doesn’t apply to you then awesome. I think the noise to signal ratio is much better now but I have a lot on my life plate so to speak so I don’t have ten thousand threads here and don’t feel the need to post every time I light the egg. Or be triggered, your call. 
    Bless your heart.

• SGH
    Shave twice a day?  
    Without question or doubt. 

I don’t shave with a straight razor either.  
    What a shame my friend. You just don’t know what you are missing. 

Norelco during the week, Barbesol & disposable razor on Sunday.
    This is simply unforgivable.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    If it wasn’t for the new found censorship, I would post the remains and aftermath of these fellows. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    If it wasn’t for the new found censorship, I would post the remains and aftermath of these fellows. 

Those are babies!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I'm cooking ribs, bitches.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX

• South of Columbus, Ohio.

• You can see my half++ had the pepperoni, that did not go unnoticed 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Stupid ribs failed the bend test. 

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SGH
    SGH said:

Those are babies!
    That’s the best ones =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    Shave twice a day?  
    Without question or doubt. 

I don’t shave with a straight razor either.  
    What a shame my friend. You just don’t know what you are missing. 

Norelco during the week, Barbesol & disposable razor on Sunday.
    This is simply unforgivable.  

So that I may learn new things, what shaving rig (razor with training wheels, brush...etc.) do you suggest for someone who has never shaved with a straight razor?  Sharpening & stropping recommendations?  
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304

Noted how the pepperoni strays across the half way line. 60:40 split seems fair.
  • I find it hilarious that 17 of the top 30 posts on the front page of my mobile screen are off topic and have nothing to do with cooking. Only 2-3 of the cooking are even bge related. This is awesome. So much better. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    I find it hilarious that 17 of the top 30 posts on the front page of my mobile screen are off topic and have nothing to do with cooking. Only 2-3 of the cooking are even bge related. This is awesome. So much better. 

Yep, and nobody is following Buffalo's instructions.  He very specifically said no more bouncing girls in T-shirts.  I don't know what the buffalo has against t-shirts, but people decided to stop posting these types of gifs instead of simply omitting the t-shirts as instructed.
    Phoenix 
  • Legume said:

I always liked that one.  I’m sure it’s because of the grill...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike