Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I was gonna post my fireworks.  Never mind...
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    good to see the Canadians celebrating the 4th too!
    Options
    You mean Canada has a 4th of July? Weird...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • dharley
    dharley Posts: 377
    Options
    DMW said:
    I heard they have one every year.
    LBGE, PSWOO, 36" Blackstone, MasterBuilt smoke box- Playing with fire in Three Rivers, MI

My '23 & Me' said I'm 2/3 bacon and 1/3 Red Blooded American

USMC Veteran

Always do sober what you said you would drunk, that'll teach you to keep your mouth shut.  -EH
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    dharley said:
    DMW said:
    I heard they have one every year.
    Did they steal it, or does Mexico have one too?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    When they say light and get away, get away. 

This summbitch blew blew up in the launch tube while I was about 15’ away.  Three breaks on the ground.  Scar d the shît outta me.  The kids were in the drive way with me.  They ran like hell.  
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,667
    Options
    buzzvol said:
    JFC!!!
    We have a phantom fireworks three miles from the house, they are open all year but only have customers in the lot on the fourth and New Years... and fireworks are illegal in ohio... they must be cash because the banks would have laughed them to the door!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    When they say light and get away, get away. 

This summbitch blew blew up in the launch tube while I was about 15’ away.  Three breaks on the ground.  Scar d the shît outta me.  The kids were in the drive way with me.  They ran like hell.  
    Glad nothing bad came of that.  First time I had mortars I didn’t get the concept and put a smaller one from one box in a larger tube from another.  3 feet off the ground and it blows up. Yikes.
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    We had a mortar get stuck in the tube, explode in the tube, and subsequently ignite 90% of the remaining fireworks (including 10-12 more mortars) that we had left. Once we realized nobody was hurt, it was epically hilarious. My daughter got it on video, too bad I can’t post videos here. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Glad y’all are safe!  Scary. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited July 2018
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    We had a mortar get stuck in the tube, explode in the tube, and subsequently ignite 90% of the remaining fireworks (including 10-12 more mortars) that we had left. Once we realized nobody was hurt, it was epically hilarious. My daughter got it on video, too bad I can’t post videos here. 
    You can post videos and embed them here, just not directly. Upload to YouTube, wait for it to process, then publish it publicly. Grab the URL to the video and paste it in the body of a post.

Here's an example:
    https://youtu.be/WtlL2OtkM70

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL excellent cook ,balakie!
    Options
    The Make America Great Again Phallic Cake. What more could you want?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    The wife has it all on video.  The neighbors move to their garage.  
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @nolaegghead Thanks Carey :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    The Make America Great Again Phallic Cake. What more could you want?
    More rockets

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• FrostyEgg
    FrostyEgg Posts: 583
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Wife is due in two weeks, mother is annoying as all hell sometimes (love her to death), but ahhhhhhh. Mistake inviting family over today. They're very set on a specific eating time, and of course the pork butt ran over. Pulled it under finished due to annoyance. They left seemingly satisfied, but still, ugh.

Nothing some booze can't drown.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    Wife is due in two weeks, mother is annoying as all hell sometimes (love her to death), but ahhhhhhh. Mistake inviting family over today. They're very set on a specific eating time, and of course the pork butt ran over. Pulled it under finished due to annoyance. They left seemingly satisfied, but still, ugh.

The bright side is that they left. 
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    There is that...but ugh. Ill save the better cuts of meat for my more flexible friends.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SRF brisket on
  • FrostyEgg
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:

The bright side is that they left. 
    There's that. Idk, just an off day. The pork is done when it's done...if you're not hungry then develop patience or go eat a snack. it's always been worth it. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    Happy Independence Day!

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,352
    Options
    Owwww, I broke my neck again.

Evening calisthenics? Dusk yoga? Simon says? Hypnotist's volunteers/victims that think they are now chickens?
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk