Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited July 2018
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Owwww, I broke my neck again.

Evening calisthenics? Dusk yoga? Simon says? Hypnotist's volunteers/victims that think they are now chickens?
     4th July Show on the beach.  80/90s rock tribute band.  Mexico knows how to throw an Independence day party! 

Thanks to Vanilla, I double posted sideways.  Sorry 'bout that.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Owwww, I broke my neck again.

Evening calisthenics? Dusk yoga? Simon says? Hypnotist's volunteers/victims that think they are now chickens?
     4th July Show on the beach.  80/90s rock tribute band.  Mexico knows how to throw an Independence day party! 

Thanks to Vanilla, I double posted sideways.  Sorry 'bout that.
    Here Oz, I’ve fixed it for you:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yeah, blame it on Vanilla 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Just have to get through one last day of work, and then I’ll be heading back here...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    thetrim said:

Made my day to see this street sign today!   @possumtrot. Wish you lived on this street, Henry!

Hard to leave my local community
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Any video of an actually possum trot.  Most time I see a possum it stops and plays dead. Although you’re old and slow, I appreciate your vitality and overall good health.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Did someone say Possum?

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    He used to live near there - @The_Stache is close as well.  Good taste, I say.
    LBGE, Joe,Jr

• CigarCityEgger
    CigarCityEgger Posts: 2,109
    Options

Enjoying the beach post 4th craziness 
  • Possumtrot
    Options
    Why did the chicken cross the road?  To show the possum it could be done!  One night I took the dogs out before bedtime (mini long hair dachshunds)and they went on alert immediately.  I shined the flashlight across the yard and saw two small beady eyes - was a possum and it then proceeded to do more than trot down the street - was actually pretty fast. Happened another time - was a skunk but we were the fast ones then.
    LBGE, Joe,Jr

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,353
    Options
    Just read that the bourbon warehouse that had one half collapse a couple weeks ago has just had the remaining half collapse sending another 9000 barrels of liquor tumbling away. Yikes!
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    a great drinking game where players have to sit in a tree, like a possum, and consume a pack of 24 beers, preferably speights, until they fall out of the tree from drunkeness.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • The_Stache
    The_Stache Posts: 1,153
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    Did someone say Possum?

When he was on radio he was known as PicklePuss...
    Kirkland, TN
    2 LBGE, 1 MM

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    DMW said:
    My oldest just got home from getting her wisdom teeth out. She's a bit loopy, apparently on the way home she got rather emotional because they didn't let her keep the teeth, and also was worried she no longer had a tongue. I'm doing my best not to laugh in front of her.
    You need to record conversation with her in loopy state...  it will be funnier years from now
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @HeavyG - All over the news here this AM.  Here's an excerpted piece:
    "Despite attempts to shore up Barton 1792Distillery's seven-story warehouse after half of its wooden-structure fell June 22 in Bardstown, Kentucky, the rest of the rackhouse collapsed Wednesday.  

The alert to Nelson County Dispatch came at 2:20 p.m.  

The initial collapse of Warehouse 30 sent about half of the 18,000 or so barrels crashing to the ground, many shattering upon impact. The remaining barrels and what was left of the warehouse structure fell Wednesday. "

No injuries reported.  

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I read that it was too unsafe to shore up so they knew it was coming down. Just a matter of time. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @HeavyG - All over the news here this AM.  Here's an excerpted piece:
    "Despite attempts to shore up Barton 1792Distillery's seven-story warehouse after half of its wooden-structure fell June 22 in Bardstown, Kentucky, the rest of the rackhouse collapsed Wednesday.  

The alert to Nelson County Dispatch came at 2:20 p.m.  

The initial collapse of Warehouse 30 sent about half of the 18,000 or so barrels crashing to the ground, many shattering upon impact. The remaining barrels and what was left of the warehouse structure fell Wednesday. "

No injuries reported.  

I leave Kentucky for one week.

I left it to @lousubcap in charge to handle this crisis while I was gone.

At least they landed nicely without killing more fish.

Victory!

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    This person might be a mad genius. Park it in front of the window and check the temp from inside. 

More likely that they’re a dumbazz. 

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    edited July 2018
    Options

https://youtu.be/-_PcWt0-T0o

Here’s the link to our fireworks “episode” last night. It’s better with the volume up.  
    The video is a little Blair Witchy, but it’s live action shot by a 12 year-old. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @jeffwit - Better to be lucky than good any day.  Dodged a huge bullet right there.  Just glad no one was injured.  Wow!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    This person might be a mad genius. Park it in front of the window and check the temp from inside. 

More likely that they’re a dumbazz. 

Your obviously missing the point. Did you not read and see he has a sweet new nest!  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    @jeffwit   Holy Crap Brother you dodged a bullet... happy all safe....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Here’s the link to our fireworks “episode” last night. It’s better with the volume up.  
    “Living on a Prayer” playing in the background. 

Priceless. 

Glad everyone is ok. Y’all will be laughing about this next year. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    Options
    @jeffwit that’s damn close to what happened to me.  We have a video, I may post it. Scary as hell. 
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Why did the chicken cross the road?  To show the possum it could be done!  One night I took the dogs out before bedtime (mini long hair dachshunds)and they went on alert immediately.  I shined the flashlight across the yard and saw two small beady eyes - was a possum and it then proceeded to do more than trot down the street - was actually pretty fast. Happened another time - was a skunk but we were the fast ones then.
    I was awakened one night after midnight by my chickens clearly upset by something. Grabbed the pump and headed to the back door where one of my boxers was attempting to tear it down. I let her run. When we got to the coop the intruder was still there. I flipped the door open and leveled off on a possum poaching eggs. Didn't want to shoot him so I took a rake and shooed him out of the coop. My coop is surrounded by a 6 ft chain link fence and to my (Sober) amazement that little guy squeezed himself through one of the diamond shaped holes in the fence fabric only to be apprehended by my boxer on the other side of the fence. She pinned him down with a paw and was waiting for me to get out. I gave her the release command and our bandit waddled off never to return.   
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @jeffwit that’s damn close to what happened to me.  We have a video, I may post it. Scary as hell. 
    I remember when I was a kid/teen that $hit was hysterical. We would intentionally do that type of nonsense. 

Now that there are little kids in the mix it changes everything. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    jeffwit said:

Priceless. 

We were dying laughing as soon as we realized nobody was hurt. 
    The kids are asking how we’re going to top it next year. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    edited July 2018
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    jeffwit said:

Priceless. 

We were dying laughing as soon as we realized nobody was hurt. 
    The kids are asking how we’re going to top it next year. 
     My wife got hit by a mortar that ricocheted off a house.  She doesn't like fireworks so was in the front yard while the fools were in the back.  A mortar tube fell over just as it launched.  Hit a neighbors house (cracking the siding and melting some) then hit my wife in the shoulder before continuing across the street to detonate.  She was not impressed. 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin