Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket Camp IV (4, four, IIII) is October 21st, 2017 at Warren's Corner (full circle)

Details will follow, but the venue is reserved.  Probably only 1 band this year, but we have 4000 watts of amplification.

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,703

• TN_Sister_StateTN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    One day, one year I will participate in this.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,217
    That's the place on the corner right across from the river?  Think piney and I had a beer there at BCII.  Would love to make it back. Really had a good time last time. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    It's a win-win.  New Orleans is pure fun.  And there will be BBQ, good food, great company and excellent music. 

Most significant others will find this trip pretty palatable.   The venue is right on the Mississippi, you can walk out the door and up the levy and see the French Quarter. And there's a ferry that's about 300 yards away that goes from the quarter to the Point.

That's the place on the corner right across from the river?  Think piney and I had a beer there at BCII.  Would love to make it back. Really had a good time last time. 
    Image result for Warrens corner algiers point

Shot is from Warren's Corner.

Image result for Warrens corner algiers point

Just bring plenty of dollar bills......

for the ferry, you pervs. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    Last time we got invaded by drunks from the old point bar.  I was kind of mad at first, but then didn't care.  The more the merrier.

That's the place we went. Not the corner. That was a good place for a beer too. The whole point is cool for a NGA redneck. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,987
    The wifey has now experienced two weekends with eggheads at Brent's. It may be time to indoctrinate her into all that is Brisket Camp. 
    The wifey has now experienced two weekends with eggheads at Brent's. It may be time to indoctrinate her into all that is Brisket Camp. 
    If you and M go, I may have to force the issue. Amy went with me a couple of years ago and had a good time. @piney and sandy kept her entertained. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • So jealous

Little Rock, AR

She will totally love it.  And everyone there early is invited to the booze cruise on Hudson's trawler.  We've done it two years....to a bar on the lake on Thursday.  Book early.  And everyone is invited to our crib.  We are about 10 blocks from the venue.

Piney should be here.  I'll let him confirm that.

So jealous
    Get yo assnin the car and come on down. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • So jealous
    Worst month of the year for me unfortunately. Need to move it up some day to september and I'd be all over it. 

Little Rock, AR

So jealous
    Worst month of the year for me unfortunately. Need to move it up some day to september and I'd be all over it. 
    Reschedule the worst month of the year for Sept and open up Oct!

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,505
    I'll show up, stumble around, maybe cook some stuff, crash in a gutter.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    DMW said:
    Stand watch, keep the place from burning down, hold the lamb in my lap. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
    DMW said:
    I have the hammock that dumps you on the ground when you are drunk....

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,505
    DMW said:
    I have the hammock that dumps you on the ground when you are drunk....
    I was promised a cot, damnit.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
    edited June 2017
    DMW said:
    I think Dwayne stopped the fire that started from Scott's drum smoker a couple years ago.  That could have gone sideways quick.

Just waiting for Scottie to mention "Anus" and claim it was the first time in this thread.

• SGHSGH Posts: 24,098
    I want credit for being the first person to mention anus on this thread. 
    Anus. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    @SGH - refresh the page, MF-er

You gonna make BC?

You gonna make BC?
    Looks real good right now. With Trump in office, the money is really piling up. Should have no problem making it. 

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
    SGH said:
    You gonna make BC?
    Looks real good right now. With Trump in office, the money is really piling up. Should have no problem making it. 
    From previous experience, that's a resounding no.
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,677
    After attending BCIII last year, I am so bummed I can't make it this year. Have an outage at work which means I'll be working 72 hour weeks and vacation is not allowed. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
    DMW said:
    I think Dwayne stopped the fire that started from Scott's drum smoker a couple years ago.  That could have gone sideways quick.

Just waiting for Scottie to mention "Anus" and claim it was the first time in this thread.
    You edited that to get one up ;)

Status- Standing by.

SGH said:
    You gonna make BC?
    Piling up like an Alaskan Hot Pocket, I'm certain.

SGH said:
    You gonna make BC?
    I have made 2 of 3. 

Status- Standing by.

SGH said:
    SGH said:
    You gonna make BC?
    I have made 2 of 3. 
    Just my bad luck I guess. 
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck.