Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited October 2015 in Off Topic
Man, this thing is a lil tank!  I don't have a premium cooler to compare this to, but the build quality looks awesome.  I bought the 20 for two purposes.  1. To send my wife to work with BBQ.  2. To keep milk and juice boxes cool during road trips. The size is perfect for a couple briskets or butts and will be more than adequate for a gallon of milk, water and plenty of juice.

Thanks @SGH for linking this way back when.  It was a nice surprise to see it on my porch this afternoon!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Good to see them shipping, Ive got my eye on the 45, to go with my 65 yeti.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Awesome.  Nice to see them rolling out.  I'm patiently waiting for my 65 to arrive.  Any idea what your order date was??

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great news!  My 45 is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  Worth the wait.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Great to see more coolers hitting the street. They are built very well...
    My 65 is really bigger than I need because the RTIC is a true 65.
    I would rather down size to the 45.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    That is the size I want!
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That does look like a good size. I've got a brute 25 qt I picked up used. I like your handle better. Also wish mine had a drain. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    @cazzy  .. do you think two 8 lb butts would fit in the RTIC cooler?
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Awesome.  Nice to see them rolling out.  I'm patiently waiting for my 65 to arrive.  Any idea what your order date was??

August 18th
  • cazzy
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    @cazzy  .. do you think two 8 lb butts would fit in the RTIC cooler?
    I think so.  Like Photo Egg said, these are true.  It has a good amount of space...actually was bigger than I was expecting.  
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    How many beers does that fella hold? 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    cazzy said:

August 18th
    I paid for 3 on August 19th and haven't heard from them. That seems strange. Nice looking cooler. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    Are they selling at any major retailers?   I have a give card I need to use.
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    My 20 and 45 are on the way!  Can't wait to get them. Never thought I would cough up the money on a "fancy" cooler. These were just too nice and the price is right.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I paid for mine on 8/18.  Only the 45.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Mine arrives Friday, can't wait.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Paid and waiting on mine as well, pretty sure in August as well. 20 & 45. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Has anybody that's received one yet, actually used it?  Waiting on some feedback and testing before I pull the trigger.  TIA.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I'll be testing mine Friday with ice and beer.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    Options
    DMW said:
    I'll be testing mine Friday with ice and beer.
    I'll load mine up with fruit punch tomorrow.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    They look identical to yeti! What's the catch?
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I think my 20 showed up but I am in Agoura Hills California for a few days. Will check it out in a few days.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    slovelad said:
    They look identical to yeti! What's the catch?
    They are bigger than the yeti equivalent and better insulated. But alas, the label doesn;t say yeti. That's the only catch.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Mind posting a pic of the inside of the cooler with some stuff loaded inside? I'd love to get a sense of how much that size will hold. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • drano
    drano Posts: 39
    Options
    Can those of you stating that yours is on the way fill me in-- did you receive shipping email? How do you know. I ordered in July and paid in August. I did order tan if that makes a difference. I emailed them a week ago and they said mine was expected to ship November 19! Jeez
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I keep seeing people post they are better than the yeti and better insulated etc. I can't wait for some tests. Congrats on getting your cooler.
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    drano said:
    Can those of you stating that yours is on the way fill me in-- did you receive shipping email? How do you know. I ordered in July and paid in August. I did order tan if that makes a difference. I emailed them a week ago and they said mine was expected to ship November 19! Jeez
    I got an email 2 weeks ago, then another a few days ago with a shipping notification and tracking number. Mine will be in tomorrow.
  • cazzy
    Options
    Lit said:
    I keep seeing people post they are better than the yeti and better insulated etc. I can't wait for some tests. Congrats on getting your cooler.
    I don't know if it's better (I doubt it is), but it is better than anything I own.  I'll start an ice test tomorrow.
  • cazzy
    Options

blind99 said:
    Mind posting a pic of the inside of the cooler with some stuff loaded inside? I'd love to get a sense of how much that size will hold. 
    Sure.  I'll post something tomorrow.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Thanks @SGH for linking this way back when.  It was a nice surprise to see it on my porch this afternoon!

My pleasure brother. Glad that folks are receiving them and finally seeing what a great deal that they are. My wife texted me yesterday and said 3 boxes had arrived. I just got back on shore a few hours ago. Won't be home for a few days. But I'm glad to know that mine arrived. Hope everyone enjoys the coolers. From what I have seen, I honestly like them better than Yeti. Especially the price.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Also can someone please send me the INSIDE dimensions of the 20 please? All I can find is outside dimensions.