Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket..... How I do it.

Options

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Was just talking to @WhiteyQ last night about this.  Good to see it born again!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Was just talking to @WhiteyQ last night about this.  Good to see it born again!
    It will never die.............never, never, never
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The beauty of this thread is that the n00bs will see it, see how many comments it has, and figure "well that just must be how to do brisket on the Egg I guess!"

If they're ambitious, they'll even try it, only to conclude that maybe this Brisket thing isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • travisstrick
    Options
    I have mixed feelings. This thread is like kissing your cousin, you want to enjoy it but you just can't. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I'm gonna start a thread about "How I microwave my ribs" so I can get 400K views.(Not that those kind of things are important to me)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I have mixed feelings. This thread is like kissing your cousin, you want to enjoy it but you just can't. 
    "The BGE forum is a special place.  There's this one guy Travis on there - he's black, and maybe a little homeless, judging from his picture - but he has the most amazing brisket recipe!  It's the gold standard!  There are stores in Texas that keep Shiner Bock and Allegro on reserve just for this one recipe.  It really is something to behold."
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    "The BGE forum is a special place.  There's this one guy Travis on there - he's black, and maybe a little homeless, judging from his picture - but he has the most amazing brisket recipe!  It's the gold standard!  There are stores in Texas that keep Shiner Bock and Allegro on reserve just for this one recipe.  It really is something to behold."
    You quoting BGC Twitter feed again, fanboy?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,107
    Options
    Stop raising this!  I will never beat view #'s if you guys keep raising it from the dead.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Prude.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    What are you doing right now?  Reading Brisket how I do it.

Suck it!
    Options
    I just hate that I made it to Brisket Camp one day after they did it "How I do it"!!!  To @travisstrick EIB RLTW
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    How he does it:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Wait....Travis isn't BLACK?!
    Options
    I bet he didn't lose his hand to an alligator too!  Can't believe anyone these days.
  • SloppyJoe
    Options
    What are you doing right now?  Reading Brisket how I do it.

Suck it!

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Only in his mind ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• thetrim
    Options
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

It is always a real beee---ach to try and wrap that rascal while it's drenched in Shiner Bock and Allegro.  Somehow tonight feels like a Friday, so I'm ready to make it happen.  In this pic, about the 50 feet behind Trav, at this very time, the Tumbling Wheels were breaking hearts all across Algiers Point!
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

It is always a real beee---ach to try and wrap that rascal while it's drenched in Shiner Bock and Allegro.  Somehow tonight feels like a Friday, so I'm ready to make it happen.  In this pic, about the 50 feet behind Trav, at this very time, the Tumbling Wheels were breaking hearts all across Algiers Point!
    Is that before or after @nolaegghead wrecked his truck?
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @SGH may have just sank this thread. 
    You NEVER pull the curtain back!!!

You might as well have told me the CEO of Aunt Jemima syrup is a white guy. I may never boil brisket again. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Given the age of this thread, shouldn't it be "Brisket..... How I Did it"?  I mean, is he still alive?  Let alone possibly not the spitting image of James Browns mug shot?
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    @SGH may have just sank this thread. 
    You NEVER pull the curtain back!!!

You might as well have told me the CEO of Aunt Jemima syrup is a white guy. I may never boil brisket again. 
    Aunt Jemima is a division of Pepsi. Here's the CEO:

Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • thetrim
    Options
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

That may've been an earlier year!!!??? The only thing I remember was @nolaegghead wrecking his liver at this last one
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

That may've been an earlier year!!!??? The only thing I remember was @nolaegghead wrecking his liver at this last one
    It is too bad that no one was able to capture any video of @nolaegghead vomiting up @SGH's testicles. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

It is too bad that no one was able to capture any video of @nolaegghead vomiting up @SGH's testicles. 
    I had to delete the security video after that day.  I must say it tasted better coming up.
    Options
    Between that and @DMW walking in on me taking a dump then wouldn't leave and just took a leak right next to me..... I can't wait for next year
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CTMike
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Between that and @DMW walking in on me taking a dump then wouldn't leave and just took a leak right next to me..... I can't wait for next year
    Obviously @DMW liked your Eau de Toilette. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    edited December 2016
    Options

CTMike said:
    thetrim said:
    thetrim said:
    SGH said:
    How he does it:

I had to delete the security video after that day.  I must say it tasted better coming up.
    I'd be surprised if you even remembered the event at all @nolaegghead, after all you were blind, bulletproof, and invisible by that time of the night. I asked you if you were alright, and you yelled, "No I'm not farking alright, I just ate balls!"

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I remember Scottie's balls, wish I could forget that part.
    Options
    I remember Scottie's balls, wish I could forget that part.
    Hard to forget when you had his balls in your mouth I guess. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.