Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    And, just like that, I have a new sprinkler controller.  Jason took one look at the display and said, "Yep, she's toast!"  He flipped another cover and said, "This was installed in 1996, you got your money's worth."  Me: "That didn't even last 25 years, WTF?!?"  (I like to whine)  
    Less than 10 minutes later he called me out to the back porch, asked how long I like each station to run, programmed that in, showed me how it worked, and done!  He got a 33% tip, he's so quick to show up and to get the work done.   :)

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Fired up the little grill for some corn, squash with steak seasoning and chicken breasts with s and p. Seasonings compliments of @HoustonEgger

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    One of my go to’s when I’m not drinking local craft. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Just took this video of Brooke break dancing 

Getting close my friend 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Just took this video of Brooke break dancing 

Getting close my friend 
    I feel bad for the kid:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Options
    WeberWho said:
    I've seen it a million times but I can't get myself to turn the channel. Dang you TBS

Thank you for mentioning this.  D&D is just what I need right now.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    @nolaegghead I’m a fan of pho - but I have yet to make it myself. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    @SciAggie, it's involved...right up your alley  =)

this time I cheated and made the broth from concentrate. 
    Options

Kids in bed. Date night movie and Wagyu smash burgers with smoked Gouda and bacon with tater tots. 
    #winning
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Wings and ‘tater salad - and margaritas. Life is good my friends. 

Brother that is some excellent pics. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SciAggie
    Options
    @SGH Thank you sir. Glad to see you back around. I hope life is treating you well. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    we destroyed the Pho
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Wings and ‘tater salad - and margaritas. Life is good my friends. 

That looks great (as always)!  Any info on the tater salad?  I wanted to make some grilled PS a couple weeks back, but decided to go the German route in honor of my team before there untimely exit from the WeltMeister.

Great job!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @thetrim Ibused this recipe. I increased the vinegar and added some lime juice. https://shewearsmanyhats.com/texas-style-new-potato-salad-recipe/
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Went out to fill a couple 5 gal cans with ethanol free and decided to pick up some Pho.  damn restaurant was closed so dropped in Hong Kong market and bought the ingredients. 
     How did you make Pho broth on a whim? It is like an 18hr process.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    Went out to fill a couple 5 gal cans with ethanol free and decided to pick up some Pho.  damn restaurant was closed so dropped in Hong Kong market and bought the ingredients. 
     How did you make Pho broth on a whim? It is like an 18hr process.
    You missed the part where he confessed to using a broth concentrate.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Going on fighting this cold for the 5th day now, and I feel 1% better than when at my worst.
    I am thinking the flights today are going to be the worst in my life.  Sinuses may just explode.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

Kids in bed. Date night movie and Wagyu smash burgers with smoked Gouda and bacon with tater tots. 
    #winning
    #makinanother
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Seasoning this butt up. I'll drop on the egg later for an overnight. My girls softball team has a tournament next week in TN.  I'm going to vaccum seal for dinners at the hotel. Can't beat the kitchenette and a SV.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA