Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Comments

• TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 2,172
    The dude got groomed today.    Thankfully didn’t have to have the shave of shame.   

Is wearing a man bun worse than the shave of shame? I know, I know it’s your wife’s idea but we are barely into June 🥵
    Trust me, I am in your camp on this.   Don’t like it.    The groomer did it (likely to appease my wife).   I was on the golf course and didn’t have a say
    LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • Campbell2N
    Campbell2N Posts: 175
    edited July 5
    kl8ton said:
    First cone of shame:

Oh no! What happened?
    Needed to have a nail pulled.  He hurt it somehow, likely playing in our back yard.  All things considered it could be worse.  He does not like that cone though, lol.  
    They have balloon style dog boots you can stretch on to keep the bandage clean while he does his business. They were a lifesaver when my lab lacerated 3 of his feet. 

I also highly recommend the donut pillow cone even though it’s pricey. Worth it. 
  • zaphod
    zaphod Posts: 181
    my greyhound didn't mind the cone of shame a bit. She just leaned over and it fell right off. Lovely pinhead dogs they are.
    ~~
    Walk softly, leave a good impression.
    large BGE, vegegrilltarian
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    @JohnInCarolina - Beagle household here, they cruise nose to the ground a majority of the time.  Many of our beags over the years have had "the cone" and it's not happy cruising with it.
    Hope Otto mends up quickly.
    @TechasJim - Had always been curious about what color eyes your dude had. 🙂
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,446
    Dog needs reading lessons 🙃
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    kl8ton said:
    First cone of shame:

Oh no! What happened?
    Needed to have a nail pulled.  He hurt it somehow, likely playing in our back yard.  All things considered it could be worse.  He does not like that cone though, lol.  
    They have balloon style dog boots you can stretch on to keep the bandage clean while he does his business. They were a lifesaver when my lab lacerated 3 of his feet. 

I also highly recommend the donut pillow cone even though it’s pricey. Worth it. 

It looks like he stuck his foot in the wrong place.

There is an Elizabethan style collar, like a puffy blue doughnut that’s more comfortable to wear. It does cost extra though . 
    Thank you both for the suggestion.  I ordered one of the donut pillow cones for him.

I was really tempted to buy one that looks like a pink donut with sprinkles... but I just couldn't do that to my boy!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    I’ve been seeing this buck since he was in spots so he’s basically like my pet. He’s got white patches on his feet. I call him Chief Whitefeet 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,970
    May not look it, but he appears to prefer this to the plastic cone:

We’re not quite sure it’s right-sized for him but we’re going with it for now.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604

It’s hard to be sure but he seems a size smaller than my Boxer so medium to large. Hopefully he doesn’t need to wear it too long. Mine eventually learned to put on edge on a door jamb and pull his head out but by that point he was mostly well.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,493
    @JohnInCarolina our pups have always done great with, and preferred, the inflatable ones. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• TechsasJim

It’s hard to be sure but he seems a size smaller than my Boxer so medium to large. Hopefully he doesn’t need to wear it too long. Mine eventually learned to put on edge on a door jamb and pull his head out but by that point he was mostly well.
    Did one like that for the lad when he got “the snip”.   Actually seemed to enjoy it, like a pup pillow.   Definitely better than a Conehead
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,604

Did one like that for the lad when he got “the snip”.   Actually seemed to enjoy it, like a pup pillow.   Definitely better than a Conehead
    Yeah currently in a state of disagreement with the lady vet about getting the sheepadoodle snipped. My current decision is that we will talk about it when he gets to be 2. With the Boxer there was no choice. He had an undescended nad that was starting to attach to his abdominal wall. Besides that he tried to hump both females in his dog training class. The sheepadoodle doesn’t have game and besides males don’t get pregnant.
  • Campbell2N

Yeah currently in a state of disagreement with the lady vet about getting the sheepadoodle snipped. My current decision is that we will talk about it when he gets to be 2. With the Boxer there was no choice. He had an undescended nad that was starting to attach to his abdominal wall. Besides that he tried to hump both females in his dog training class. The sheepadoodle doesn’t have game and besides males don’t get pregnant.
    I have been convinced by several vets that the research says to hang on to the beans for ~2 years. Lots of studies stating spay/neuter at the previous accepted ages is harmful to ligament development and/or a cancer risk. I say this as someone who isn’t a breeder and don’t want my dogs to have unwanted litters.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191

i would have to see it on the dog and in the water =) my dog doesnt swim well with a cone.....i would put that in the car he goes to the vet with, i dont know how many cones i have at home but they seem to never make the ride to the vet when they need one
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Campbell2N
  • TechsasJim
    Can’t quite figure out how to get his whole body on the top cushion yet. 
    Now that is one beautiful pup!    Is he sitting around waiting to be worked?
  • Campbell2N
  • TechsasJim
    @TechsasJim all day every day! 
    Freaking awesome!!!!
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    @kl8ton livestock guardian. You won’t have to worry about coyotes tonight.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    Just to put everyone's mind at ease, I woke up this morning without any overnight coyote issues.  
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    kl8ton said:
    Just to put everyone's mind at ease, I woke up this morning without any overnight coyote issues.  

My SIL has a the sweetest great pyrenees, belly rubs, puts her head in your lap, plays with our dogs, my buddys dachshund.  I have watched her chase hawks across the farm, on more than one occasion her face, front legs, and chest were covered in blood, my bil said she has brought him fresh coyote legs from time to time.  
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    kl8ton said:

My SIL has a the sweetest great pyrenees, belly rubs, puts her head in your lap, plays with our dogs, my buddys dachshund.  I have watched her chase hawks across the farm, on more than one occasion her face, front legs, and chest were covered in blood, my bil said she has brought him fresh coyote legs from time to time.  

had a 125 pound german shepard once take off after a pack once, came back with some good cuts. im sure he won but our coyote/wolves run up into the 70plus pound class. took a couple months to heal up with an infection. i hate those things, they act friendly around here til the attack
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it