Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Thundergod and Brisket God approved. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,115
    Yeti is a fictional creature. Glad I get to give friends a quality gift at half price this year.
    My Yeti cup is shivering in fear of extinction.lol

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    Photo Egg said:

It's only a matter of time my friend. Yeti may just go the way of the

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    @cazzy
    Sorry for trolling your thread again. But I couldn't resist ;)

Status- Standing by.

• Small Engel coolers on sale at woot...they're pink
  • Photo Egg
    SGH said:no
    Photo Egg said:

It's only a matter of time my friend. Yeti may just go the way of the

I really don't think a great animal like the Buffalo should be insulted by referencing it with a Yeti.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    HondaHawk said:
    Small Engel coolers on sale at woot...
    Engel makes great coolers. They make one of the best live bait boxes on the market if you are a fisherman.  

Status- Standing by.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Got an email with my tracking number. My RTIC 65 is on its way. Should see it Friday or Saturday (maybe).
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    HeavyG said:
    Got an email with my tracking number. My RTIC 65 is on its way. Should see it Friday or Saturday (maybe).
    same here on my 45
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    same here on my 45
    I'm kind of surprised that you didn't go with the 65 brother less. 

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    SGH said:
    same here on my 45
    I'm kind of surprised that you didn't go with the 65 brother less. 
    it wouldnt fit under my tonneau cover in the truck and the 45 will fit better on my wheeler for ice fishing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    it wouldnt fit under my tonneau cover in the truck and the 45 will fit better on my wheeler for ice fishing
    Makes sense. I chose a Yeti 50 for similar reasons. To fill a particular need. Sometimes a need out weighs a want. 

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Photo Egg said:
    Yeti is a fictional creature. Glad I get to give friends a quality gift at half price this year.

If by extinction you mean sold out because everybody wants them. Everyone is going to think you were shopping late and couldn't find a Yeti.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    HeavyG said:
    White or Tan??

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Lets see how it stands this time next year and the following year. RTIC is much in demand, as well as all the others hitting the market. Time will tell if Yeti stardom will continue to draw double the price over the growing competition.
    As well as Yeti is doing all the shelves in our local stores are still filled with their coolers, and every size glass except the large 30oz being scarce, unlike last year. The RTIC cup is to new this year to be a threat but the RTIC cooler is for sure taking a chunk out of their cooler sales this year. And again, they are just getting into the game. Time will tell, but Yeti will indeed have to make some changes to stay in the game. 
    I have shown my RTIC 65 to many friends who have placed orders over buying the Yeti. Social media and word of mouth is already making RTIC the new buzz in the sporting circle and they are raking in the orders. If they sold stock I would be all in.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • SGH
    RTIC- Bigger, stronger and better. 

Look away... Look away... Look away... Yetitards... In Yeti land...

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @cazzy
    My apologies for trolling yet again. 

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Will it blend??????
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    cazzy said:
    Will it blend??????
    Not sure what you are asking. 

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
    Will it blend??????
    https://youtu.be/lBUJcD6Ws6s
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    cazzy said:
    SGH said:
    cazzy said:
    Will it blend??????
    https://youtu.be/lBUJcD6Ws6s
    I'm going to put my money on no.

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,796
    I say yes, it will. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    caliking said:
    I say yes, it will. 
    The Yeti will probably blend. But not the RTIC :whistle: 

Status- Standing by.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    RTIC should give @SGH some free swag for all the barking he's done for them......I know he's sent quite a few folks their way with his threads here.  Me for one.   =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    HeavyG said:
    White or Tan??
    White.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    RTIC should give @SGH some free swag for all the barking he's done for them......I know he's sent quite a few folks their way with his threads here.  Me for one.   =)
    Don't let this out of the bag, but I will receive the first RTIC 110 quart cooler made free of charge next year when they come out. That's compensation enough for me my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    edited December 2015
    Why the hell is this thread still going but they shutdown the BLACKSTONE IS LEGIT thread... That thread was at least cooking. This is just banter. @EGGzilla_jr
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Earshots
    Earshots Posts: 110
    Tallmadge Ohio, XL and S eggs 
  • SGH
    edited December 2015
    Why the hell is this thread still going 
    Because Cazzy has friends in high places ;) As such, the buffalo shows mercy my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009

Wait til the BGE (RTIC) 30 tumbler comes out for $65 each...the mods don't want to shut this down

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI