Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rockwood Online Ordering

Options

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Mine is on its way. Cool note on shipping notification asking for feedback.  

• johnkitchens
    Options

Charge your battery. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

Charge your battery. 
    I had to wait for Amy.  Charging now. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options

You're in the future.  Clock says 9:28, post time stamp says 7:29.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac stop living in the past
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Got the shipping e-mail notice this evening.  Of the two major shipping options to be had it's the five letter one as opposed to the three letter company.  Oh well, never could train the local driver regarding where to leave any delivery.  Much better luck with the three letter driver over the years. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    Five letter?

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

Charge your battery. 
    That would stress me out
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Five letter?
    DHL
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Hey @stlcharcoal, how about the Ace stores here in Oregon? Huh?
    Thanks.

John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Just got my delivery notice, 60lbs will be here tomorrow!
    (and I'm happy with the 5 letter delivery service :))
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Five letter?
    DHL
    Chevy
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    stompbox said:
    Five letter?
    DHL
    Chevy
    Dodge
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Ordered mine last night around 5ish, received notification that it was shipping today with an estimated delivery of Thursday of this week.  These guys have it going on!!  Nice work.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    Hey @stlcharcoal, how about the Ace stores here in Oregon? Huh?
    Thanks.

Yes, any Ace in Oregon.  Just ask them to order SKU 8400772.  As early as Thursday, you should be able to order online at acehardware.com for free in-store pickup.  But for now, they just have to order it for you.
  • stlcharcoal
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ordered mine last night around 5ish, received notification that it was shipping today with an estimated delivery of Thursday of this week.  These guys have it going on!!  Nice work.

Man I have to confess, I was cussing when that order came in.  Worked Sunday afternoon and all Monday getting these ready to roll.  Everything was in the truck,  and then the "cha-ching" sound comes from the Shopify app.  Never thought I would complain to hear that sound!  But then another one came in after yours was boxed, so you're off the hook as the last guy!  Looking back is was dumb, but man I was beat up.  Glad to get back to desk job today.

That's yours by itself on the bottom right.

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options

Man I have to confess, I was cussing when that order came in.  Worked Sunday afternoon and all Monday getting these ready to roll.  Everything was in the truck,  and then the "cha-ching" sound comes from the Shopify app.  Never thought I would complain to hear that sound!  But then another one came in after yours was boxed, so you're off the hook as the last guy!  Looking back is was dumb, but man I was beat up.  Glad to get back to desk job today.

That's yours by itself on the bottom right.

Thanks for the extra effort.  Good to know I am off the hook.  :)  For what it's worth, it woulda been no real big deal if my shipment didn't arrive lickety split.  I am sure others probably feel the same way.  Looking forward to trying Rockwood for the first time.  Good work and good luck.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @stlcharcoal
    How many bags of Rockwood do you sell monthly?  Or do you not discuss these types of numbers?  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    @stlcharcoal
    Thanks for the "birds eye" view and rundown on operations.  I like behind the scenes stuff like this.  I won't make any flux capacitor comments or anything like that.  I am sure you have heard them all.  Does the DeLorean have the latch system for kids car seats?  :-)

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Ordered mine yesterday and received notice that it has shipped and will deliver Thursday.  Can't wait to try this lump.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • fairchase
    Options
    My 6 bags arrived today. Boxes were torn around the hand holds ,but all the bags looked good. I haven’t opened a bag yet but there was no dust in the box.
    so 1st impression is every thing looks good.
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    fairchase said:
    My 6 bags arrived today. Boxes were torn around the hand holds ,but all the bags looked good. I haven’t opened a bag yet but there was no dust in the box.
    so 1st impression is every thing looks good.

Good to hear.  Had about 6 boxes delivered today.  Tomorrow will be the judgement day.....have about 50 boxes getting delivered.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @stlcharcoal - I am surprised the discount demand wasn't much higher.  I don't visit other Q forums but given your product quality and consistency I would have expected more.  That said, I truly appreciate making the effort to fill the Firecraft void and take care of those of us who would likely end up wandering in the lump charcoal wilderness.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stlcharcoal
    edited November 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @stlcharcoal - I am surprised the discount demand wasn't much higher.  I don't visit other Q forums but given your product quality and consistency I would have expected more.  That said, I truly appreciate making the effort to fill the Firecraft void and take care of those of us who would likely end up wandering in the lump charcoal wilderness.

Got even more delivering on Thursday and Friday.  Tomorrow is just the first day for a bunch of them.....should be a good indication of how the rest will look.

I was pretty surprised with the numbers.....lot more than I thought.  It didn't get posted on any other forum.  This is the only one I hang out on.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    Mine will be here tomorrow! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    STL Business Journal did the article on the company--they wanted it for the picture  ( http://bizj.us/1p9dka ).  
    interesting life. :) that was a lot of school in a short time.  do you ever sleep?  
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    My order for 6 went in today
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.