Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - OT - OT OT 2018 World Cup, Who ya got? If you even care OT - OT - OT - OT

Options

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    This KFC commercial is a hit despite being a "flop":

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,863
    Options
    And it's farewell to our Alpine friends.  Shaqiri can return to his bugeoning career in diplomacy.  
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That was a nice game. It's kind of hard to get a clean shot thru 10 yellow jerseys.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    And it's farewell to our Alpine friends.  Shaqiri can return to his bugeoning career in diplomacy.  
    Not seen any rumours yet, is he going to give the championship a try next season?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Eoin said:
    thetrim said:
    Anyone have any of the aerosol spray that seems to mend all wounds and cure all pain?  I remember in my Rugby playing days, we had a bucket of water and sponge that tried to do the same thing!  It was rarely successful.
    The spray is probably just water as well.
    The better teams use Nanite-infussed water (nanomachines - part of Nanorobotics).
    Options
    Eoin said:
    CPFC1905 said:
    Not seen any rumours yet, is he going to give the championship a try next season?
    The PL clubs are all back in training now, I think the deals will accelerate.  Window slams shut on 9th August,  I'll be wearing my yellow tie as Palace pick up a 22 year-old Danish centre-back.   At least Joel Ward has re-signed and the Spanish goalie is on board.   I wonder if Sky will park Range Rover in the studio for Harry to lean out of, while Kev Bond lurks in the back-ground? 
  • thetrim
    Options
    James is OUT. That will be tough to overcome.   Regarding the EPL, my sons club team has a very loose affiliation w Southhampton. it’s funny how many clubs in Florida have some affiliation w a pro club from around the world. You see it so often,that it can’t mean all that much.  It will be interesting if it gets him interested in that squad at all.  He likes the big names, but is also a fan of the Cherries of Bournemouth 
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Southampton have hit a bit of turmoil recently.  A few years ago they were held up as the best run club in all of England,  there was precision and detail in all they did.  Selling their best players to Liverpool on a regular basis had not helped them cement PL safety, to be fair. 

Bournemouth are well liked in the media. Being bankrolled by a Russian oligarch is helpful.  Until he loses his work visa, too - like Mr A' over at Chelsea. 
  • Eoin
    Options
    thetrim said:
    James is OUT. That will be tough to overcome.   Regarding the EPL, my sons club team has a very loose affiliation w Southhampton. it’s funny how many clubs in Florida have some affiliation w a pro club from around the world. You see it so often,that it can’t mean all that much.  It will be interesting if it gets him interested in that squad at all.  He likes the big names, but is also a fan of the Cherries of Bournemouth 
    Southampton now have the sacked Stoke manager Mark Hughes on board to lead them to premiership oblivion.
  • Eoin
    Options
    And obviously for tonight:

ING ER LAND
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Anyones game this.  England look unusually confident and Colombia don't have many outlets.  Really enjoying the spiky-ness, too.  
    I expect RLC to appear soon for Alli, which is not a bad thing at all.
    Might see Rashford on for Sterling if its goal-less at 70 mins.

As @Eoin said : ING ERRR LAAND
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    What a header!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• CPFC1905
    Options
    yyyeeeeessssssssss   

I am having that!
  • Eoin
    Options
    ING ER LAAAAAAAAAAND
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    You'll see the reason for Southgate's football genius in this image....

• Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    You'll see the reason for Southgate's football genius in this image....

Just to be polite, I won't flag you for that nonsense.
  • CPFC1905
    edited July 2018
    Options
     =)=)=)  
    The lad from Crawley's done good.  Not phrase you'll hear often.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Too bad that the Japanese couldn't hold on a little longer.  Belgium just had too much for them.  Onto tomorrow.

I'm looking for a Swiss and Colombian win!  Could easily be wrong on both of those!
    Yep. 

Southgate deserves a lot of credit for deliberate practice on penalties. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    I'm calling it here.  England loses to Sweden 3-1
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    At least England can celebrate a victory on the eve of their worst defeat. 
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    In to the Quarters then,  here's how the bookies have it;
    Brazil : 11/4
    France : 4/1
    England : 4/1
    Belgium : 6/1  (both the Brazil and Belgium odds are longer as they play each other next. Otherwise would be 1st and 2nd favourite - albeit they'll have to overcome France, probably, in the next round)
    Croatia : 6/1
    Uruguay : 16/1 (coincidentally, they are 3/1 to beat France - worth a punt?)
    Russia : 20/1
    Sweden : 25/1  -  and I assume @thetrim will be staking the farm on this one? 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Too soon?! :rofl:
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    When England finished second in their group and was placed on the right side of the draw, we all new they had a good chance to reach the finals.  Hope they don't waste this drawing.
    This world cup has already delivered amazing, exciting games.  The rest of this is the cherry on top.  Enjoy!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Eoin
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    July 4th passes here without comment, nobody notices. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    242 yrs is not too soon. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Eoin- If I hadn't spent time in England and enjoyed the company of a proper English lady I would almost believe that... ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Assuming a few sore heads over there,  so.....

• thetrim
    Options
    I’m ataking the two dogs Uruguay and Belgium.  One has to win.   Right?    I heard Cavani is likely out, but I didn’t hear anything this morning.  That will make it a real tough go against the frogs.   
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95