Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton livestock guardian. You won’t have to worry about coyotes tonight.
    Just to put everyone's mind at ease, I woke up this morning without any overnight coyote issues.  

My SIL has a the sweetest great pyrenees, belly rubs, puts her head in your lap, plays with our dogs, my buddys dachshund.  I have watched her chase hawks across the farm, on more than one occasion her face, front legs, and chest were covered in blood, my bil said she has brought him fresh coyote legs from time to time.  

had a 125 pound german shepard once take off after a pack once, came back with some good cuts. im sure he won but our coyote/wolves run up into the 70plus pound class. took a couple months to heal up with an infection. i hate those things, they act friendly around here til the attack
    I routinely hunt coyotes at a friend’s especially during calving season,  hurting livestock isn’t cool, especially when the ranchers depend on it.  (Still don’t know why they don’t have a donkey).  

We have a mess of coyotes in the bayou area behind our home but since it’s in the county I can’t do anything about them but they have been known to terrorize folks walking their dogs on the trails.   
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    I know I've told this before, but I was at the back of the farm a few years ago with my dog Lou and there was a coyote just into the woods barking sweetly like a dog, like a yip, almost like it was tied up. Strangest thing, ole Lou started in but I was able to get him back before the ambush. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:
    @kl8ton livestock guardian. You won’t have to worry about coyotes tonight.
    Just to put everyone's mind at ease, I woke up this morning without any overnight coyote issues.  

My SIL has a the sweetest great pyrenees, belly rubs, puts her head in your lap, plays with our dogs, my buddys dachshund.  I have watched her chase hawks across the farm, on more than one occasion her face, front legs, and chest were covered in blood, my bil said she has brought him fresh coyote legs from time to time.  

had a 125 pound german shepard once take off after a pack once, came back with some good cuts. im sure he won but our coyote/wolves run up into the 70plus pound class. took a couple months to heal up with an infection. i hate those things, they act friendly around here til the attack
    I routinely hunt coyotes at a friend’s especially during calving season,  hurting livestock isn’t cool, especially when the ranchers depend on it.  (Still don’t know why they don’t have a donkey).  

We have a mess of coyotes in the bayou area behind our home but since it’s in the county I can’t do anything about them but they have been known to terrorize folks walking their dogs on the trails.   

pretty much cant shoot them near the house i have near boston. ive had one crash into my storm door as it shut behind me getting the dog into the house. i carry a leaded police baton with me when walking the dog which isnt all that legal in mass but have not had neighbors complain. its less obvious than a baseball bat. will be seeing them soon, big rabbit population right now. they approach pretty friendly and dont spook at all and a 70 pound bushy coyote looks pretty big up close. dont have the problem in maine, toss some fish on the river bank and a neighbor will take it out
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    I pop them any chance I get……when swmbo isn’t around. Our property is near a 24,000 acre forest so we have plenty. Kind of freaky when they get to yipping and howling in the middle of the night and then you hear the pack run thru the yard. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,754
    We get em in our deer lease campground. Wake up to them in the trash cans or bed of trucks. Occasionally you’ll hear them baiting dogs around the camp…..shoot every one of em we see that we can get a shot on
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    Wookies catch Bordatella?
  • TechsasJim
    Wookies catch Bordatella?
    Hahaha, not if we can prevent it
  • ColtsFan
    I just want to give that fella a big ole squeeze 

• TechsasJim
    ColtsFan said:
    I just want to give that fella a big ole squeeze 
    He is one cool dude.   During the hurricane he never seemed to get sideways.   Loves everyone (so long as we do-but Uber protective if we don’t).   Plays all the time…or naps.  
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597

Brisket for me (not pictured) and a femur bone for the dog.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604
    I guess he thought I was a My Pillow?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    I guess he thought I was a My Pillow?
    He must've been reading your posts.   =)  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• ColtsFan
    Extended road trip test for the boy. Only about 2 hours one way. He’s a champ and ready for the 9 hour UP Michigan adventures!

• Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    ColtsFan said:
    Extended road trip test for the boy. Only about 2 hours one way. He’s a champ and ready for the 9 hour UP Michigan adventures!

God’s country. Make sure to stop by Gustafson’s, they’ll pet that boy up real good and you’ll get the best smoked whitefish. 
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    If my dog was a person, you’d like to have him in a bar fight with you. 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    If my dog was a person, you’d like to have him in a bar fight with you. 
    Not the case here, we're a beagle household, so no help with violent situations.  They earn their keep though, bunnies and other vermin don't visit our garden, they head to the neighbors.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224

Millie Nelson is chillin’ after thieving some lucky charms. 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    to chase down the possum breath?
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,224
    zaphod said:
    to chase down the possum breath?
    lol, the cereal was dessert. Got to balance the protein with carbs. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    kl8ton said:

I read all your posts in a dog voice.

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    CAAAANNNNNNNNOOOOOOONN BAAAAAAAHLL

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,012
    edited September 9
    Went camping this weekend on a river and our pup found a nice deep hole with a steady current - she loves those and just swims in place like it's one of those training pools with a current. That and the fresh air and new, interesting smells 24/7 and she's tired by days end and cuddles with our son's dog.

Not a felon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    kl8ton said:

I read all your posts in a dog voice.
    Like Scooby-Doo?

Could Astro talk (Jetsons)?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI