Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg vs Taco Bell

Options

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Fred19Flintstone‌ I don't know brother. I bet Taco Bell will give them more than a run for their money. It's instant toilet time just smelling them!!
    I know what you're saying.  Taco Bell will clean you out, but IMO the White Castle belly bomb is the most powerful laxative allowed by law.
    Flint, Michigan
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    As my kids used to call it, "Taco Hell".

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    Man, if they weren't dry enough, your indirect setup surely put them over the top.

Next time, I'd suggest a drip pan full of apple juice, and inject them with some Texas Pete's.

;-)

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌
    I appreciate the warning. I have never tried White Castle. I'm going to heed your advice and warning and steer clear of them!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Alright beer drinkers. Let's be honest. Maybe not still but you can't tell me there wasn't a time in your life that Taco Bell or White Castle was not the food that you craved most at 2:00 in the morning. That stuff tasted great when you were too hammered to even read the Egg thermo.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    Oh man @SGH, you have to at least try White Castle. I will agree with you that I can't eat much Taco Bell anymore but White Castle at least is good before it provides the colon cleanse.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Eggcelsior in Austin
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • SGH
    Options
    @Egghead_Daron‌
    Brother I think I will pass. I can't stand being confined to the toilet. I would rather take a beating than have a up set stomach.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    When I pledged a fraternity oh so many years ago, a small part of initiation was to eat a bunch of White Castle belly bombs.  I wouldn't do it.  They let me swallow a goldfish instead.  I swallowed it gratefully and would have swallowed more to stay away from the belly bombs.  I got off cheap!
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    @henapple‌
    That's awful brother. Funny but awful.

Status- Standing by.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Damn. That's pretty close to senior week except instead of a load in my drawers I had "insert here" with an arrow in the requisite spot and a penis on my face, all drawn with permanent marker. I even had my shoes off! Man, my friends were dicks.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌
    I think I would find some new friends!

Status- Standing by.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    My first ever cook on an egg was a hot pocket. Pm I worked with gave me an old small with no fire ring and I had nothing else to cook but couldn't wait.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Damn. That's pretty close to senior week except instead of a load in my drawers I had "insert here" with an arrow in the requisite spot and a penis on my face, all drawn with permanent marker. I even had my shoes off! Man, my friends were dicks.
    Ahhhhh!  Fun with Sharpies!  I guess that taught you that passing out first makes you the canvass for wanna-be tattoo artists.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    @Lit‌
    I hear ya brother. Most of the time the egg improves the taste of food dramatically. That being said it makes me question if what they are serving is even food. When sassafras won't mask the taste it's bad. And by the way hot pockets are actually very good cooked over oak on the egg!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone‌
    I would gladly chose the goldfish myself. How bad could it be really? We know that White Castle and Taco Bell are awful. The goldfish is probably a treat next to them!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @CarolinaCrazy‌
    You can believe that if I try them again they will be heavily rubbed and injected to the gills my friend!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq‌ said: Taco H$$L. That's a good one! A real good one!

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    @Fred19Flintstone said, "They let me swallow a goldfish instead."  Hooray for sushi! 

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• SGH
    Options
    @HDumptyEsq‌
    I'm telling you a fact that I believe I would chose the goldfish myself. At least you could swallow it in one gulp.

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options

SGH said:

@Fred19Flintstone‌
    I don't know brother. I bet Taco Bell will give them more than a run for their money. It's instant toilet time just smelling them!!

I know what you're saying.  Taco Bell will clean you out, but IMO the White Castle belly bomb is the most powerful laxative allowed by law.

They ain't called sliders for nothing!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    Options
    @caliking‌
    I guess I should ask. What is the belly bomb? Is that what it's really called or is that a name given to it for what it does? Just curious.

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    Options
    I knew them as sliders when we lived in Chicago. Ate there just once, and only once, in the 8 years I lived there. It was enough!

• SGH
    Options
    @caliking‌
    I'm presuming the belly bomb is a burger of some sort?

Status- Standing by.

• caliking
    Options
    You buy them by the sack. Little 2-3" square little things with a little wafer of a patty. Steamed. And it slides right through...

• SGH
    Options
    I googled White Castle belly bomb. Seems they are also known as Rectum Rockets as well. They must be tough on the digestive tract to earn such horrendous nick names.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @caliking‌
    Hence the name slider!!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    I am stunned that @nolaegghead‌ did not point out that they were also called Rectum Rockets. I'm impressed that he could refrain but stunned nonetheless!

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    After working overnight on a rancid walk-in cooler I don't frequent Taco Hell. I'll take the egg meal evertime. ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    I will take just about anything over Taco Bell my friend!

Status- Standing by.