Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Comments

• My 20 will be delivered today!  Patience....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    Patience....
    Is a virtue =)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    So last Wedsday I loaded up on 20lbs bag of ice got the HOA Chili Off today and Shelly's Corp Christmas Party tonight at my house. Put 3 20's in the 65.
    This is what it looks like on Saturday morning. Only about 1" or so of water.
    @SGH Thanks for the invite, I'm damn impressed.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Hotch said:
    @SGH Thanks for the invite, I'm damn impressed.

My pleasure brother. Glad that you are enjoying it. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Patience.........this waiting game is killing me. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    My White RTIC 65 was in my daily UPS delivery today.

Nice. Lid seals so well I had to really tug to open it and you could hear the air being sucked in.

I noticed that there is a groove in the middle of the fore and aft walls. I assume that is for a divider. Would have been nice if that had been included. I assume the Yeti does come with a divider plate. Isn't that why Yeti charges twice as much? :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• SGH
    @HeavyG
    Yeti does not come with a divider plate either. I have a 50 and a 210 on back order. Neither of them have the plate included. 

Status- Standing by.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,115
    HeavyG said:

Nice. Lid seals so well I had to really tug to open it and you could hear the air being sucked in.

I noticed that there is a groove in the middle of the fore and aft walls. I assume that is for a divider. Would have been nice if that had been included. I assume the Yeti does come with a divider plate. Isn't that why Yeti charges twice as much? :)
    Yeti has the notches but does not include divider. It's the Yeti sticker to promote future sales for Yeti that is included for free.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Photo Egg said:
    HeavyG said:

Yeti has the notches but does not include divider. It's the Yeti sticker to promote future sales for Yeti that is included for free.
    And the basket that RTIC doesn't offer.
  • Photo Egg
    edited December 2015
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:
    HeavyG said:

That's true, RTIC does not include a basket. But with the price savings on my 65qt RTIC I could buy another 65qt RTIC and still come out spending less money than buying one Yeti "model 65" 57qt cooler and skip the basket. Some how I just don't feel bad about not getting a basket.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    Photo Egg said:
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:
    HeavyG said:

That's true, RTIC does not include a basket. But with the price savings on my 65qt RTIC I could buy another 65qt RTIC and still come out spending less money than buying one Yeti "model 65" 57qt cooler and skip the basket. Some how I just don't feel bad about not getting a basket.
    Not if you used the 20% off coupons that REI sends out that are good on Yeti products.
  • Photo Egg
    edited December 2015
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Lit said:
    Photo Egg said:
    HeavyG said:

Not if you used the 20% off coupons that REI sends out that are good on Yeti products.
    What was your total out the door price with tax on your 57qt Yeti?

REI price on Yeti 57qt "model 65" cooler $400.00
    20% off makes cooler $320 plus $26.24 tax plus $35.00 over size shipping.
    Toal price $381.24 for Yeti delivered to my home.
    RTIC delivery was free to my front door and most people do not pay sales tax.
    I do live in one of the few states, so I do pay tax on RTIC.
    The closest REI store is about 50 miles from my house. Not worth the drive for me to try and save shipping. So location plays a big part in this as it does for most products.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Lit
    I could walk to an REI from my work.
  • Lit
    On a side note a buddy of mine said he got 3 of the RTIC tumblers for $40 on slickdealz anyone else see this?
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Lit said:
    How does one obtain said 20% off coupon? My mother in law is looking to buy a yeti 50, might be too late but just curious
  • Lit
    feef706 said:
    Lit said:
    How does one obtain said 20% off coupon? My mother in law is looking to buy a yeti 50, might be too late but just curious
    You have to sign up for a REI membership. It's $20 for lifetime but you get the coupons once or twice a year emailed. There's also some other benefits.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,689
    Those other benefits include 10% of your annual spend reimbursed in the form of a dividend to be used in the store (basically a store credit) 
  • Ya baby!! Just got the email my 20&45 have shipped. This is a surprise seeing as though I just checked last night and there web site said 1/10 so a nice surprise after the delays. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    my 45 arrived yesterday, all i can say is that its built better than the yeti, very impressed.  if yeti wants to compete they are going to have to upgrade to rtic standards and design and drop their price. by spring when i might actually use this cooler, it will be tricked out with rod holders, a basket, and a divider ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    my 45 arrived yesterday, all i can say is that its built better than the yeti, very impressed.  if yeti wants to compete they are going to have to upgrade to rtic standards and design and drop their price. 
    I have been trying to tell everyone this since back in July. They are basically a Yeti on steroids. 

Status- Standing by.

• auhoe
    auhoe Posts: 25
    anyone received a tan 20 yet?

Lawrenceville, GA   XL Big Green Egg, Minimax, Flameboss, Maverick
  • Sweet100s
    Sweet100s Posts: 553
    edited December 2015

First impressions of my awesome RTIC 20 ! 

=== Ordering

Ordered an RTIC 20 white $125 on 8/18 after seeing SGH's post here.

Ship date was originally Nov then rescheduled to January then rescheduled back and the next thing I know I receive a "Your cooler has shipped" notice!

Then, the shipper status said "problem shipping your item" and it didn't look like it ever left the vendor. So I thought that "shipped" notice was just an error. 

Then, it seemed to ship the next day and it actually did show up, the day before my trip when I really needed one! 

Hey @SGH, did you put in a good word for me? That saved me from going to Academy sports to buy something in the interim.  Thank you. 

=== First impressions

Good fit and finish
    Lid well-aligned. 
    Had the feel of high quality parts.

1-2 very minor scuffs and machine marks here and there.  I probably noticed them only because my clients of the product I make would definitely notice them.  But not a big deal to me at all.

Heavy for my (female) muscles.
    I'll probably add tennis racket grip tape around where the handle angles off for extra cush and tack.  Meanwhile, I left the bubble wrap there.

=== Chilled out

Friends from school requested several bags of Hoshizaki ice for our weekend "Star Wars Viewing Party" getaway beverages in the hotel.

Filled 1 gallon zip-loc bags with the Hoshizaki Sonic / nugget style ice and added to cooler bottom and top at Thursday noon. There was enough ice left both Thursday night and Friday night to make drinks with. Yay! 

Overall very happy with performance 
    - kept cold drinks cold
    - kept the nugget ice frozen to last for 2 nights of adult beverages

=== One near miss

Refilled the ziplocs with hotel ice and leftover drinks before driving back home Saturday.
    Kept the ice bags in there for grocery store + errand trips yesterday. 

Meanwhile, one of the zip loc zippers failed and of course some of the ice melted. Apparently the water went out of the RTIC and onto the back of my trunk.  I did not see it there before I put my (paper) shopping bags down.  

At home when I picked up one of the grocery bags, the very wet bottom fell out. Almost lost a glass jar of shakshuka sauce.  It doesn't seem cracked so Christmas day breakfast is still on track.

Is the water supposed to drain out? 

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    auhoe said:

Still waiting on mine, ordered 1st week of October, original ship date was 27 Dec, then pushed to Jan, now it's been holding at 14 Feb
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I ordered a tan 65 and the estimated ship date is March 5.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Sweet100s said:

=== Ordering

Ship date was originally Nov then rescheduled to January then rescheduled back and the next thing I know I receive a "Your cooler has shipped" notice!

Then, the shipper status said "problem shipping your item" and it didn't look like it ever left the vendor. So I thought that "shipped" notice was just an error. 

Then, it seemed to ship the next day and it actually did show up, the day before my trip when I really needed one! 

Hey @SGH, did you put in a good word for me? That saved me from going to Academy sports to buy something in the interim.  Thank you. 

=== First impressions

Good fit and finish
    Lid well-aligned. 

1-2 very minor scuffs and machine marks here and there.  I probably noticed them only because my clients of the product I make would definitely notice them.  But not a big deal to me at all.

I'll probably add tennis racket grip tape around where the handle angles off for extra cush and tack.  Meanwhile, I left the bubble wrap there.

=== Chilled out

Friends from school requested several bags of Hoshizaki ice for our weekend "Star Wars Viewing Party" getaway beverages in the hotel.

Filled 1 gallon zip-loc bags with the Hoshizaki Sonic / nugget style ice and added to cooler bottom and top at Thursday noon. There was enough ice left both Thursday night and Friday night to make drinks with. Yay! 

- kept cold drinks cold

=== One near miss

Refilled the ziplocs with hotel ice and leftover drinks before driving back home Saturday.

Meanwhile, one of the zip loc zippers failed and of course some of the ice melted. Apparently the water went out of the RTIC and onto the back of my trunk.  I did not see it there before I put my (paper) shopping bags down.  

At home when I picked up one of the grocery bags, the very wet bottom fell out. Almost lost a glass jar of shakshuka sauce.  It doesn't seem cracked so Christmas day breakfast is still on track.

You may try unscrewing the drain plug, then screwing it back in. If that doesn't work, I would call them because my RTIC 20 doesn't leak.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Sweet100s said:

=== Ordering

=== First impressions

Good fit and finish
    Lid well-aligned. 

=== Chilled out

- kept cold drinks cold

=== One near miss

You may try unscrewing the drain plug, then screwing it back in. If that doesn't work, I would call them because my RTIC 20 doesn't leak.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    havent taken mine apart, but i think there is a rubber washer, check then tighten and add water. it just might be loose
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nth78
    nth78 Posts: 154
    feef706 said:
    auhoe said:

Still waiting on mine, ordered 1st week of October, original ship date was 27 Dec, then pushed to Jan, now it's been holding at 14 Feb
    That is quality service right there 
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Orca baby! Just as expensive as the Yeti, but nowhere near the name recognition. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    That Orca chaser looks cool!
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE