Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg vs Taco Bell

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    OK, off topic, but I just learned something weird tonight.  If I whistle chariots of fire loudly, my giant, normally quiet, Bengal cat goes ape-sh*t.  Animals.  Almost as freaky as human animals. l Love it weird.
    Options
    Dang a lang, can't have no "baited" breath.  I'm gonna look for a memory-thang reader.   And I need to find an Auber Instruments stoker I have in my shop for a buddy cooking a waygu.  I'll be baaaaccckk.  Signing off for a few. :)
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Brother you and anyone else on this forum is welcome at my place anytime. I'm shocked to hear that cazzy wants to come. He seems to really have a dislike toward me. But you are both more than welcome. I gave cazzy a open invite back in February. It still stands.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    I can't be the only person here that likes these things. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I'm desperately allergic to cats, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters or anything small and furry (well, there are exceptions). Their proximity renders my lungs useless. Perhaps I should add raccoons too. A question comes to mind: does a Bengal cat (which I must admit, I thought was a tiger) make a good curry?

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    @nolaegghead‌ Brother you and anyone else on this forum is welcome at my place anytime. I'm shocked to hear that cazzy wants to come. He seems to really have a dislike toward me. But you are both more than welcome. I gave cazzy a open invite back in February. It still stands.
    How could I possibly dislike a 89 year old man who works 16 hour shifts on an oil rig, eats BBQ every day, sleeps 4 hours a day and has been dipping longer than i've been alive??  You're doing what every red blooded american dreams to be doing at 89 years of age.  Heck, you might just be my hero cause i'm hoping I am able to walk if I ever make it to my 80s.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Brother you are honestly one of the ones on this forum that I have a lot of respect for. I have respected and appreciated your advice and input. But the McRib is awful. Sorry.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Mickey‌ Brother you are honestly one of the ones on this forum that I have a lot of respect for. I have respected and appreciated your advice and input. But the McRib is awful. Sorry.

Wife hates them as well and most of all hates me eating them. But damn, I like them. No accounting for taste. Thanks for the kind words.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    @cazzy said, "How could I possibly dislike a 89 year old man who works 16 hour shifts on an oil rig, eats BBQ every day, sleeps 4 hours a day and has been dipping longer than i've been alive??  You're doing what every red blooded american dreams to be doing at 89 years of age.  Heck, you might just be my hero…"

Well said.

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - Cazzy hasn't "officially" agreed yet, but I'll drag him out there.  He doesn't think you exist.  I'm sorry to admit that I may have started that skull-fornication on him.  Hopefully I'll have a new car by then so we'll make a road trip out of it.  Day trip, don't worry, we're good folks despite our online personae.  I have to agree with you on MIckey's bad taste.  What are you thinking dude?!  I'm McDonalds free for almost 10 years now and I've never felt better.   Anyway, each to his own.
    Options
    @‌cazzy
    Im certainly glad to hear that. You were welcome at my place from day one. And as long as I'm breathing you will be welcome here. That goes for anyone on the forum. Biggrrenpharmist is coming by in a few days on his way to Florida to get some shrimp from a friend of mine . It would be great if you and Nola timed it the same. I could meet 3 of y'all at once. But again it would be my pleasure to meet you and Nola.

Status- Standing by.

• HDumptyEsq
    Options
    And to all a goodnight……….

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Mickey‌ Brother you are honestly one of the ones on this forum that I have a lot of respect for. I have respected and appreciated your advice and input. But the McRib is awful. Sorry.
    You're funny SGH - more than what you say it's what you don't say.  LOL

Love ya man. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Brother I'm still confused by the "I don't exist thing". Not sure what y'all mean by that. I invited you to Under The Oaks to meet me. You did not come. I invited everyone to come by. No one came. If they did they did not introduce themselves. I'm as real as anyone here. Try my very best to be both kind and helpful to everyone here.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - Don't be.  Take it as a compliment. 

I was planing on a trip to that area with a buddy (the whole pig cooker neighbor) to swing by the Under the Oaks benefit but we had a last minute change in plans.
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @SGH you Sir are in for a good time. Not having ever seen Nola and only having this forum to have any realization about him I was not sure what to expect a couple of years ago in Salado. But I saw he and Bridget drive up and he got out of the car. There was no question who he was. He looks just like what my mind had put together that he would look like. You are in for a good time with him and Cazzy.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @Mickey - Thanks for that.  We're basically foodies that love food; and as much as I'm misanthropic, I like a good party.
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Nola seems like a real cut up. A accomplished cook no doubt but a cut up just the same . I use to be myself.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Question for you. Yesterday there was a post titled KISS Ribs. I posted a comment and picture on there. In less than a hour the picture and comment was gone from the post. Did moderators remove it? If so why would they? Nothing offensive.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    I can't help but to picture Nola as the mad scientist type for some reason. Would that be accurate?

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @SGH - regarding the missing post and picture, I doubt it was removed deliberately if it was not offensive, and I can't imagine you posting something offensive enough to warrant that.  I'd chock it up to server backup glitch or sunspots, swamp gas or Taco Bell.  Don't worry about it, re-post it if you remember what it was.

While I'm a scientist and slightly mad, I'm not a mad (AKA crazy) scientist.  When, and if, (I hope Cazzy and I can make the trip in early October) we meet you, I'll explain all this to you in person.  Although I do have many "mad scientist" stories to tell that can't be told online (maybe the statute has run out on them, will have to consult my attorney), I can guarantee my friend that no person nor animal was hurt or injured in any of the hijinks and experiments performed by yours truly or my associates.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    It was a picture of Gene Simmons blowing fire. I thought it went well with the KISS Ribs title. Just to clarify Gene Simmons plays the bass in a band called KISS. Nothing offensive at all.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Ahh.   I believe I remember that, seem to remember it looked like a cell phone screen shot of him with tongue blood on his mouth.  Kiss has to be older than you, c'mon now, they're old.  The lead singer used to do snuff when you snorted it and it wasn't just a rip-off of the real Danish tobacco.

I kid, I kid.  I do Copenhagen snuff too.  No offense brother. 

I did cook a nice tri-tip and made mac-n-cheese for dinner tonight.  A little tip on mac-n-cheese, add dill - fresh or dry.  It really transforms the dish to a new level. 

G'nite my friend.  I'm finishing up a show and hitting the sack.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    Have a good one brother.

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    I know the dill sounds like a weird addition to mac-n-cheese, but trust me, it works.  Just try it and you'll be singing the same song, proselytizing about dill in mac and cheese.  That's what happened to me.  Whoever figured that out is probably long gone, and it's never made it's way into a cookbook. 
    Options
    I'm desperately allergic to cats, rats, mice, gerbils, hamsters or anything small and furry (well, there are exceptions). Their proximity renders my lungs useless. Perhaps I should add raccoons too. A question comes to mind: does a Bengal cat (which I must admit, I thought was a tiger) make a good curry?
    @HDumptyEsq - to answer your question about a Bengal cat making a good curry - Honestly (and I don't mean to imply anything not following the word "honestly" I write is dishonest), she's never attempted curry, and as far as I know, she's not ever cooked anything.  However she does knead bread, but not on dough as much as her mommy. 

Bengals are part wild cat.  Foxy is our Bengal and she's a lovable freak.  Sorry you have allergies.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌
    I will give the dill a try. I love macaroni and cheese. Never thought of the dill though.

Status- Standing by.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Two words for those who dip.  Tony. Gwynn.  One of my favorite ball players ever. 
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Mickey
    Options
    SGH said:
    @Mickey‌ I can't help but to picture Nola as the mad scientist type for some reason. Would that be accurate?

He was in a pork pie hat the first time I saw him, so yep

• SGH
    Options
    @Mickey‌
    Pork pie hat? Good gracious alive!! I may be making a grave error by inviting him over! ;)

Status- Standing by.