Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options

Comments

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I love my 50 as well it seemed more practical in the store. Never thought to use it to brine thanks for the tip.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Lit said:
    I love my 50 as well it seemed more practical in the store. Never thought to use it to brine thanks for the tip.
    It's the only size of the smaller Yetis that will hold The Briner and wine bottles standing up. That was a huge selling point to me. The 50, the 75 and the new 210 all have extra depth. Seems like there is one more that comes with extra depth but I don't remember which it is. For a small or medium size cooler the 50 was the clear winner for me. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TrailRunner
    Options
    SGH said:
    Lit said:
    It's the only size of the smaller Yetis that will hold The Briner and wine bottles standing up. That was a huge selling point to me. The 50, the 75 and the new 210 all have extra depth. Seems like there is one more that comes with extra depth but I don't remember which it is. For a small or medium size cooler the 50 was the clear winner for me. 
    Now you are making me want a 50 lol 
  • TrailRunner
    Options
    I bought the 20 to haul around on the Kayak and the 65 for when I need a bigger one. 
  • Angus1978
    Options
    I ordered my RTIC 20 Tan on 8/18.  They're telling me it's estimated to ship 1/2/16

sigh.....
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • A5firearms
    Options
    Just got an email with tracking information saying that my 2 coolers just shipped! A 45 and a 65. Woohoo! Can wait to get these Yeti Killers!
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • SGH
    Options
    Can wait to get these Yeti Killers!
    Now now, be nice ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• A5firearms
    Options
    SGH said:
    Can wait to get these Yeti Killers!
    Now now, be nice ;)
    You're right, we don't want to offend the sensitive...
    Lake Keowee, SC
    XLarge, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Custom Table, KAB, Woo2, Guru DigiQ DX2,
    Family of 5 Meat Eaters
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    Just received my email as well that mine shipped, tan 45.
    Birmingham, AL
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    stonewh said:
    It's nice to see they're shipping 45 tans.
    I paid & received confirmation 8/18/15.
    Was informed 12/31/15 possible shipping, a couple weeks ago.
    You??
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • Angus1978
    Options
    @Durangler   We are in the same boat.  Grrr
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    Durangler said:
    stonewh said:
    It's nice to see they're shipping 45 tans.
    I paid & received confirmation 8/18/15.
    Was informed 12/31/15 possible shipping, a couple weeks ago.
    You??
    Paid for mine on 8/18 as well, received an email a week ago saying mine should be shipping soon.
    Birmingham, AL
  • fusionhq
    fusionhq Posts: 1,707
    Options
    15,509 views...must be a nice cooler!! Already have a pile of yetis, so I'll use them first!  ;)
  • SGH
    Options
    RTIC:
    R = Really
    T = Thick
    I = Insulated
    C = Coolers
    So sayeth the Cooler Gods =)  

Status- Standing by.

• swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Mine wanted to pose again
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • Angus1978
    Options
    When.  When lord is my time ?   :)
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Thanks for the info @stonewh

@Angus1978 soon,,,,, soon, I hope too. 
    It was to be a Christmas gift, perhaps not tho.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • chard
    chard Posts: 67
    Options
    Also received an email yesterday that my Tan 20 shipped.  
    Eggin' with a Large and Small
    Twin Cities, MN
  • SGH
    Options
    Coming December 4th.

Status- Standing by.

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    SGH said:
    Coming December 4th.

Am I the only one waiting to hear @lit response to this? 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    Sorry @SGH I forgot you posted the Dec 4th tumbler availability in this thread..  Forgot and started a new thread with that Facebook reference.
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    SGH said:
    Coming December 4th.

December 4th.....did they specify a year? 
  • Lit
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    SGH said:
    Coming December 4th.

Another cheap knockoff. Exciting.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Lit said:
    WeberWho? said:
    SGH said:
    Coming December 4th.

Another cheap knockoff. Exciting.
    Lol.  These cups have been around for ever, but I do think it's hilarious.  This is another thing to piss yall off.  I have a YETI 30 and 20, but I'd pick up one of these for $20.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Lit
    Options
    Yeah I really don't care just didn't want to disappoint.
  • jakebge
    Options
    RTIC just announced they will be offering a 30oz Tumber for $19.99.  Goes on sale December 4th and shipping starts on December 10th.  Also, a 20oz will be available the first of 2016.  I plan on purchasing a few for Christmas gifts.

I really like my RTIC 20, however they can approve the lid.  I still have issues with it not staying open.  It can be annoying when both of my hands are holding something like a bag of ice or brisket.  It's still worth the investment but there is an opportunity for them to improve their 20.  

I plan on purchasing their 45 in the spring after they get caught up and begin offering additional colors.  
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    smbishop said:
    My turkey in it's brine did not fit in the Yeti 65, but it did in the RTIC 65.  Love them both.. 
    Maybe RTIC will also make some RTIC ice packs. How do you like the YETI packs? 

@TrailRunner
    I like them.  After the overnight cool down, I add them and they work as advertised... 
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have to say I am happy with my small Yeti. I bought a turkey on the way to work yesterday and put four frozen water bottles in it to keep the turkey cool.  Well after a long day at work I was hoping the turkey would thaw a little. It didn't. The water bottles were still rock hard and the turkey just as frozen as it was when I put it in if not more. Still may purchase a RTIC once the shipping dates get shorter. 
    I bought a Yeti 50 several months ago. I went with the 50 because of the extra depth. You can stand wine bottles up in it instead of laying them down. I also use the 50 for brining things. I purchased both sizes of The Briner and they will stand up in the 50 as well. This saves precious space in the fridge around the holidays. Over all the 50 has been a real good cooler. Because of its extra depth it fills a specific need for me. Anyone considering getting a Yeti 35 or 45 really should give the 50 a hard look. It's only slightly bigger but the extra depth is invaluable. 
    I never told my wife I wanted a Yeti 50 and I never told her I ordered a RTIC 65.  Which is why I now have a Yeti and RTIC 65.  Still want a Yeti 50!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • SGH
    Options
    smbishop said:
    I never told my wife I wanted a Yeti 50 and I never told her I ordered a RTIC 65.  Which is why I now have a Yeti and RTIC 65.  Still want a Yeti 50!
    To me the Yeti 50 just makes more sense than the Yeti 45 and the Yeti 65 due to the extra depth. It's really been a handy cooler for brining and chilling wine. I'm on Yetis notification list for the new 210. It has the extra depth as well. The extra depth models are the way to go in my opinion. I know that it depends on your particular needs, but for me they are the way to go.  

Status- Standing by.

• TrailRunner
    Options
    SGH said:
    smbishop said:
    To me the Yeti 50 just makes more sense than the Yeti 45 and the Yeti 65 due to the extra depth. It's really been a handy cooler for brining and chilling wine. I'm on Yetis notification list for the new 210. It has the extra depth as well. The extra depth models are the way to go in my opinion. I know that it depends on your particular needs, but for me they are the way to go.  
    I thought the Yeti 210 was already out.