Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Legume said:
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    Gun shopping. 
    For what?
    Nothing fancy. Going to pick up some small stuff to start getting my granddaughter use to shooting. Going to get a Ruger Single Six revolver and a Henry lever action rifle. Both chambered in 22.  
    If you can, get the extra cylinder chambered for 22 mag if you can.  Not sure if they still offer it, but you could get a 22 or a 22/22mag.  If you have the 22, you can’t just get the other cylinder.
    I ordered a Ruger Single Six Convertible in 22 long rifle. It comes with an extra cylinder chambered in 22WMR. I had to order it because I wanted a 6.5 barrel and I wanted the gun in S.S. I should have it this coming Wednesday. 
    This is it:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    Wondering who I'm going to get to try these at Butt Blast.

http://deathnuts.com/product/dncv2
    10/10 would eat. I'm a sucker for punishment 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Better that than a brownie from @NCSmoky
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    thetrim said:
    ColtsFan said:

Better that than a brownie from @NCSmoky
    Lol! 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• thetrim
    Options
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist 
    I don't see much light between heaven and hell....

https://www.thelocal.it/20190208/nuns-sex-slaves-scandal-fresh-blow-to-catholic-church
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I don't see much light between heaven and hell....

https://www.thelocal.it/20190208/nuns-sex-slaves-scandal-fresh-blow-to-catholic-church
    We are veering into forbidden territory, but I have thoughts to share.  
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,119
    Options
    hey hey hey .... elsewhere my friends.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Going back through some of my favorite threads, after catching up with posting about the BB19 wearables, I noticed I had 140 something posts on this one I had yet to read.
    I was shocked it actually had been 6 days. If I am not mistaken, which I may very well be, we used to get that many in a couple of days.
    Things change.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @sgh you’re gonna love that little 22 pistol. I’ve got the same model that my granddad gave my dad back in the day when he was a kid (before they had to do the late 80s Remod safety cause people dropped them and they fired)

its the gun I learned to shoot a pistol with. Perfect for kids. Taught me that every bullet counts and that sight picture and sight alignment are more important than how fast you can pull the trigger. 

Also that 22mag insert is quite destructive on turtles and small critters. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SGH
    Options
    Caught a Bobcat. 

IMG_0180.mov

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Caught a Bobcat. 

IMG_0180.mov
    Why won’t my video post?

Status- Standing by.

• ColtsFan
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Tape those beautiful blades so you do not accidently scratch them while sharpening.  I skip that step, and it eventually burned me.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Marie Kondo(ing) our indoor and outdoor kitchen stuff.  Cleaning, organizing etc.
    I'll admit I've fought the process a bit because I hate admitting when I've made a purchase that's literally received 0 use.  Therefore If it doesn't bring you joy... 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • thetrim
    Options
    @DMW and @nolaegghead I wasn’t looking to wake the Buffalo.   I just watched „The Usual Suspects“ for the first time in years last night.   

Great flick.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Marie Kondo(ing) our indoor and outdoor kitchen stuff.  Cleaning, organizing etc.
    I'll admit I've fought the process a bit because I hate admitting when I've made a purchase that's literally received 0 use.  Therefore If it doesn't bring you joy... 
    It seems everytime I get rid of something I find a use for it 3 days later.
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Mirror. And @Ozzie_Isaac I scratched the darn blade when I first used it. Oops 

• ColtsFan
    Options
    Thawing frozen shut eggs. Stupid Indiana weather  

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options

This is what happens when your wife asks “what are you making for dinner tonight?” 20 minutes before guests show up you didn’t know were coming over. 

I call it “Manager’s Special Charcuterie Board” includes a half stale sleeve of broken crackers, some questionable hummus, and raisins from my daughters school lunch drawer. 
    I’d hit it Adam!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,399
    Options
    Great audible right there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    Options
    Nice improv @Killit_and_Grillit
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Doing the Dizzy Pig rub flavor test 8 rubs with the bottle burgers dusted in Raise the Steaks and stuffed with Bleu  cheese and Pamento cheese with jalapeño . Bone less thighs and breast filets individually dusted in
    Crossroads
    Swap Venom
    Dizzy Dust
    Tsunami Spin
    Cow Lick
    Pineapple Head
    Raging River
    Jamaican Firewalk

I will post results pending the effects of the amount of Lunitic Blondes I have encountered.

Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit wow, way to bring it home. Looks as good as any I’ve had! 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options

This is what happens when your wife asks “what are you making for dinner tonight?” 20 minutes before guests show up you didn’t know were coming over. 

I call it “Manager’s Special Charcuterie Board” includes a half stale sleeve of broken crackers, some questionable hummus, and raisins from my daughters school lunch drawer. 
    That is my kind of dinner right there. Nice call.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @Killit_and_Grillit wow, way to bring it home. Looks as good as any I’ve had! 
    Looks like his truck, under the seat.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • ColtsFan
    Options
    Watching Aquaman and laughing at SWMBO, she's out of town for a couple days.