Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket..... How I do it.

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

It is always a real beee---ach to try and wrap that rascal while it's drenched in Shiner Bock and Allegro.  Somehow tonight feels like a Friday, so I'm ready to make it happen.  In this pic, about the 50 feet behind Trav, at this very time, the Tumbling Wheels were breaking hearts all across Algiers Point!
    Is that before or after @nolaegghead wrecked his truck?
    That may've been an earlier year!!!??? The only thing I remember was @nolaegghead wrecking his liver at this last one
    It is too bad that no one was able to capture any video of @nolaegghead vomiting up @SGH's testicles. 
    I had to delete the security video after that day.  I must say it tasted better coming up.
    I'd be surprised if you even remembered the event at all @nolaegghead, after all you were blind, bulletproof, and invisible by that time of the night. 
    My biggest regret from camp is that we didn't duct tape Nola to that stuffed pony after he passed out in that chair.  

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,280
    edited December 2016
    Options
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

It is always a real beee---ach to try and wrap that rascal while it's drenched in Shiner Bock and Allegro.  Somehow tonight feels like a Friday, so I'm ready to make it happen.  In this pic, about the 50 feet behind Trav, at this very time, the Tumbling Wheels were breaking hearts all across Algiers Point!
    That may've been an earlier year!!!??? The only thing I remember was @nolaegghead wrecking his liver at this last one
    It is too bad that no one was able to capture any video of @nolaegghead vomiting up @SGH's testicles. 
    I had to delete the security video after that day.  I must say it tasted better coming up.
    I'd be surprised if you even remembered the event at all @nolaegghead, after all you were blind, bulletproof, and invisible by that time of the night. 
    My biggest regret from camp is that we didn't duct tape Nola to that stuffed pony after he passed out in that chair.  

Only because @henapple's girl friend was doing naughty things to it by that time. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

Only because @henapple's girl friend was doing naughty things to it by that time. 
    :o
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,958
    Options
    upcoming movie spring 2017    BRISKET CAMP    animated, not yet rated

Part of the puppet puke-a-thon in Team America World Police 2004

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Henapple's girlfriend is a metaphor, not an actual girlfriend, just to clear the air.
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

You shouldn't talk about @travisstrick that way!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I considered it a success after no one wrecked my truck (contrary to the year before).  I did see Travis and Tony sharing some mineral water the next morning....whatever that means.
    Options
    I remember Scottie's balls, wish I could forget that part.
    I will never forget ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I remember Scottie's balls, wish I could forget that part.
    I will never forget ;)

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

That's misinformed and rude. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    edited December 2016
    Options
    For those about to boil a brisket, I salute you.

Boiled with the Brisket Gods looking down with fury in their eyes. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    Options
    Nothing like sitting on a shaky toilet seat downloading multiple lbs of brisket, vegan chili, pork belly, and scrapple sandwiches, smoking a cigar, and having @DMW standing in the toilet less than 2 ft from you (with no stall wall in between) taking a piss while talking about Scottie's nasty balls
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Nothing like sitting on a shaky toilet seat downloading multiple lbs of brisket, vegan chili, pork belly, and scrapple sandwiches, smoking a cigar, and having @DMW standing in the toilet less than 2 ft from you (with no stall wall in between) taking a piss while talking about Scottie's nasty balls
    I was sure there was a wall. I mean, there was a crapper and two pissers, there had to be walls.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    DMW said:
    thetrim said:
    I was sure there was a wall. I mean, there was a crapper and two pissers, there had to be walls.
    If there isn't a wall, we'll build one next year and make the sorry SOB on the crapper pay for it!
    Options
    SGH said:
    For those about to boil a brisket, I salute you.

Boiled with the Brisket Gods looking down with fury in their eyes. 
    Looks dry Scottie.  Comports with the AC/DC nod, hate those noise makers.  I could kill that brisket my friend.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,280
    Options
    henapple said:
    CTMike said:
    CTMike said:

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

That's misinformed and rude. 
    I seem to remember there was photographic evidence. ;)
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,255
    edited December 2016
    Options
    thetrim said:
    All I know is that Dwayne came out of the restroom saying he thought he accidentally went into the ladies' room because someone was sitting down in there.  I assured him that it was all OK, because we were in NOLA and not NC.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,806
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Looks dry Scottie.  
    I have no idea if it was dry or not. A friend of mine in California cooked that. He sent me a pic because it was the first Brisket that he had ever boiled. He said that he just had to try it. 

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @SGH My first lesson about ordering restaurant BBQ, I learned when I was a youngster was, "If you don't see a stack of wood somewhere and or smoke coming out of a stack, your brisket and ribs are braised in an kitchen oven!!"
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I'm cooking a prime rib for Christmas (and I'm the only one).....when I boil it, should I boil the water at 212F or 300F.  Im confused. please help
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    I'm cooking a prime rib for Christmas (and I'm the only one).....when I boil it, should I boil the water at 212F or 300F.  Im confused. please help
    Can you boil water on the Egg?
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Also is that bone in or bone out... this would be helpful for your water question..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Also is that bone in or bone out... this would be helpful for your water question..

It's a 5 bone roast, but my butcher trimmed it to leave every, other bone in.  He said it's the best of both worlds
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Atmospheric pressure please?
    Options

760 mmHg

• nolaegghead
    Options
    212F
    Options
    I boiled one of these once, felt like I got punked like getting invited to go snipe hunting or something  :s
    Jacksonville FL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,338
    Options
    bgebrent said: Comports with the AC/DC nod, hate those noise makers.  
    You need your mouth washed out with soap. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I stand by my stance.  I'm a musician.  Push a drum kit and a couple guitars off a cliff followed by a stupid 21 year old who likes to scream, you have AC/dc.  Noise.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,338
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I stand by my stance.  I'm a musician.  Push a drum kit and a couple guitars off a cliff followed by a stupid 21 year old who likes to scream, you have AC/dc.  Noise.
    Enjoy your Bublé