Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp IV (4, four, IIII) is October 21st, 2017 at Warren's Corner (full circle)

Options

Comments

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If there's a stuffed midget pony, I'm definitely in. I'll bring the rib protection and a pair of suspenders. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Nola, if Warrens don't have a problem with it, I'm bringing the big deep fryer this year. 
    Anything goes this year.  We're trying to get that donkey act from Clerks.   Bring it!
    Image result for clerks donkey show
    Options
    I'll be there, hosers!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Just booked a VRBO on the point. 

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I usually sleep in my truck... Wherever it lands
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    henapple said:
    I usually sleep in my truck... Wherever it lands
    How have you been Unc? 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    This will be our busiest weekend with the kids at home. My wife knows I will be in NOLA and has accepted I won't be around to help taxi the kids around. I'll be there.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We need to get @hapster and @travisstrick off their backsides and at the fest....
    Options
    We need to get @hapster and @travisstrick off their backsides and at the fest....
    They made the last one. 
    Hap kicking a$$. 

Strick kicking a$$. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    SGH said:
    They made the last one. 
    Hap kicking a$$. 

Strick kicking a$$. 

Those scrapple egg sammiches @hapster griddled up kicked a$$ for sure. And @travisstrick sure knows how to carve a brisket, even if it wasn't boiled.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    I have a pic of Nola kicking a$$ if y'all would like to see it =)

Status- Standing by.

• DMW
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have a pic of Nola kicking a$$ if y'all would like to see it =)
    Was it his own a$$? Yes, please.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2017
    Options
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    They made the last one. 
    Hap kicking a$$. 

Strick kicking a$$. 

Those scrapple egg sammiches @hapster griddled up kicked a$$ for sure. And @travisstrick sure knows how to carve a brisket, even if it wasn't boiled.
    Let's be honest here, all Hap did was throw the scrapple on the griddle. That ain't his arm holding the spatula.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options

for this price do they land, or just throw you out as you pass over?  wish i knew my schedule in October...

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    Options
    CTMike said:
    DMW said:
    SGH said:
    They made the last one. 
    Hap kicking a$$. 

Strick kicking a$$. 

Let's be honest here, all Hap did was throw the scrapple on the griddle. That ain't his arm holding the spatula.
    There just may be some truth in that brother Mike =)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Brother Mike kicking a$$. Brother Moose in the background thinking about kicking everyone's a$$ ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    blind99 said:

for this price do they land, or just throw you out as you pass over?  wish i knew my schedule in October...

@blind99, they do land. But at the time you book you have to declare how many bags you will be checking and how many you will carry on. A checked bag is $30, a bag you put in an overhead bin is $35.  A bag under the seat is free. At least that's how it worked when I booked a flight for my daughter a few months ago.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• SandyHookEgger
    Options
    Need an excuse to go to New Orleans. What does the average participant bring/do? Any money needed for the reservation of the space?
     Hotels close?
  • SGH
    Options
     What does the average participant bring/do?

Drink, eat, cook, all the above or just hang out. I always bring something anus/ball related to break the ice. Nothing pleases a crowd like anus and balls. 

Any money needed for the reservation of the space?

Contributions are not mandatory, but they are certainly most appreciated. 

Hotels close?

Just a hop, skip and a jump away.  

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Need an excuse to go to New Orleans. What does the average participant bring/do? Any money needed for the reservation of the space?
     Hotels close?
    Either a B&B or VRBO on the point. The ferry is a couple bucks(cash only) to and from the qtr, but Algiers is really cool hood. 
  • blind99
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

@blind99, they do land. But at the time you book you have to declare how many bags you will be checking and how many you will carry on. A checked bag is $30, a bag you put in an overhead bin is $35.  A bag under the seat is free. At least that's how it worked when I booked a flight for my daughter a few months ago.
    @foghorn That's all good. I hear the only needed supplies for brisket camp are a clean pair of undies and even those are optional. 
  • Foghorn
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

@foghorn That's all good. I hear the only needed supplies for brisket camp are a clean pair of undies and even those are optional. 
    Are you not going to San Diego for ACS?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

American Claustrophobics Society. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

American Claustrophobics Society. 
    Yep. We all get together in a little room.

Im guessing you know which ACS I'm referring to. You should join if you haven't already. I'll see some of your specialty colleagues there. 

San Antonio, TX

• blind99
    Options
    @foghorn I don't think they're doing the course I helped with last year, unfortunately.  who knows, maybe @bgebrent and i will do an impromptu "BBQ comparative anatomy" workshop complete with hands-on components... revascularization of the acute ischemic leg of lamb

• Foghorn
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @foghorn I don't think they're doing the course I helped with last year, unfortunately.  who knows, maybe @bgebrent and i will do an impromptu "BBQ comparative anatomy" workshop complete with hands-on components... revascularization of the acute ischemic leg of lamb

You guys are killing me. I have at least 8 hours of meetings that day. But my son will probably drop by. He knows Nola, 20stone and Centex and a few others and he's good help around meat and fire. 

San Antonio, TX

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:

You guys are killing me. I have at least 8 hours of meetings that day. But my son will probably drop by. He knows Nola, 20stone and Centex and a few others and he's good help around meat and fire. 
    Foggy, I think Sandy and I are going to do Brisket Camp then Houston and San Antonio for a few days. Maybe we will see you there
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    Options
    Looks like a dedicated anus cooker to me ;)

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    We have an assload of cooking accoutrements.   No need to bring any of that.

I just got another tool today...

Venturi and all.  Crawfish beware!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga