Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You're also going to want the cart for the bowl. -edit to remove photo duplicate so as not to waste more forum room. =)
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options
    @nolaegghead I’m watching diners drive in and dives and this episode is all on New Orleans. He was at The Joint. Is it as good as he says it is?  It didn’t look bad. Was just wondering from a locals point of view. 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • Fredb
    Fredb Posts: 89
    Options
    This is a waste of room on this forum!!!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Fredb said:
    Totally agree.  Plus, think of all the electrons wasted!  They could be running my backup toaster or charging up my "laser". 
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Fredb said:
    So go away. It’ll save some space 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,043
    edited July 2018
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @WeberWho - Friend from Alabama was telling me about a place back home called Papa Murphy's that builds pizza the way you want so you can take it home and cook it later. Just happened to be with him this afternoon and found one in Melbourne, Fl. Had to take this picture just for you.
    Thanks for the pic! @SamIAm2 I took a culinary class over at the local college when I was in high school. We had to use one of those in class. Those things are impressive. Lots of power. I agree with Blasting. One of those would be fun to play around with in the kitchen.

I'd love to find a 12qt Hobart mixer for cheap. It would be way overkill for me but still would be pretty awesome. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,633
    Options
    Fredb said:
    I was totally unaware we were running out of space.  Sacrifices and austerity measures must be implemented.  No more emoji faces.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    Legume said:
    Fredb said:
    I was totally unaware we were running out of space.  Sacrifices and austerity measures must be implemented.  No more emoji faces.
    Well, there goes fishless...
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,695
    Options
    Have the dash out of my truck, replacing the evaporator core, also the compressor bearings are shot... trying to save a $1,200 labor bill. 
     $1500 to change heater core in my F150 was motivation enough for me. $60 part and 11hrs of my time.  Removed the entire dash.  Labeled and bagged every fastener and bracket.  Laid it all out on the ground in the order of removal.  Slow and steady.
    No hurry... got a beer going and bge has been running all day ;-)
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    1.5 hour delay and 3 gate changes at DFW. Most ironic thing is that we are now boarding at the gate where we arrived.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • SamIAm2
    Options

WeberWho said:
    SamIAm2 said:
    @WeberWho - Friend from Alabama was telling me about a place back home called Papa Murphy's that builds pizza the way you want so you can take it home and cook it later. Just happened to be with him this afternoon and found one in Melbourne, Fl. Had to take this picture just for you.
    Thanks for the pic! @SamIAm2 I took a culinary class over at the local college when I was in high school. We had to use one of those in class. Those things are impressive. Lots of power. I agree with Blasting. One of those would be fun to play around with in the kitchen.

I'd love to find a 12qt Hobart mixer for cheap. It would be way overkill for me but still would be pretty awesome. 
    WeberWho said:
    SamIAm2 said:

@WeberWho - Glad you liked the picture. One of my many childhood jobs was working in the bakery doing all the grunt work for the baker. Much older version of this way back in 1965. Thing was a beast and nothing that was attached to it was light. Best part of the job - finding the chocolate chips and the maraschino cherries hidden behind the sacks of flour.

Lady at the pizza place said it had the normal attachments but also a slicing tool so she could make thin zucchini with it. The size of that power cable makes me wonder if this thing has a 200-240 volt motor. Thanks for wasting your time looking.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    blasting said:
    SamIAm2 said:

I have no idea why, but I want one of those Hobart mixers.  That's just badass.

And I'm assuming that 3-wheel cart in front of it is to remove the Big Bowl.  Never seen one that big on any "Triple-D" either.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,493
    edited July 2018
    Options
    To all forum members that have "useless bytes" as offered above, feel free to load 'em up.  You are enjoying life and those of us in a pedestrian environment appreciate the motivation.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    wastin bytes...
    Options
    Legume said:

No more emoji faces.

Yes, ^^^ this.

Phoenix 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Streaming some Live Trey courtesy of Levitatefestival.com 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I'm just here to waste room on the forum :giggle:
    I take up more room in person.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Seasoning this butt up. I'll drop on the egg later for an overnight. My girls softball team has a tournament next week in TN.  I'm going to vaccum seal for dinners at the hotel. Can't beat the kitchenette and a SV.

I used to coach girls travel. Good times with my daughters.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • SamIAm2
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    You're also going to want the cart for the bowl. -edit to remove photo duplicate so as not to waste more forum room. =)
    Botch said:
    blasting said:
    SamIAm2 said:

I have no idea why, but I want one of those Hobart mixers.  That's just badass.

And I'm assuming that 3-wheel cart in front of it is to remove the Big Bowl.  Never seen one that big on any "Triple-D" either.  
    @Botch -my bad for editing out the photo when my post moved to the top of the this page. Post was then out of context so you probably missed my comment. Nothing to see here, move along so we can all stop wasting time and electrons on the forum. This post brought to you without additional emoji.
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    STOP WASTING MY BYTES!

• nolaegghead
    Options
    please, if everyone doesn't mind, post random old pictures of anything.