Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Camp IV (4, four, IIII) is October 21st, 2017 at Warren's Corner (full circle)

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Actually the venturi is still connected to the regulator tubing that's sitting in my truck.  But, anyway, yes, it goes in the lonely hole in front....

...  THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! 
    piney said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:
    @foghorn I don't think they're doing the course I helped with last year, unfortunately.  who knows, maybe @bgebrent and i will do an impromptu "BBQ comparative anatomy" workshop complete with hands-on components... revascularization of the acute ischemic leg of lamb

You guys are killing me. I have at least 8 hours of meetings that day. But my son will probably drop by. He knows Nola, 20stone and Centex and a few others and he's good help around meat and fire. 
    Foggy, I think Sandy and I are going to do Brisket Camp then Houston and San Antonio for a few days. Maybe we will see you there
    @piney, it would be great to see you if our schedules align. Unfortunately, I'll be in San Diego until the 26th or 27th and don't yet know my work schedule after that. What days will you be in San Antonio?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Foghorn said:
    piney said:
    Foghorn said:
    blind99 said:
    @foghorn I don't think they're doing the course I helped with last year, unfortunately.  who knows, maybe @bgebrent and i will do an impromptu "BBQ comparative anatomy" workshop complete with hands-on components... revascularization of the acute ischemic leg of lamb

You guys are killing me. I have at least 8 hours of meetings that day. But my son will probably drop by. He knows Nola, 20stone and Centex and a few others and he's good help around meat and fire. 
    Foggy, I think Sandy and I are going to do Brisket Camp then Houston and San Antonio for a few days. Maybe we will see you there
    @piney, it would be great to see you if our schedules align. Unfortunately, I'll be in San Diego until the 26th or 27th and don't yet know my work schedule after that. What days will you be in San Antonio?
    I will leave NOLA on Monday drive to Houston probably stay overnight then on towards San Antonio for Wed 25/Thur 26. Nothing is set in stone, just traveling as we see fit.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,972
    That's a beautiful burner! That would be great for boiled brisket. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,009
    If @travisstrick shows up he can hold a masterclass in brisket boiling.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Foghorn said:
    Bingo.  That's why I bought it.  It's a brisket boiler.
    Foghorn said:
    Bingo.  That's why I bought it.  It's a brisket boiler.
    You sly devil.

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Maybe we can raid some crab traps on the booze cruise and boil 'em up at the event.

(I kid.  I kid.)

However, boiling some Louisiana seafood might be a good idea.  I doubt I can get any crawfish in October, but I know we can get shrimp and crab.
    @SGH.... Doing well anus. You'd better be there. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    henapple said:
    @SGH.... Doing well anus. You'd better be there. 
    I have every intention of being there. If Party Monster is still well he will be there too. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Foghorn
    Maybe we can raid some crab traps on the booze cruise and boil 'em up at the event.

(I kid.  I kid.)

However, boiling some Louisiana seafood might be a good idea.  I doubt I can get any crawfish in October, but I know we can get shrimp and crab.
    Just don't get my son thrown in jail.  That's all I ask.

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    Foghorn said:

(I kid.  I kid.)

Just don't get my son thrown in jail.  That's all I ask.
    I'll do my best on my part, however, he's an adult and I can't be held responsible for any of his decisions outside my sphere of influence.  That said, our brisket camp lawyers are very good and take all major credit cards... ;)
    Do you think your lead Brisket Camp attorney can make more vegan chili?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    @Foghorn... He's going to a party where a guy broke his ribs and pants himself. Jail is the least of your worries. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    I think Brisket Camp IV is a good name. An Evan Williams drip...
  • Foghorn
    henapple said:
    @Foghorn... He's going to a party where a guy broke his ribs and pants himself. Jail is the least of your worries. 
    I hear you @henapple.  But broken ribs will heal just fine.  A criminal record and (more importantly) having you clowns listed as "known associates" for the rest of his life could have permanent implications.

Plus, I'm not sure I want him represented by an attorney that is known for the oxymoronic dish that is called "vegan chili".

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nichole and I are all in.  Always wanted to learn how to cook brisket. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,486
    @bgebrent - as you are aware, the ultimate "how to" with brisket is contained here: Brisket..... How I do it.  There is no doubt you will acquire tremendous knowledge at Brisket Camp.  There may be room for debate about the value...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    lousubcap said:
    @bgebrent - as you are aware, the ultimate "how to" with brisket is contained here: Brisket..... How I do it.  There is no doubt you will acquire tremendous knowledge at Brisket Camp.  There may be room for debate about the value...
    Cap, best brisket ever was this past weekend with an SRF black.  Wowed the Texas crew. Nuff said. Appreciate your guidance brother. 
  • bgebrent
    Staying at Zora B & B on the point.  Carrie told me Bridgette didn't allow petting zoo curators through the front door. Alas...
  • SGH
    To everyone that is going to attend, please bring your own anus. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    If you bring yours, victory will be claimed. 
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    I never leave home without it ;)

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    SGH said:
    I never leave home without it ;)
    See you at BC brother. 
  • SGH
    bgebrent said:
    See you at BC brother. 
    Looking forward to it my friend.  

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    baby-bump
    edited July 2017
    baby-bump

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    baby-bump

Status- Standing by.

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Giggity 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    !4 more Sundays before Brisket Camp hits on a Saturday!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95