Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brisket..... How I do it.

Comments

• fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 25,667
    so if i want to boil three briskets at one time should i stack them or place them on their side laying along the bottom in my travisbrisketbox =) my fist post on this thread, im in =)

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Nole_Fan said:
    Completely off topic, but where do you live @travisstrick ?
    I'm currently in harker heights, tx. 

Im from gulf breeze fl. (Next to Pensacola)
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 32,827
    Nole_Fan said:

Are you a Libra?  I'm a Libra.

Just fkn with ya, ted.

• GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,307
    I think some of you have more post in one thread than I have total...bump...
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Nole_FanNole_Fan Posts: 54
    Nole_Fan said:

Thought I read on here you were from around South GA, my mistake.
    LBGE
    Thomasville, GA
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Posts: 854
    Nole_Fan said:

Family friends used to own Texas Boat world.. worked there as a kid as my first job..

Sorry you have to live in HH... ;) Havent been back to the area in 14-15 years..
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

omfg

• SGHSGH Posts: 26,803

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 
  • JethroVA said:
    Wait... Travis cooks brisket?
    Not very well.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Living large in the 919
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,403
    JethroVA said:
    Wait... Travis cooks brisket?
    Not very well.
    He has won major awards!
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 25,667
    SGH said:
    gotta love cliffnotes but then again your missing out if you didnt read all the pages :o
  • Swear I was just thinking about this thread yesterday.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• I just read all 16 pages of this thread.   I pray to the brisket gods that in a few months there will be at least 16 more to read.  

--Because I'm like ice, buddy. When I don't like you, you've got problems.

KJ Classic
    28" Blackstone
    South Carolina native, adopted Texan, residing in Olive Branch, MS.  Go Tigers.
  • I just read all 16 pages of this thread.   I pray to the brisket gods that in a few months there will be at least 16 more to read.  

The thread no longer moves with that velocity. It's more of a slow consistency that keeps this baby alive. That and the fact that the old school here know that this brisket really IS the best on the planet. 
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, BlueStar 60" Range
  • A note - I'm not "oldschool" to be truly old school you need your joined on date to simply be -   that means your were kidnapped into this software by the infamous forum takeover of yore.
    XL & Small Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, Pitmaker Vault, Blackstone Griddle, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, BlueStar 60" Range
  • WardsterWardster Posts: 1,006
    A note - I'm not "oldschool" to be truly old school you need your joined on date to simply be -   that means your were kidnapped into this software by the infamous forum takeover of yore.

Ha.  I saw that once and just thought it was a glitch in the site
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • I only view and comment to keep it ahead of @Ozzie_Isaac
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
  • feef706feef706 Posts: 852
    A classic, took me part of last night and an hour today to read from where I last left off. Gonna try this when I pick up another brisket.
  • Please don't. 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. My wings either. 
    Please don't. 
     :o  :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Just a man with a Muhle. 
    She may be on to something here.  

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 
    Is this really what it is cracked up  to???
    I think that it's a conspiracy myself. But I could be wrong =)

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 19,726
    I wouldn't do brisket any other way!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • msloanmsloan Posts: 397
    so even if I dont have anything to offer it's OK if I comment in this thread to help keep it going?????
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 8,047
    A note - I'm not "oldschool" to be truly old school you need your joined on date to simply be -   that means your were kidnapped into this software by the infamous forum takeover of yore.

Hmmm....didn't know that. Guess I'm old school.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

msloan said:
    so even if I dont have anything to offer it's OK if I comment in this thread to help keep it going?????
    Yes sir, that's the general idea. 

Status- Standing by.

Just a man with a Muhle. 
    Infernal mother of Thor, how is this thread not buffaloed?  Maybe the secret to everlasting (thread) life is to boil food.  Although I must admit that seems the antipode to kamado cooking....

• blind99blind99 Posts: 4,625
    Infernal mother of Thor, how is this thread not buffaloed?  Maybe the secret to everlasting (thread) life is to boil food.  Although I must admit that seems the antipode to kamado cooking....

hope to save someone a bit of googling:

an·ti·pode
    ˈan(t)əˌpōd/
    noun
    noun: antipode
    1. the direct opposite of something else.
      "the pole and its antipode"

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle