Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Plowing my way through the "What are you drinking thread" ...959 to go..

And I've seen recent videos of toddlers getting crushed by falling furniture when trying to climb on it.  Sure, they are freak accidents, but if that happens to a kid you know, or eve worse to one of your own, life ends as you know it.

I once left my kids unattended for 30 seconds top in the bath tub one day.  They were probably 4 and 3 at the time.  I came back in to no kids in the tub.  They jumped out of the tub, got into our garage, drove their battery operated Jeep to the playground 10 houses down, and we're playing on the playground butt ass nekkid.  As my wife and I were running around looking for them, a neighbor asked, "Did you have a couple escapees?" and pointed us in the right direction.
    Dude I know that wasn’t funny then but I just got a good chuckle out of it. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Plowing my way through the "What are you drinking thread" ...959 to go..

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Wishing I could enjoy the Friday shenanigans with a cold one.  I have to pick up my in laws from the aeropuerto, and their flight from Long Island is delayed several hours.  Arrives at 2100 now. 

Hmmmm, I guess I could have just one!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • nolaegghead
    thetrim said:
    Wishing I could enjoy the Friday shenanigans with a cold one.  I have to pick up my in laws from the aeropuerto, and their flight from Long Island is delayed several hours.  Arrives at 2100 now. 

In-laws!?

Image result for huge beer

thetrim said:

Its the in-laws....they can Uber.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    thetrim said:

In laws? Tell them Uber is easier and quicker.  ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    Is the what are you drinking thread worth reading? Should I just dive in at the tail like I did here?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• WeberWho
    NorthGAcock I like the way you think! Beat me to the punch and post comment button!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Is the what are you drinking thread worth reading? Should I just dive in at the tail like I did here?
    That's what I did.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • thetrim
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:

I agree, but when I tell my MIL, "Uber.  It's really easy" she hears.

"Oma, we need you to split the atom."

XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    thetrim said:
    WeberWho said:
    thetrim said:

I agree, but when I tell my MIL, "Uber.  It's really easy" she hears.

"Oma, we need you to split the atom."

Call them a cab.  A little more work on your part, but you don’t have to leave the house. 
  • nolaegghead
    Since as bar back as the time I could drive there has been the family ritual of seeing who draws the shortest straw to pick (insert familial here) up from the airport.
    Cooler test.

I plan on sitting outside and drinking all the beer in this cooler. It better stay cold. 

~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WeberWho
    edited July 2018
    The Craigslist Kitchenaid mixer I was gifted appears to have a chewed up worm following gear. Everything else appears to be in good condition. 

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    Yeah that would be me.  For most people, a "it's really easy" phrase during some instruction is reassuring.  I said that once to a certain someone about how to add a picture to a text, and she ended up storming out of our house and walking home 13 miles in the darkness of night.

Luckily, everyone there had the don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out the door attitude, and she didn't get kidnapped, raped, and/or murdered on the way home.

Ok, so that's enough family stories for now.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Good choice of beer @ColtsFan
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Enjoying a beer on my last weekend before having my second disketomy in a year and a half.  Hopefully they get it right this time.  Going to be down for a month. Have been having problems since May but between insurance and dr. Had to go through therapy first and now finally surgury.  No begging for me for a while sadly. Have all these rubs and sauces to try from @Biggreenpharmacist. I did crack open the peach lightning and man that stuff was good. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    thetrim said:
    @lit, I just picture that sweet kid getting stuck in the cooler.  I am sure you are right there the whole time, but you hear crazy stories like that.

I wonder how many kids got locked in coolers before Yeti started sending these stickers with each purchase?
    They are totally missing out on the Yeti babysitter market. If you close the lid you can’t even hear them you just have to make sure you open the breather hole they have at the bottom. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Wowza! If I ever upgrade my 80qt brewing operation then I will have to consider a crawfish setup!
    Whatever you do, don't use your beer stuff with crawfish unless you don't mind your beer tasting like crawfish boil.   This has come up in my beer club.
    Beer club?  Where do I sign up?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• nolaegghead
    bucky925 said:
    Wowza! If I ever upgrade my 80qt brewing operation then I will have to consider a crawfish setup!
    Whatever you do, don't use your beer stuff with crawfish unless you don't mind your beer tasting like crawfish boil.   This has come up in my beer club.
    Beer club?  Where do I sign up?
    I haven't been to a meeting or paid dues in a while but I still get the emails so guess I'm still in...

Fascinated by the boys stuck in the cave story.  Guessing they got to make a move soon.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    HeavyG said:
    thetrim said:
    @lit, I just picture that sweet kid getting stuck in the cooler.  I am sure you are right there the whole time, but you hear crazy stories like that.

I wonder how many kids got locked in coolers before Yeti started sending these stickers with each purchase?
    Probably close to zero.

I don't know about coolers but a few babies die each year from falling into 5 gallon buckets and drowning (which is one of those statistics that make you go "really?").

I'm guessing the same sort of scenario could happen with some coolers.

There goes my father of the year award. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    30 seconds?!  Man, those kids can MOVE!
    That is fast as lightning!  Maybe they were also kung-fu fighting.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Jeremiah said:
    Currently in New Bern NC, drinking Asheville beer. 
    That is a pretty good beer right there.  Had it many times. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    Jeremiah said:
    Currently in New Bern NC, drinking Asheville beer. 
    Gaelic Ale is great!  I have to say, I prefer their older Highland Games type branding, but I'm sure the beer is just as good!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,332
    Burger from the Egg... That is an oddity these days with the Blackstone. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    edited July 2018
    The classic young kid question of the parent(s), "Who's got the kid watch?"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Waiting for the sprinkler repair guy to show up.  He was happy to show up on a Friday night, but dang its going to be hot out on the west-facing porch right now, 95º.  Grass turns brown in two days if it doesn't get watered every morning, in this heat.  
    The wind finally moved enough to bring in the smoke from a wildfire south of here, can smell the smoke even in the house.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.