Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    just put up this shelf and made an organizer peg rack for table saw accessories. 
    Options
    It sucks to lose even in a non playoff bowl Overrated? Not even close. Down? Yes but our future is bright and I love the direction we're headed. Onward and upward. 

You Dawgs can only get better.  You're only as good as your last game, so hopefully you'll play some cannon fodder for the season opener and build up confidence again.  You have some young players and a bright future. 

Never mind you were number 5 and played a number 15 that's been perennially weak since well into the end of the Mac Brown era..  That doesn't matter.  It was close, you were only a touchdown away from overtime.

I watched the BCS championship there against Alabama and we got schooled.  Had great seats too, it was a bummer the way it turned out, almost a blowout.  But at least I didn't bet on it. 

Retrospection is uncannily accurate.  "Over-rated"?, looking back, probably at a rating of number 5.  Formulas and all that.  But this is a new year, and you're on vacation, have some fun.

edited January 2019
    Options
    Great times had by all. At the end of the day it's just a bunch of kids playing a game. We open next season at Vandy oddly enough....already have the Nashville rooms booked. I love our program and the direction we're headed. Dawgs are gonna be in contention for a long time. Laissez les bons temps rouler. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Options
    Thanks. Just ordered a chicken fryer and casserole. 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Georgia was humiliated. I was shocked to see them play so poorly. Worst performance of the year, by far, getting a beatdown from Texas.
    I thought they had something to prove. They did. They proved the selection committee was correct in keeping them out of the playoffs.
    I expected much more than the  fiasco I saw last night. Their play embarrassed the SEC.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • KennyCJR
    KennyCJR Posts: 262
    Options
    Sitting in the drizzle with coffee, waiting on my puppy to poop...tired of cleaning up “puppy accidents”, as my wife calls them.  🤣🤣
    Llano, TX   -  Med and XL BGE’s
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Georgia was humiliated. I was shocked to see them play so poorly. Worst performance of the year, by far, getting a beatdown from Texas.
    I thought they had something to prove. They did. They proved the selection committee was correct in keeping them out of the playoffs.
    I expected much more than the  fiasco I saw last night. Their play embarrassed the SEC.
    I’m starting to think that the “vaulted SEC” is really just Alabama and a bunch of wanna-be’s.

< ducks >
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    edited January 2019
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I’m starting to think that the “vaulted SEC” is really just Alabama and a bunch of wanna-be’s.

< ducks >
    Ha! Now they have UK too.... 🤕
    Without UK's upset win over Penn State, the SEC would have a losing record, as they currently sit at 6-5  with the national championship still to be played.
    But, against Top 10 rated teams, the SEC is 4-1, soon to be 5-1. 11 teams made the bowl season, that is not bad.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Lit said:
    lousubcap said:
    LSU shoulda really put it to 'em but self-destructed inside the offensive end 20 yard line too many times.  Still the win.
    What are you talking about if there wasn’t that celebrating penalty after UCF stopped them on 3rd down UCF would have beat them with their backup quarterback. 
    So UCF is the national champion again this year?
    Not at all not even close to what I said. Just pointing out that the powerhouse SEC team barely beat us with a backup quarterback. The SEC is not as strong as everyone says and it’s a joke how they mainly play each other then think they should barely drop in the poles cause they lost to a good team. The whole college bowl/playoff system is a joke right now. Notre Dame shouldn’t have been in the top 10.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

< ducks >
    Without UK's upset win over Penn State, the SEC would have a losing record, as they currently sit at 6-5  with the national championship still to be played.
    But, against Top 10 rated teams, the SEC is 4-1, soon to be 5-1. 11 teams made the bowl season, that is not bad.
    No real dog in the fight, but consider 2 wins will be Bama and LSU beat a mid major with their second string defense. Also consider that they usually have little travel for the bowls as they are southern teams playing in the south (scientifically proven to be a huge deal). Consider the matchups aren't usually paired like a playoff. For instance, maybe Kentucky or Auburn should have played Ohio State? IDK, lots of factors to consider. Good teams everywhere and they are in constant flux. 
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    Some dimwit failed to negotiate a curve in our residential neighborhood and nailed a concrete power pole at 7:00 this morning. Across the street behind us you can see the pole in front of the truck.
    Good thing the egg was setup and ready to go and I had a percolator coffee maker.
    Cooked two eggs in my small CI pan and had left over cornbread with it. Just got power back so I could post this. That concrete pole was leaning before  it was hit so it will need to be replaced and who knows when that will happen since FPL didn't do it the last time it was hit. No one was hurt so there is that. Do not like how this year is starting out.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

< ducks >
    No real dog in the fight, but consider 2 wins will be Bama and LSU beat a mid major with their second string defense. Also consider that they usually have little travel for the bowls as they are southern teams playing in the south (scientifically proven to be a huge deal). Consider the matchups aren't usually paired like a playoff. For instance, maybe Kentucky or Auburn should have played Ohio State? IDK, lots of factors to consider. Good teams everywhere and they are in constant flux. 
    Quit messing with my trolling of my Bulldog friends. I am speaking entirely in jest, having fun because This is extreme rarefied air for the football program of UK.
    Getting to a bowl, then winning a mid upper level bowl only happens, maybe once in a lifetime, for UK football fans, like me.
    These are games that mean zero, unless you are in the playoffs, IMO.
    GO CATS! 14-0 NEXT YEAR!!!! (Seriously joking there) 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Dang @SamIAm2 that guy had to be moving when he made contact
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

< ducks >
    Quit messing with my trolling of my Bulldog friends. I am speaking entirely in jest, having fun because This is extreme rarefied air for the football program of UK.
    Getting to a bowl, then winning a mid upper level bowl only happens, maybe once in a lifetime, for UK football fans, like me.

The Cats has a great year. Congrats! It’s soooo much more fun when you have some success. My youngest is at Iowa State and they have won some big games in the last two years. Attendance at the football games has skyrocketed. Like Kentucky ( sorta) basketball is always a hot ticket. Cheers!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I may be off by miles but I think there is more to it. In my opinion, Georgia is a far better team than Texas this this year. I think they were still reeling from the loss to Bama and not making it into the playoffs. Their heart simply wasn’t in the game. Basically to a top tier school, anything short of the National Championship is meaningless. Especially after getting knocked out of contention at the very end of the season. 
    The same thing happened to Bama a few years ago when they was cheated and robbed by Ohio and the referees. They went on to lose to Oklahoma in the bowl game. I don’t think that anyone in their right mind would try to make a serious claim that Oklahoma was even in Bamas league that year, but yet they beat Bama. 
    My point is simple, if that game would of been played before the loss to Bama, Georgia would of easily dismantled Texas. It wouldn’t of even been a ballgame. It would of been a massacre. I knew that Georgia was a far superior team than Texas, but I didn’t bet on them due to the reasons mentioned above. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Lit said:
    Just pointing out that the powerhouse SEC team barely beat us with a backup quarterback. 
    I will give you that much. UCF was missing one starter. Y’all do realize that LSU was missing nine starters. UCF was playing against LSU’s 3rd and 4th string for the most part. I’m not saying that as joke or to be sarcastic. Simply look it up. 
    Also LSU was not a powerhouse this year. They were a good team, not a great team. A shell of their former self.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    Options
    SGH said:
    YukonRon said:
    I may be off by miles but I think there is more to it. In my opinion, Georgia is a far better team than Texas this this year. I think they were still reeling from the loss to Bama and not making it into the playoffs. Their heart simply wasn’t in the game. Basically to a top tier school, anything short of the National Championship is meaningless. Especially after getting knocked out of contention at the very end of the season. 
    The same thing happened to Bama a few years ago when they was cheated and robbed by Ohio and the referees. They went on to lose to Oklahoma in the bowl game. I don’t think that anyone in their right mind would try to make a serious claim that Oklahoma was even in Bamas league that year, but yet they beat Bama. 
    My point is simple, if that game would of been played before the loss to Bama, Georgia would of easily dismantled Texas. It wouldn’t of even been a ballgame. It would of been a massacre. I knew that Georgia was a far superior team than Texas, but I didn’t bet on them due to the reasons mentioned above. 
    Nope. You have bias. That’s why you play the game. The SEC usually has a huge advantage over the Midwest or even west coast teams in the southern played bowls. Simply due to where the games are played. Similarly, the Big Ten is at a huge disadvantage when playing in the Rose Bowl against a local PAC Ten team. 

Hopefully, the NCAA will allow the players to be paid everywhere and not just the SEC. 😜
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    thetrim said:
    The embedment kit they use for concrete poles have breakaway bolts they are meant to fall when hit to they don’t kill the driver. 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Single vehicle hits a pole.  Driving recklessly, impaired, or smart phone.  Place your bets.

Phoenix 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    Some dimwit failed to negotiate a curve in our residential neighborhood and nailed a concrete power pole at 7:00 this morning. Across the street behind us you can see the pole in front of the truck.
    Good thing the egg was setup and ready to go and I had a percolator coffee maker.
    Cooked two eggs in my small CI pan and had left over cornbread with it. Just got power back so I could post this. That concrete pole was leaning before  it was hit so it will need to be replaced and who knows when that will happen since FPL didn't do it the last time it was hit. No one was hurt so there is that. Do not like how this year is starting out.

So at last this can be put to bed...You can boil water in an egg !!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    Has anyone seen a boiling water money shot?? =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    I'm not convinced there is even water in that kettle. =)

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Pole jumped out in the road?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited January 2019
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Hardly humiliated.  7 point loss to a really good team after what 3 turnovers. Dawgs also had our starting defensive end, top 2 nose guards and outside linebacker out who will be a first round draft pick. Unfortunately ,we're not as deep as Bama yet.
    It's just a bowl game....not playoffs. I'm sure our players were still bitter and hard to motivate. Texas had something to prove and did it. They played a heluva game. Ehlinger looked great - he's a talented kid.
    Bring on next season!

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:

< ducks >

I tried to find a meme, but I figured I'd take the shortcut and bold a section of this post for you :)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    Pole jumped out in the road?
    Guy said he honked but it wouldn’t move.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,897
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Apparently not. Pole has been hit twice before and the second time it got hit enough to lean the top over far enough that a tall delivery truck hit the lines. Still, Florida Power and Light thought it was too expensive to replace.

Guy failed to follow the curve of the road just before 7:00 am today and went straight into the pole, which snapped the already weak top and that was all she wrote. Not sure but I think texting and driving was involved. FPL replaced it with a wooden pole. That should last a long time.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.