Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: A Bunch of New Members

Options
13»

Comments

• ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    @ToTheMax bacon wrapped pineapple?!?  Soak those in rum and drizzle with some chocolate over some ice cream and you've got yourself a meal there. 

We grill pineapple and oeaches a lot a lot but I've never thought of doing bacon with them. 
    I actually found that idea on this forum. I forgot which member did it, but his looked a hell of a lot better than mine.

The rum sounds like a good addition...
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • ToTheMax
    edited January 2017
    Options
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1185463/bacon-donuts-not-what-you-think

Found it. Though I modified the recipe somewhat.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I tried those bacon donuts and failed miserably. Wrapping the pineapple rings was damn near impossible.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    I tried those bacon donuts and failed miserably. Wrapping the pineapple rings was damn near impossible.
    Yeah I would totally screw that up. I'd be better off just wrapping bacon around a cooked doughnut and trying that. (Wait! I may be on to something here)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @ToTheMax bacon wrapped pineapple?!?  Soak those in rum and drizzle with some chocolate over some ice cream and you've got yourself a meal there. 

We grill pineapple and oeaches a lot a lot but I've never thought of doing bacon with them. 
    Wrap dried pineapple bites with bacon, about twenty minutes indirect 350-375 Then glaze with two parts honey, 1 part bourbon and 1 part schriacha (however you spell it) go another 10 minutes. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options

Wrap dried pineapple bites with bacon, about twenty minutes indirect 350-375 Then glaze with two parts honey, 1 part bourbon and 1 part schriacha (however you spell it) go another 10 minutes. 
    When I make anything wrapped in Bacon, I use Jason's glaze. I call it Jason Juice.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    Hey @ToTheMax, sorry the curiosity is killing me, are you Max of turkey fame by any chance  ;)
    canuckland
  • ToTheMax
    Options
    Hey @ToTheMax, sorry the curiosity is killing me, are you Max of turkey fame by any chance  ;)
    I am not.

I've seen him post, I think his account is something like "Mad Max Beyond Eggdome" or... something.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    @tothemax thanks for clearing that up!
    canuckland
  • spray
    spray Posts: 57
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    <--- neither 1 or 2

Just a long time lurker, finally decided to join.
    Guilty as charged.  Finally decided to join in a couple months ago.  Probably could be classified as a miscreant - so what?
    Large BGE and MiniMax in St. Petersburg, FL
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    spray said:
    ToTheMax said:
    <--- neither 1 or 2

Guilty as charged.  Finally decided to join in a couple months ago.  Probably could be classified as a miscreant - so what?

@spray, being a miscreant just means you meet the basic entry criteria for this place.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    spray said:
    ToTheMax said:
    <--- neither 1 or 2

@spray, being a miscreant just means you meet the basic entry criteria for this place.
    Actually, that is well above the standard for entry in this forum.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:

When I make anything wrapped in Bacon, I use Jason's glaze. I call it Jason Juice.
    Can't put my finger on it but something about Jason Juice don't sound right.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ToTheMax
    Options
    I wouldn't put my finger on it either...
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    ToTheMax said:

I definitely wouldn't put it on my food.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• YukonRon
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    ToTheMax said:

Ergo, the statement regarding qualifications of becoming a member of the BGE forum. 
    Better known as the "Sons of Debauchery."

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Markarm4119
    Options
    I was just searching for PAAS  Easter egg colors and wound up here, but I am ashamed to say, you people add amusement to my otherwise humdrum life !
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    spray said:
    ToTheMax said:
    <--- neither 1 or 2

Actually, that is well above the standard for entry in this forum.
    For those who are new here and wish to experience the forums miscreants at their finest, you might peruse this thread.  Takes a page or two for folks to get wound up, but, well, it belies explanation:
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1179202/devastated#latest

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    ToTheMax said:

Ergo, the statement regarding qualifications of becoming a member of the BGE forum. 
    Now Mr Ron.....that sure doesn't sound like a woman friendly requirement. Then again, perhaps a girl should avoid this debauchery you speak of.
    Living life to the fullest in Savannah Georgia
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    ToTheMax said:

Now Mr Ron.....that sure doesn't sound like a woman friendly requirement. Then again, perhaps a girl should avoid this debauchery you speak of.
    The forum is extremely woman friendly, however there are a few miscreants, myself included, which like to have a bit of fun while inebriated, nothing shameful, just get a tad out of control at get togethers, and the legendary Friday Night Political, Lump, KAB, Fat up or down, Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs Toyota, etc., discussions.
    No harm intended by anyone, none taken by anyone.
    These guys are all gentlemen, and the ladies who post regularly, (whose insight I value greatly, because I stole everyone of those posts, to make myself a better cook, therefore more valuable to My Beautiful Wife) are cherished and respected members of the forum, for both wit and wisdom.
    We could easily change the name to Sons and Daughters of Debauchry but really worry about offending the classiest part of the forum, which we always hope we never do.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    ToTheMax said:

The forum is extremely woman friendly, however there are a few miscreants, myself included, which like to have a bit of fun while inebriated, nothing shameful, just get a tad out of control at get togethers, and the legendary Friday Night Political, Lump, KAB, Fat up or down, Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge vs Toyota, etc., discussions.
    These guys are all gentlemen, and the ladies who post regularly, (whose insight I value greatly, because I stole everyone of those posts, to make myself a better cook, therefore more valuable to My Beautiful Wife) are cherished and respected members of the forum, for both wit and wisdom.
    We could easily change the name to Sons and Daughters of Debauchry but really worry about offending the classiest part of the forum, which we always hope we never do.
    You are too funny. I look forward to debauchery and are not offended in the least. Plus, I'm a Ford girl myself. No need for a name change on my account.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    @YukonRon -  the above reminded me of a gesture I have seen and used on a few occasions:  During the course of a conversation, someone will raise their arm above their head and state, "Save your watch, it's getting too deep to save anything else." ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @YukonRon -  the above reminded me of a gesture I have seen and used on a few occasions:  During the course of a conversation, someone will raise their arm above their head and state, "Save your watch, it's getting too deep to save anything else." ;)
    I got enough folks mad at me for dozens of things. I am trying my best to limit that pile of train wreck, dumpster fire to a minimum. At the end of the day if I can make it better for those who are not fond of me, I call it a win, temporary, but still a win. Success in life is measured much differently depending on which side of the ballistics you are facing, I suppose.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    YukonRon said:
    Foghorn said:
    ToTheMax said:

You are too funny. I look forward to debauchery and are not offended in the least. Plus, I'm a Ford girl myself. No need for a name change on my account.
    @northGAcock How did this happen? 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Is it my thwarted imagination or is there all of a sudden a huge influx of new members?
    They come here for the anus =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    SGH said:
    Is it my thwarted imagination or is there all of a sudden a huge influx of new members?
    @SGH Do you really have an acquired taste for anus, or was it the bull **** that @JohnInCarolina has been spreading?
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    SGH said:
    @SGH Do you really have an acquired taste for anus, or was it the bull **** that @JohnInCarolina has been spreading?
    Scottie gets a big kick out of putting his balls in other people's mouths.  True story!  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    MaC122 said:
    SGH said:
    Scottie gets a big kick out of putting his balls in other people's mouths.  True story!  
    Tellem brother in Carolina  :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Dam#. I was just stirring up some nonsense on a bourbon infused snow day. 

This thing really took on a life life if it's own. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN