Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Options

Comments

• Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Hook_emHornsfan_74 Posts: 1,376
    Options
    Damn man,  I am so very sorry for you and your daughters loss.  
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,644
    Options
    So sorry to hear Ozzie and condolences to your whole family. I know this must be a tough time for your daughter 🙏
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,952
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

Dang man, that's terrible...so sorry to ready this.    Hope y'all find a way to bounce back quickly.
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,373
    Options
    thank you all.  I am grateful to have you all, helps to just get it out and share.
    No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,404
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac sorry man, hard watching your loved ones in pain.
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    This is the mare, such a great all-around horse.  Gymkhana, barrels, reining, ranch, pleasure, english, showmanship.  She was competitive in them all, and also one of the best trail horses and lazy fun day horses too.  Rare mind on her.

No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses. - Herman Melville
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,808
    Options
    That is tough @Ozzie_Isaac kids grow up fast
    on the farm. The silver lining is you have her foal,
     the mom’s spirit is with your daughter, she can use everything they learned together and pass that along to the young one.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options

The Best Horses in Heaven, They Have No Tail

by Miska Paget

The best horses in Heaven
    they have no tail.
    This is a rule they all know
    without fail.
    For when a new horse arrives
    with a short cut bob,
    they all know that this horse
    did a very good job.

His owner could not bear
    to part with her friend
    so she saved his tail,
    wrapped in ribbons
    and in braids,
    to hold with his memory
    in a very loving way.

To enter Heaven
    without a tail
    is an honor,
    a message,
    that without fail
    announces to everyone,
    far and wide
    that this horse
    was more than a wonderful ride.

But
    this horse was loved and cherished by one
    and when his time serving on this Earth was done
    he left behind
    a broken heart
    and a soul
    from which he never will part.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,339
    Options
    Really sorry to hear about this @Ozzie_Isaac
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,546
    Options
    Man, sorry to hear this Oz. Prayers for you and the family 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,736
    Options
    Condolences Oz. Always tough to lose a friend. Awesome poem above that I’ve never read. Thanks for sharing.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,388
    Options
    So sorry for your loss 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,958
    Options
    My heart is wrenching right now.  Having to put my daughter's best friend down this evening.  Absolutely soul crushing.  We have been fighting a hind end lameness (ataxia) that came on suddenly.  She continues to fall over and struggles to get back up.  Tried every test and every treatment for the past 9 weeks.  She just isn't getting better and you can see the fight is leaving her.  Had a few bad nights that keep getting worse unless she has massive doses of steroids.  8 years old and just had a colt in January.  This is the friend she talks to about everything in her life.  All the good and the bad, and now she doesn't have that friend to help her through this. Just gutted right now.  The last photo is the last time she was able to nurse her colt.

this is so hard. one thing to own a pet, its so much different when theres such a connection. hoping the young one becomes the same blessing
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words, I very much appreciate it.  Life goes on, just a little bit dimmer today.

Back to the regular scheduled fun pet photos.  Here is my little Jack who had 14 teeth removed last week. We had to put up all the chew toys for a week so she didn't tear open her stitches.  I put all the chew toys up on the table.  Lately a few have been showing up and I didn't know how or where they came from.  Well, I found out this morning.  She jumps up onto the table and gets them herself.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,404
    Options
    To be good or to not be caught?
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,830
    Options
    How many dogs are in there?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Bellavista52
    Bellavista52 Posts: 145
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac - So sorry to hear about your daughter's and your loss. I understand the feelings...soul crushing is an apt description. 
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    My niece in Midland. This is how her little brother broke his arm about 20 years ago.
  • Bellavista52
    Bellavista52 Posts: 145
    Options
    My son on his horse at TIEC. He came in 2nd in a hunter derby out of 26 riders.
    XL and Small BGEs in South Carolina
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    My niece in Midland. This is how her little brother broke his arm about 20 years ago.
    My son on his horse at TIEC. He came in 2nd in a hunter derby out of 26 riders.
    Beautiful jumpers!  My daughter did compete in local English shows, but usually only when needed for an all-around buckle …. Nothing near those levels!
  • Gulfcoastguy
    edited June 6
    Options
    I’ll take your word for it Ozzie. When people ask me about horses I say “you shovel gold in one end and garden fertilizer comes out the other “. I did have to help her once,. A horse stepped on a barbed wire fence and got a wire caught in his shoe. Wire cutters and pliers while she whispered in his ear. I guess he saw better weeds on the other side of the fence.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,640
    Options
    Tell Myles to take the camera out of Landscape mode when he uses the back camera.  :wink:  

Prince William:  Proof that White Men can't Dance

• td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,830
    Options
    That picture looks like it was taken at Tom Sawyer's Island  in Disneyland. That's a compliment not a criticism. 
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser