Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: A Bunch of New Members

Options
Killit_and_Grillit
Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
edited January 2017 in Off Topic
Is it my thwarted imagination or is there all of a sudden a huge influx of new members?

Theory 1: A bunch of people got Eggs over the holidays and are now back at work and found us while trolling through the Internet.

Theory 2:  We are being infiltrated by Kamado Joe and his band of miscreants.

Edit: Yes, yes...@doubleegger where are my manners. Welcome!!!!!!! (unless you have a mild case of sleep insomnia, then may God have mercy on your soul.)

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @Foghorn that's how they get ya. It's the perfect camouflage. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    @Foghorn that's how they get ya. It's the perfect camouflage. 
    Of course.  That's why I can't pick them out. 

Are you one of them?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options

South of Nashville, TN

• Foghorn
    Options
    That's the exact disguise a KJ miscreant would use.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Influx of troll accounts. 

Does that mean at 725 posts mean one is a veteran? 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @tarheelmatt By no means does that constitute veteran status! My brisket is dry and has a poor smoke ring just like everyone else under 2k posts  ;)=) I'm like the mouthy little sophomore the first day the freshman show up.

No, I just noticed it seemed like just the past two days all of a sudden there were like 10 or so posts of brand new members. Seemed abnormal.

South of Nashville, TN

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options

Ouch @tarheelmatt.  Feeling all 7k and veteran-y today?
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Mouthy little sophomore - that's funny.
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Legume said:

Nope, I'm wanting to know for my troll accounts!  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Legume said:

Btw, that should be more. Apparently people find it funny to post derogatory memes and such that lead to the Buffalo.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Welcome all!  We are a welcoming bunch and miscreants are welcome as long as they behave themselves and follow the rules.
    Flint, Michigan
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Welcome all!  We are a welcoming bunch and miscreants are welcome as long as they behave themselves and follow the rules.
    Rules? Um, ok. I need to do much better research.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @YukonRon I think the rule book is a lot like the Da Vinci  code. But no matter what clues you follow you always end up on page 14 of Travis' brisket thread with more questions than answers. 

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @YukonRon I think the rule book is a lot like the Da Vinci  code. But no matter what clues you follow you always end up on page 14 of Travis' brisket thread with more questions than answers. 
    The path remains the path, it is how we decide to travel.......

Concur. This is how I do it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Oh .... there are some that follow the rules?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Foghorn
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @Eoin, who is your football team?

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    @Eoin, who is your football team?
    Stoke City, assuming you mean soccer. Are you also in UK?
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Not in UK, but a big fan.  At least for the last 10 years or so. 

As I recall when I first started following Stoke they had Peter Crouch and Jermaine Defoe as their forwards.  I liked the contrast.

But I have to admit that as an American I'm more familiar with the bigger clubs - which almost forces one to be a fan of them.

San Antonio, TX

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Foghorn said:

As I recall when I first started following Stoke they had Peter Crouch and Jermaine Defoe as their forwards.  I liked the contrast.

But I have to admit that as an American I'm more familiar with the bigger clubs - which almost forces one to be a fan of them.
    Stoke fan in the US? Rare beast. My boys all support 'big' clubs, much to my disgust, not that I live near Stoke any more. Crouch back in the starting line up these past few games, I like him, I have his beanpole build but with less athleticism!
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Eoin said:
    Foghorn said:

Stoke fan in the US? Rare beast. My boys all support 'big' clubs, much to my disgust, not that I live near Stoke any more. Crouch back in the starting line up these past few games, I like him, I have his beanpole build but with less athleticism!
    So do I. 

I've always thought that he is best used as an assist man on high balls that he can head down to onrushing teammates - particularly when positioned at either the far or near post (then heading to the opposite post).  Defenders always collapse to where the ball is going to land.  Using him this way with Rory Delap's long throws could have lead to significantly more goals in that era. 

Calling me a Stoke "fan" is probably too strong. I just happen to know about them and like them well enough. 

San Antonio, TX

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Snowbirds have nothing better to do than create Troll Accounts. 
    https://youtu.be/zGxwbhkDjZM
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I was also thinking that with the holidays there may have been no approvals of new members for a couple of weeks, and then a whole bunch got approved this week.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    <--- neither 1 or 2

Just a long time lurker, finally decided to join.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    ToTheMax said:
    <--- neither 1 or 2

Just a long time lurker, finally decided to join.
    Well where's the pictures hot shot? :lol:
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Options
    Welcome aboard @ToTheMax

San Antonio, TX

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    The only rule worth following is: Pictures or it didn't happen.  

And welcome to to all of the new members regardless of where, why, when or anything else. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.