Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - OT - OT OT 2018 World Cup, Who ya got? If you even care OT - OT - OT - OT

Options

Comments

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I’m ataking the two dogs Uruguay and Belgium.  One has to win.   Right?    I heard Cavani is likely out, but I didn’t hear anything this morning.  That will make it a real tough go against the frogs.   
    It’s official, Cavani is unavailable.  Lessens their odds a bit, but I still think they’re more likely to pull the upset.  I don’t think Belgium matches up very well with Brazil, I’m not sure that game is particularly close.

It will be interesting to watch cards, I know Pogba and Coutinho both have yellows, and I think another of Brazil’s top players does as well, losing either of those guys would make the semifinals much less interesting (assuming the favorites go through).

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• CPFC1905
    CPFC1905 Posts: 1,865
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I’m ataking the two dogs Uruguay and Belgium.  One has to win.   Right?    I heard Cavani is likely out, but I didn’t hear anything this morning.  That will make it a real tough go against the frogs.   
    Yep, Cavani out and that blunts the Urge-ies, leaving bitey racist Suarez as the attacking threat.   I am feeling France, but not by much.

Brazil-Belgium has the hallmarks of a great game.  Would love 3-3 then pens. 
    I think Brazil have a more even spread of top-quality talent across the pitch,  but them Belgiquies are feeling the force.  I don't like Martinez, so am going Samba style. 
    Other girls may try to take me away 
    But you know, it's by your side I will stay
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    thetrim said:
    Yep, Cavani out and that blunts the Urge-ies, leaving bitey racist Suarez as the attacking threat.   I am feeling France, but not by much.

Brazil-Belgium has the hallmarks of a great game.  Would love 3-3 then pens. 
    I think Brazil have a more even spread of top-quality talent across the pitch,  but them Belgiquies are feeling the force.  I don't like Martinez, so am going Samba style. 
    They can double up on Suarez now, which does make it harder for Uruguay on the break. Still solid defensively though, not going to give France room to run. Maybe we can pick up some tips from France today if they can break down a tight defensive unit.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

Uruguay packs it in and plays defense hoping to take it to kicks.

I think Belgium carries the momentum over from the last game and keeps Neymar in check.

I’m taking France and Belgium.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• CPFC1905
    Options
    Start the car, Uruguay.  
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Not going without a fight,  ooooh spicey. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Yep.  Not Muslera's best day.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yeah that second goal.   Uggggg.   Let’s Go Belgium,
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Eoin
    Options
    Easier than expected for France, goalkeepers the difference between 1-1 and 2-0. 
  • Foghorn
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Yep.

Alright - post your predictions for the next game.

I'll be pulling for Belgium, but I'll predict Brazil wins 2-1.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I’ll say Brazil 3-0.  I’ll be rooting for Belgium, but Brazil’s defense is so solid, I think they’ve only conceded like 6 goals in the 2 years Tite has been head coach.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    What’s the over/under on how many minutes that Neymar guy will be on the turf crying? 
  • thetrim
    Options
    I'll say first half goes in Belgium's favor 2-0.  Not sure about the 2nd half.  Give me about 60 minutes and I'll post something!
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I'll say first half goes in Belgium's favor 2-0.  Not sure about the 2nd half.  Give me about 60 minutes and I'll post something!
    Strong work @thetrim.  

That counterattack goal was a thing of beauty.

San Antonio, TX

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Beautiful goal.  We got a game again!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Foghorn
    Options
    Yep.

Belgium looking tired.  Sub for fresh legs warranted - maybe a little late.

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    Nice work by the Belgians!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    I would've loved to see 30 more minutes of that!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    thetrim said:
    I would've loved to see 30 more minutes of that!
    Agreed.  although I don't think anybody from Belgium would agree with you.  Likely would not have ended up well for Belgium if they played much longer.

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    TRUE! your team is up, you want it to end as soon as possible.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Foghorn
    Options
    And now I'll go back to my pre-tournament statement that the easiest money for a gambler was to take the field against Brazil. 

I have to admit that before this game I was thinking I may have been wrong.

Turns out I was wrong about being wrong.

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    Options
    Don't forget to play Mega Millions today.
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Options
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPFC1905
    Options
    Well done to our chocolate and mussel loving friends.  The second goal had Premier League stamped all over it, De Bruyne has done that so many times.  Well done to big Rom' for setting it up.
    If they beat France next then frankly the can have the Cup - beaten the best two other teams in the tournament.  

Brazil have themselves to blame.  When your best player takes the cash to play bang average football for the season before the WC, no surprise he's not up to it.    When Brazil are playing for penalties you know its gone wrong.  What would Zico and Socrates say?  (The latter probably something very meaningful and germane.)

Today's games;
    Eng v Sweden.  England need invention from midfield to generate more chances. I feel that RLC offers more than Alli.  think corners and free-kicks will come along, but they need finishing. I genuinely hope Sterling unlocks the defence or just deflects one in off his shin.  Sweden scoring early will really test England.  We are all still scarred from Iceland two years ago.
    Heart says England, head says very tight game. 

Croati v Russia.  Toss a coin.  Should be Croatia, I could well be too drunk to care by then.  

• Eoin
    Options
    Missed last night's game due to a sickness bug helpfully passed on to my by one of my sons. Still feeling rough, hope to get cheered up by the England game.
  • Eoin
    Options
    CPFC1905 said:
    Well done to our chocolate and mussel loving friends.  The second goal had Premier League stamped all over it, De Bruyne has done that so many times.  Well done to big Rom' for setting it up.
    If they beat France next then frankly the can have the Cup - beaten the best two other teams in the tournament.  

Brazil have themselves to blame.  When your best player takes the cash to play bang average football for the season before the WC, no surprise he's not up to it.    When Brazil are playing for penalties you know its gone wrong.  What would Zico and Socrates say?  (The latter probably something very meaningful and germane.)

Today's games;
    Eng v Sweden.  England need invention from midfield to generate more chances. I feel that RLC offers more than Alli.  think corners and free-kicks will come along, but they need finishing. I genuinely hope Sterling unlocks the defence or just deflects one in off his shin.  Sweden scoring early will really test England.  We are all still scarred from Iceland two years ago.
    Heart says England, head says very tight game. 

Croati v Russia.  Toss a coin.  Should be Croatia, I could well be too drunk to care by then.  

RLC seems to have a bit more presence than Alli, I'd go for him too.
  • Eoin
    Options
    The fans' 11 on the BBC has RLC in for Alli and Rashford for Sterling. Rose for Young as well - neither of these has looked convincing, probably out weakest position.