Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket..... How I do it.

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    NDG said:
    I remember doing this recipe early on when I just got my BGE.  It was so so weird.
    Same for me.  I remember thinking well this is a bit strange but this thread is really popular so there must be something to it!   Meanwhile I had not read past the first page 😂
    Havent bought Allegro or Shiner Bock since . . . 
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    edited January 2023
    Options
    NDG said:
    NDG said:
    I remember doing this recipe early on when I just got my BGE.  It was so so weird.
    Same for me.  I remember thinking well this is a bit strange but this thread is really popular so there must be something to it!   Meanwhile I had not read past the first page 😂
    Havent bought Allegro or Shiner Bock since . . . 
    Hahaha

The Hot and Spicy Allegro actually works really pretty well for a quick and easy beef jerky marinade.  Six hours in that stuff and then into the dehydrator and you’ve got yourself some pretty solid beef jerky.  The best part is that @travisstrick himself shared that recipe with me too!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Allegro for the win if I recall correctly.  However you nail a winner is all that matters-cook/style points for the cook/chef but if that is all you know...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    I love doing Brisket.  I always try to get a good choice with a thick flat that is floppy and about 12 pounds  - 14 pounds before trimming.

After trying many different ways, I have settled on a modified version of Travis's method here.  I use mustard and dizzy dust with a heavy dusting and put the brisket in a large 11x20 al pan on a cooling rack in the pan with apple juice or beer in pan and put fat side down after trimming. I cook at 250 over Kingsford original briquets started with propane torch and wax inserts for about 2 hrs then at 275-300 dome till 160 and remove some drippings if needed or add apple juice if needed then wrap pan with foil and punch hole in al foil to let a little steam escape and insert an oven thermometer probe. Then I cook in oven at 300-325 till done.  After turning oven off I let it sit for about 45 -60 mins before removing. 

With this method It is easier and I get many more compliments than any other way.  Also, we like the Kingsford smoke flavor better than the lumps I have tried and the hole for probe keeps it from totally ruining bark.
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston