Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THANKSGIVING LEFTOVER THROWDOWN!!!

Options
Alright y’all, It’s time for our annual Thanksgiving Leftover Throwdown. 

Use whatever leftovers you have to make a creative delicious dish or plate. 

New people don’t be shy, post early and post often. All for fun. 

Post with the most likes will get a care package in December. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Awww snap, son.   Dis gon be guud
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Kent8621
    Kent8621 Posts: 843
    Options
    im not cooking this year but looking forward to the results

2 Large Eggs - Raleigh, NC

Boiler Up!!

• HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 218
    Options
    Pizza and nachos!
    Memphis, TN
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I will struggle to try and throw something together this year. Have no idea what we can possibly do with leftovers from soup beans and cornbread.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    I should have saved my Turkey and Stuffing Sausage for After Thanksgiving 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I have a good idea, its gonna happen 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    I can I can only assume it must include use of our eggs?? Not just a turkey cranberry sammich....
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    Make all the assumptions you like-no rules posted, game on.  I am going to toss some turkey pieces/parts on after delivering a pulled pork banquet to the local fire-house. 
    My challenge will be the creativity-and a "give a $hit picture" approach.  All in good fun!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    RiverBBQ said:
    I can I can only assume it must include use of our eggs?? Not just a turkey cranberry sammich....
    @RiverBBQ no rules man. Do your thing. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    Options
    No rules are the rules.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RiverBBQ said:
    You know what happens when you assume?  You make an ass out of u and me.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Thank you @JohnInCarolina as I have an issue with "assume":
    Since I'm here in a thread hi-jack, the word I have wanted banished from the language for longer than I can remember is "assume".  It is a cop-out that facilitates the user.  It is an enabler, interpret things as you want/wish them to be.  And that interpretation is likely not the true reality and certainly will skirt the tough issue that, in most cases will include a potential uncomfortable situation or scenario.  Thus the "assumer" shirks the responsibility of pursuing the correct answer.  Off the soap-box.
    The above is a saved deal from many years of dealing with the word and the sentiments.  I truly hate the word.  Off another soap-box.
    I assume all will understand  ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I have a good idea, its gonna happen 
    That’s great, but I HAVE A BETTER IDEA!
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Let's leave that to the popular vote! 

• lousubcap
    Options
    No way-electoral college for the win!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Let's leave that to the popular vote! 
    You have a rabbit in your forum pic.  I feel pretty good about this.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Ohhhh. Interesting. Now I have to establish an entire BGE electoral college, run off system, vote count officials, oversight committee....

I feel like that election thread could really shadow Blake’s dividing “Peace Out” scandal. 

South of Nashville, TN

• CigarCityEgger
    Options
    I’ll count the Florida vote.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Just pretend you are some vote counting certified out-fit.  Da-n the torpedoes, full speed ahead.  Then "have it your way", Burger King will be fine with that.  =)
    Of course not so much high drama and will certainly lead to lower posts.
    In the end game, always remember "WIC, BIC".
    "When in charge, be in charge." Always worked for me. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,758
    Options
    =) Sea2Ski said:
    Here is my entry. Nothing fancy or complex. The beauty is it’s simplicity.
    We eat early - about 2, so this is prepared at about 6:30-7:00pm. 
    Leftover dark meat on a Kings Hawaiian roll with leftover coleslaw and a hefty amount of fresh cracked pepper. The side is potato chips. Have had this every year for as long as I can remember, and have zero plans on mixing it up. I actually like it better than the main meal. 

If if you need an updated and better pic, standby. I will get one for you about 7:00 pm on Thursday.
    I’m out  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Thank you @JohnInCarolina as I have an issue with "assume":
    Since I'm here in a thread hi-jack, the word I have wanted banished from the language for longer than I can remember is "assume".  It is a cop-out that facilitates the user.  It is an enabler, interpret things as you want/wish them to be.  And that interpretation is likely not the true reality and certainly will skirt the tough issue that, in most cases will include a potential uncomfortable situation or scenario.  Thus the "assumer" shirks the responsibility of pursuing the correct answer.  Off the soap-box.
    The above is a saved deal from many years of dealing with the word and the sentiments.  I truly hate the word.  Off another soap-box.
    I assume all will understand  ;)

Another reason why I hope this forum will never become a personal meal posting picture thread only.
    @lousubcap this is exactly what ruined my vocal cords years ago when I took the necessary time to enlighten one of the team members on a proper thinking process.
    If you think you know, you do not know. When you know, you know, then you know you know.
    Borrowed your soapbox.
    Thank you.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Ohhhh. Interesting. Now I have to establish an entire BGE electoral college, run off system, vote count officials, oversight committee....

I feel like that election thread could really shadow Blake’s dividing “Peace Out” scandal. 
    Brought to you by Broward County!
    New Albany, Ohio 

• SandyHookEgger
    Options
     I assume it is ok to request an extension to the deadline that has not yet been defined for Likes.
     Just want to be sure every Like is counted as there are many folks who aren’t members that intend to vote for me. I will advise of the number recieved post deadline.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    If this thread gets sunk tonight I nominate last years winner @tarheelmatt to start a new thread tomorrow. 

South of Nashville, TN

• RiverBBQ
    RiverBBQ Posts: 191
    Options
    RiverBBQ said:
    @RiverBBQ no rules man. Do your thing. 
    I appreciate the short answer, besides the fact that I am an ass. 
    You can’t get to Loganville, Ga from anywhere. You have to start somewhere else
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    It appears we are NOT doing a traditional Thanksgiving this year, bummer 

• YukonRon
    Options
    It appears we are NOT doing a traditional Thanksgiving this year, bummer 
    Makes you a favorite to win. Neither are we.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I had one good idea that doesn't work now, and today is my last day off before I go to Georgia