Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - OT - OT OT 2018 World Cup, Who ya got? If you even care OT - OT - OT - OT

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    I wished Senegal was still paying.   Both Japan and Colombia will have tough knockout round games 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    So far, Belgium seems to be winning the cards race.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    And the boring passing it round at the back race.
  • Eoin
    I doubt anyone enjoyed that match, it was pretty dull! Roll on the knock out phase.
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,850
    edited June 2018
    Two very odd experiences.  
    Winning easily against anyone is not the England way - luckily that second half was a return to tepid mediocrity.  
    Then entering a match that was essentially irrelevant with all outcomes acceptable totally fried our brains.  
    Shame so many of the group stage final matches were pyrrhic.  I do think the match between the top seeds should be game #2.  FIFA's love-in with the big countries is all well and good but introducing more jeopardy is closer to the purpose of a tournament.
    Similarly, the rankings system is a busted-flush.  Well done Poland for being good on paper and utter garbage in the WC. 

Felt in a good mood when I woke up, re-reading this - seems not.  I need more coffee.
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    The downside is that England B looked a bit pants. Not sure about the draw, I would have preferred a win. Hopeful about Colombia, but a disciplined team like Sweden is just the type of outfit we historically struggle against.

The upside is that England A have looked good going forward, creating chances and intimidating defences. Set pieces seem to have been particularly well thought out, although this may be much less of an advantage against a physically big and organised team like the Swedes. 
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 said:
    Possibly a bit premature - but may not get time on the weekend, so here's the latest winner odds;

Brazil @ 7/2 are shortening favourites  (+350)
    Spain @ 4/1  (+400) 
    Belgium @ 11/2 (+550)
    England @ 15/2  (+750)
    France @ 8/1  (+800) 
    Croatia @ 10/1 (+1000)
    Argentina @ 14/1 (1400)    -  probably worth a flutter,  despite them being despicable wretches and the inevitable moral conflict that will stir.

Strangely, no odds showing for Germany.  Oh no - hang on....  =)=)=)=)

No real change, other than Belgium drifting to 13/2 (+650) and Croatia, too - out to 12/1 (+1200) 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    This is the France I’ve been wanting to see 

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn
    Agreed. Mbappe was the man. 

They have all the pieces to win it all. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    France- they definitely have the team speed to make a deep run.  Surprised Argentina scored 3 against them.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Eoin
    Good game, I enjoyed that.
  • CPFC1905
    Goodbye to the Maradonna travelling circus.   France finding form at the right time.  Ominous.  
  • thetrim
    And in one hour Ronaldo starts his exit from the tourney!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    thetrim said:
    And in one hour Ronaldo starts his exit from the tourney!
    And not sorry to see him go.
  • thetrim
    Me either.  Was hoping Uruguay could make a run to the semis.  If Cavani is out and with France looking like they did, it’s not likely. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    thetrim said:
    Me either.  Was hoping Uruguay could make a run to the semis.  If Cavani is out and with France looking like they did, it’s not likely. 
    Commentators here were a bit more optimistic for Uruguay as the French will not be given the space to run in behind as they had with Argentina.
  • CPFC1905
    Spain & Croatia for me today.  Not quite as sparkling as yesterday, I suspect. However, Spain will absolutely fall to pieces if they don't get past Russia. 
  • thetrim
    Yeah easy wins by multiple goals for both games today.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 said:
    Spain & Croatia for me today.  Not quite as sparkling as yesterday, I suspect. However, Spain will absolutely fall to pieces if they don't get past Russia. 
    Perhaps not.   No surprise the VAR referral against the hosts went their way.... 
  • Eoin
    I didn't think it was a cut and dried VAR penalty. Spain were poor, no threat. At least they're tired if they win on penalties.
  • CPFC1905
    yeeeessss!!!  Tiki taka that on your way home Sergio Ramos!
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Can't wait for the Sergios Ramos crying gif to be available.   Good riddance, hope I never have to see a match with you in it again.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
  • thetrim
    I called that one wrong.  Spain looked like Germany today.  Glad Spain lost.  Sergio Ramos is my least favorite futballer in the world.  Total prick.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Unfortunately I didn't get to watch.  Had to follow the commentary on wifi at 30,000 feet.  What did Sergio Ramos do that put him past Pepe or Suarez on the prick scale?

(As an aside, I was hoping during yesterday's game that the two of them would collide and both have to leave the game...)

San Antonio, TX

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    edited July 2018
    David Luiz is my least favorite 
  • thetrim
    Guess I was wrong about Croatia-Denmark. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    One side of the draw looks a lot easier than the other now, which means we're bound to get knocked out.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Some great keeper performance in the Croatia-Denmark PK's.  Never mind the Danish keeper burying the PK in minute 116.  Entertaining finish for sure.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.