Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    I'm not convinced there is even water in that kettle. =)
    Zoom in and you will see the glass top is not clear but coated with coffee. This is only the second time I've had to make coffee this way and the glass was clear and clean this morning when I made the coffee. =)=)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,898
    Options
    Lit said:
    thetrim said:
    Dang @SamIAm2 that guy had to be moving when he made contact
    The embedment kit they use for concrete poles have breakaway bolts they are meant to fall when hit to they don’t kill the driver. 
    That explains why the pole was leaning after the first time it was hit. Florida rains and hurricanes probably helped it move more in the sandy soil as two of the four bolts were broken previously. Driver wasn't going fast enough to break the other bolts but the impact shook the pole and the weakened top fell over. Thanks.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen a concrete power pole; it doesn't make sense to me... :confused:

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Botch said:
    I don't think I've ever seen a concrete power pole; it doesn't make sense to me... :confused:
    I think the pole just holds the wires, and doesn't conduct the 'lectricity.  But what do I know?
    Options
    Botch said:
    I think the pole just holds the wires, and doesn't conduct the 'lectricity.  But what do I know?
    I think he means that they are usually made of wood or even steel. Concrete does seem a poor choice of materials as they would require steel reinforcements to achieve any kind of strength in this application. I think. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Botch said:
    I think he means that they are usually made of wood or even steel. Concrete does seem a poor choice of materials as they would require steel reinforcements to achieve any kind of strength in this application. I think. 
    That "Whooshing" sound, folks!
    Options
    Botch said:
    Concrete: adjective
    constituting an actual thing or instance; real:concrete proof of his sincerity.pertaining to or concerned with realities or actual instances rather than abstractions; particular (opposed to general): concrete ideas.representing or applied to an actual substance or thing, as opposed to an abstract quality:The words “cat,” “water,” and “teacher” are concrete, whereas the words “truth,” “excellence,” and“adulthood” are abstract.

Hope this helps clear up any confusion @Botch.
    :) 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Just got home from the hospital. MIL had a failed operation to remove a tumor on her brain. They went up through the nose, but once in they couldn't remove it because of the size. Have to go back in, in a few weeks through the skull.
    But on the bright side, they fixed her undiagnosed deviated septum while they were up there, so there's that. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Just got home from the hospital. MIL had a failed operation to remove a tumor on her brain. They went up through the nose, but once in they couldn't remove it because of the size. Have to go back in, in a few weeks through the skull.
    But on the bright side, they fixed her undiagnosed deviated septum while they were up there, so there's that. 
    That's rough.  I wish her the best.
    Options
    Be strong for the family at this challenging time.

On a totally unrelated note- glad you transitioned to the New Year w/o any personal issues with your NYE assignment.
    Stay safe out there. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Sorry to hear, I hope for the best.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    All the best @Battleborn
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Battleborn hang in there brother
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Fingers crossed, @Battleborn.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    @Battleborn prayers for a successful outcome... stay strong 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That really is unfortunate. All the best as she works through this journey. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    I appreciate the kind words. I just feel bad for my wife. Her dad passed in June and we moved her mom in with us shortly after. It has been tough on her. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Very sorry to read about your wife's Mother. We are hoping for the best.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Best wishes to you and your family @Battleborn
  • nolaegghead
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I get home from work a bit late tonight. 

SWMBO:  "I put a small turkey in the oven, can you check it with the Thermapen thingy?  I think it has about 40 minutes to go"

ME: "Sure"  (I check the turkey - it's 168F in the breast...)  "Ummm...it's done."  (Note idiot popup not popped up....)  B)

Options
    Trying to figure out this new computer system at work.... :s....I'm not technologically gifted
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Read this in an article, and wanted to share. 

Quotation by Washington: “I hope I shall possess firmness enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.”

Washington was a wise man and a fine general.
    I think I would've been a good general, but who knows.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Botch said:
    They do and are much more structurally sound and can be manufactured with more height. They can handle a lot more weight( (wires are very heavy) and as Nola pointed out do not conduct electricity. 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    They do and are much more structurally sound and can be manufactured with more height. They can handle a lot more weight( (wires are very heavy) and as Nola pointed out do not conduct electricity. 
    Just pointing out what I thought @Botch meant. Seemed to be some confusion. 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Botch said:
    Still seems a bit odd to me though. I would be interested in seeing the structural plans. Must have lots of steel as to eliminate deflection and eventual  delamination of the concrete from the reinforcement. Long thin freestanding concrete structures are rare to see. I did see some while down in Florida. Caught my eye immediately. Interesting to say the least. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Botch said:
    Still seems a bit odd to me though. I would be interested in seeing the structural plans. Must have lots of steel as to eliminate deflection and eventual  delamination of the concrete from the reinforcement. Long thin freestanding concrete structures are rare to see. I did see some while down in Florida. Caught my eye immediately. Interesting to say the least. 
    They have come a long way in concrete technology with composite infusion. Google "Concrete science". 
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.