Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg vs Taco Bell

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SGH‌ yup! Ya got that right. Glad ya didn't ask what happened to the product in the cooler that hit 70+℉ for more than 6hrs. >:) this happened about 6 yrs ago and to this day I won't go to that location or any location tied to it (6 of them). Oooh think I just threw up in my mouth a lil bit.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I myself avoid all fast food 99 percent of the time. Today the wife brought it home. I did try to sanitize it with smoke first!!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    @SGH‌ I too avoid "fast food". Which can be difficult when working. But, a lil planning helps. I'll eat 3+day old left overs before I'll eat fast food personally. :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I agree 100 percent my friend. Some times it's unavoidable and I have to eat but it's not often.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    SGH said:
    I am stunned that @nolaegghead‌ did not point out that they were also called Rectum Rockets. I'm impressed that he could refrain but stunned nonetheless!
    @SGH - Sadly I didn't grow up in the kingdom of White Castle and thus didn't have Fred's misfortune (or the threat thereof) of fraternally induced diarrhea.  Sorry to disappoint, but I'm as naive as an alter boy in a carnal house with this one.  Tis the season for rockets though - hizzah!
    @nolaegghead‌
    Me neither brother. I have honestly never been to a White Castle. I was at a loss on the belly bomb reference. I googled it and it is also known by many other slang names as well. Hope you know I was just messing with you with that message. But I was shocked that you didn't know that is was called that.You are kind of the jokester and prankster of the forum. But that's why we love you brother.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @SGH - yeah, I wasn't offended, no worries.   I'm bummed out right now because I just discovered my table saw is broken.  Well, working but weak.  I'm hoping it's the belts.  Guess I need to dig in to it.  Buddy came by to cut some plywood and we ended up using the Festool rail saw.
    taco bell isn't quite as good as weinerschitxel.
  • SGH
    @BYS1981‌
    I had to google that to. Hey at least a awful meal turned into a learning experience!

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    @nolaegghead‌ sorry but, didn't see your post last night. Just a suggestion on your saw. "Runs but it's weak". It could have worn out motor brushes. They should be easy to inspect for.

Edit: this with the assumption you've checked voltage going to the motor ie it's getting proper voltage etc, the plug isn't damaged.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Not going till they bring these back Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Hilarious Post!  The concept of re-cooking taco bell is funny enough, but to see those burritos on the egg grill grate then to see the plated pictures of the burritos . . .  =))

In college I would get late night taco bell often . . . then I would lay on my futon . . . and eat 5 Mexi-Melts straight off my stomach like a Sea Otter.  TRUTH.

Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    Your egg deserves an apology and I'm sorry card!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    @WeberWho?‌
    Thanks for the kind words. Glad that y'all enjoyed my post.

@Mickey‌
    You are kidding right? The McRib is awful!!

Status- Standing by.

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    SGH said:
    @WeberWho?‌ @NDG @ Thanks for the kind words. Glad that y'all enjoyed my post. @Mickey‌ You are kidding right? The McRib is awful!!

Love McRibs. Best thing McDonalds ever made.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SGH
    @Mickey‌
    About the only thing I like at McDonalds is the French fries. They actually do a pretty good job on them.

Status- Standing by.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    love the post, still like to get the occasional hardshell supreme with sour cream, no lettuce, its the lettuce that takes me down. the most disgusting thing taco bell ever did up here is hook up with long john silver disgustafish dinners
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    @fishlessman‌
    Thank you brother. Glad you enjoyed it.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    love the post, still like to get the occasional hardshell supreme with sour cream, no lettuce, its the lettuce that takes me down. the most disgusting thing taco bell ever did up here is hook up with long john silver disgustafish dinners
    There's a reason it's called Yum! brands.
  • JenniferEgger
    JenniferEgger Posts: 68
    edited July 2014

double post

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• Eek.  Is this the time that I admit that I love their Crunchwrap Supreme?  I craved them during my second pregnancy, having never eaten them prior, or much TB to be honest, and still love them to this day! LOL.

LGE in da house.

Bucks County,  PA

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,867
    Well, at least you'll poop soon. That stuff is better than most prescription laxatives.
    There is nothing, I repeat NOTHING, that's a better laxative than a White Castle belly bomb.  Prescription or OTC.  
    I thought you needed a prescription just to walk into a White Castle in the first place.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Krystal is the late night munchie food down South.  I also have a cast-iron stomach - which helps.......some   :D  Can't say I eat fast food much anymore but do on a rare occasion.  Chick-fil-A is a staple in my house though. Does that count as "fast food"?  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SGH
    @GATraveller‌
    I can actually tolerate Krystal's far better than McDonalds or Taco Bell. But that being said I try to avoid them as well.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    A MAPP torch, lump and protein is fast enough for me ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    @JenniferEgger‌
    That's understandable. When my wife was pregnant she would crave things as well. At times it would even be for stuff that she normally didn't eat.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I humbly agree brother!!

Status- Standing by.

• Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Awesome post, made me laugh! 
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• SGH
    @Monty77‌
    Thank you brother. Glad you enjoyed it.

Status- Standing by.

• Aquacop
    Aquacop Posts: 481
    Priceless!
    LBGE 2013 Located in Savannah, Georgia