Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    My...my...my...Delilah.......
    Why...why...why...Delilah......
    So.....before.....they come.. to break down the door....forgive me Delilah I just couldn't take anymore.........

And y'all though I was going to bash Yeti. Jesus people ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    Copyrights...RTIC infringing like a Boss
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but RTIC wouldn't let me behold the cooler i paid for so I bought a Pelican.
  • SGH
    BIll-W221 said:
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but RTIC wouldn't let me behold the cooler i paid for so I bought a Pelican.
    Pelican is a great cooler. I have one of their 95 quart models. It holds ice like a champ. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I love my Pelican.  Only think I don't like is the weight.  For that reason I use one of my lighter coolers for day trips where the ice will be fine.
    edited November 2015
    @nolaegghead I believe I have the Pelican45. Fully loaded it's pretty hefty but, performance wise even in the direct sunlight 99℉+ days tests I did it held ice better than anything I'd owned before. I keep it full and just add ice every now and then. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @NPHuskerFL Yep, I have the same one.  That cooler is damn near indestructible. Another minor complaint is it's really big for the internal volume.  The handles and area around them are huge.  On the upside it has the best handles and latches of all coolers IMO.
    Foghorn said:
    YukonRon said:
    Recliner in position. Firewood in the pit. Lump in both eggs, ready for cooking, 2011 Sequoia Grove in the decanter, watching for the tracers in this live fire exercise.
    That's a good position on mid-day on a Friday.  I would be jealous, but I'm heading to Austin soon to join 6 other guys celebrating 2 of the guys' birthdays.  We all have rooms in a hotel managed by one of the birthday boys.  I'm not sure how it is going to end up, but if one of us doesn't have a Mike Tyson tattoo by morning I will be disappointed.
    Just don't play any Phil Collins!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited November 2015
    @nolaegghead  re: Pelican Marine White 45  I creatively stack cans and reverse stack bottles. It holds a lot. I had a case of bottles and a bunch of proteins for a road trip to our friend's home in GA & it performed flawlessly. Agree...as you said it has monster handles and the optional use flip up handles. I love the handles (both styles) and the latches rock. And yes, for the volume, it's huge!  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    I kinda like my igloo...Not really, The RTIC rocks!  No Yeti envy.  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Either Yeti or some Yeti Homer started a Facebook group called "rtic coolers cannot deliver".

People need to realize this is just a cooler: getting really uptight about frivolous things like a cooler.... unreal. 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    stompbox said:
    Either Yeti or some Yeti Homer started a Facebook group called "rtic coolers cannot deliver".

People need to realize this is just a cooler: getting really uptight about frivolous things like a cooler.... unreal. 
    It was probably Lit.  :tongue: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    It would appear it is delivering though wouldn't it :lol: And at a reasonable $$$point. God forbid we save money. Shame. 
    @cazzy did you get your ice maker?...(similar to Sonic's Style soft nugget ice...made w/ a Scotsman flaker machine). As I recall you were looking at a unit in its kickstarter phase. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    cazzy said:
    stompbox said:

It was probably Lit.  :tongue: 
    Come on I would have been much more creative with the name. Plus I would have to figure out how to start a Facebook account much less a group. 
  • Any predictions on if there will be RTIC hats available soon? 
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Yes.... before all pre-orders have been shipped.
    There'll be pre-orders for hats also. Pay now, receive hat in 10 months.
    Just in time for Christmas 2016. :D
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    The Opal Nugget ice makers won't ship out until spring. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Durangler said:
    Yes.... before all pre-orders have been shipped.
    There'll be pre-orders for hats also. Pay now, receive hat in 10 months.
    Just in time for Christmas 2016. :D
    I can wait. It's worth it!!!
  • ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    I thought about getting a RTIC at one point. Just used a 20% REI coupon on a YETI 50 instead. Do I need it...no. But I wanted it. Have a YETI Roadie, wanted something taller for large beer bottles/growlers and such. Its a want, not a need.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • SGH
    Sometimes the truth just hurts. Here is RTIC crushing Yeti in every way that matters. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LXs6SGxPK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHp6k2Wae3s

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @cazzy My apologies brother, I couldn't resist ;) But I will stop now.  

Status- Standing by.

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Some times you just have to wait for the things you want.  My wife just bought some new table lamps for the living room. She also wanted the matching floor lamp.  Backordered with an expected delivery in February of next year.  I may have to start a pool on whether the cooler or the lamp get here first!!  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,505
    Any predictions on if there will be RTIC hats available soon? 

I will sell you one if you pay now and I can maybe ship by Easter, depends on how big your head is for the size.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I have my yeti in the back of the 4Runner right now. Mashed potatoes for thanksgiving and some other stuff for the baby. I have it in the rack up above all the ice so I don't have to worry about water getting in any of the food. Wonder why Rtic didn't copy that it's a very nice option.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,054
    My turkey in it's brine did not fit in the Yeti 65, but it did in the RTIC 65.  Love them both.. 
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • smbishop said:
    My turkey in it's brine did not fit in the Yeti 65, but it did in the RTIC 65.  Love them both.. 
    Maybe RTIC will also make some RTIC ice packs. How do you like the YETI packs? 
  • I have to say I am happy with my small Yeti. I bought a turkey on the way to work yesterday and put four frozen water bottles in it to keep the turkey cool.  Well after a long day at work I was hoping the turkey would thaw a little. It didn't. The water bottles were still rock hard and the turkey just as frozen as it was when I put it in if not more. Still may purchase a RTIC once the shipping dates get shorter. 
  • SGH
    I have to say I am happy with my small Yeti. I bought a turkey on the way to work yesterday and put four frozen water bottles in it to keep the turkey cool.  Well after a long day at work I was hoping the turkey would thaw a little. It didn't. The water bottles were still rock hard and the turkey just as frozen as it was when I put it in if not more. Still may purchase a RTIC once the shipping dates get shorter. 
    I bought a Yeti 50 several months ago. I went with the 50 because of the extra depth. You can stand wine bottles up in it instead of laying them down. I also use the 50 for brining things. I purchased both sizes of The Briner and they will stand up in the 50 as well. This saves precious space in the fridge around the holidays. Over all the 50 has been a real good cooler. Because of its extra depth it fills a specific need for me. Anyone considering getting a Yeti 35 or 45 really should give the 50 a hard look. It's only slightly bigger but the extra depth is invaluable. 

Status- Standing by.