Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,032
    There's always a statement.

Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,513
    Crawled out from other distractions to hear and then read this.  How sweet it is. 
    "Penetration, however slight is sufficient to complete the act."  A tough road ahead but at least a foothold. 
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    And a bit of amplification-

Today, the Colorado Supreme Court agreed, ordering the Colorado secretary of state to exclude Trump from the state’s Republican primary ballot.

Here is what the Colorado Supreme Court said: 

“A majority of the court holds that President Trump is disqualified from holding the office of president under Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. Because he is disqualified, it would be a wrongful act under the Election Code for the Colorado Secretary of State to list him as a candidate on the presidential primary ballot. … 

We do not reach these conclusions lightly. We are mindful of the magnitude and weight of the questions now before us. We are likewise mindful of our solemn duty to apply the law, without fear or favor, and without being swayed by public reaction to the decisions that the law mandates we reach.”

Trump will appeal this ruling to the Supreme Court. If Clarence Thomas recuses himself — as he should, and as the Court’s new code of ethics makes clear he must (although with no mechanism to enforce it, it’s bogus) — there is a narrow possibility that the Court will affirm the Colorado ruling, in which case Trump cannot be on any state’s ballot. 

Given the composition of the Court — and Trump’s three appointees — this outcome seems very doubtful.

Nonetheless, the Colorado ruling is significant. It gives the American public a clear and unambiguous argument that Donald J. Trump’s third run for the presidency defies the U.S. Constitution.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • @lousubcap - my understanding is that, if SCOTUS affirms this ruling, it would only prevent Trump from appearing on the ballot in Colorado.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,032
    @lousubcap - my understanding is that, if SCOTUS affirms this ruling, it would only prevent Trump from appearing on the ballot in Colorado.  

...which he isn't likely to win anyway.  

Unless Trump was blocked from red states or battleground states, it's just going to be a footnote in a HS civics book that will be banned in Florida and Texas.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    edited December 2023

In the first ever use of Section 3 of the Constitution’s 14th Amendment to disqualify a presidential candidate, the Colorado Supreme Court yesterday ruled that former President Trump is barred from running as president in Colorado in next year’s election. Colorado’s highest court ruled 4–3 that Trump is ineligible because he engaged in an insurrection over the Jan. 6 Capitol riot. The ruling only references the state’s primary election on 5 March, but it may also impact the general election in Colorado next November. Trump’s campaign spokesperson said, “The Colorado Supreme Court issued a completely flawed decision tonight and we will swiftly file an appeal to the United States Supreme Court and a concurrent request for a stay of this deeply undemocratic decision.” Madeline Halpert reports for BBC News.

Trump appeared to double down on his comment that immigrants “are destroying the blood of our country,” and said he has never read Mein Kampf, following admonishments by several Senate members comparing his rhetoric to that of Hitler.Zoë Richards reports for NBC News.

Trump posted scathing comments yesterday on his Truth Social platform against New York Attorney General Letitia James and Judge Arthur Engoron, only days after having lost his appeal against Engoron’s gag order in his New York civil fraud trial.“Remember, the corrupt and radical Judge Engoron is a political hack who wouldn’t give us a Jury, wouldn’t let this ‘case’ go to the Commercial Division, where it belongs (would have been TERMINATED), incredibly ignored the Appellate Court decision that struck down almost 90% of this fake lawsuit based on Statute of Limitations, etc., and, Illegally and Unconstitutionally Gagged me and my lawyers, in a brazen and blatant attempt to prevent us from bringing vital information to the Public and the Courts,” Trump posted."

Edit to add the following:

“Nearly a Quarter of Trump Voters Say He Shouldn’t Be Nominated if Convicted,” by NYT’s Maggie Haberman, Alan Feuer and Ruth Igielnik: “Another 20 percent of those who identified themselves as Trump supporters went so far as to say that he should go to prison if he is convicted in the federal case in Washington in which he stands accused of plotting to overturn the 2020 election. And 23 percent of his supporters said they believe that he has committed 'serious federal crimes,' up from 11 percent in July.”

• Legume said:
    @lousubcap - my understanding is that, if SCOTUS affirms this ruling, it would only prevent Trump from appearing on the ballot in Colorado.  

...which he isn't likely to win anyway.  

Unless Trump was blocked from red states or battleground states, it's just going to be a footnote in a HS civics book that will be banned in Florida and Texas.

• lousubcap

"Colorado’s Republican Party said that it will switch from a primary to caucus system in the upcoming presidential nominating process if the state’s Supreme Court ruling holding that Trump may not appear on the ballot stands. Sarah Fortinsky reports ​​for The Hill.

The Colorado Supreme Court justices who ruled that Trump is disqualified for running for office due to the Fourteenth Amendment’s “insurrection clause” have been “flooded” with threats against their physical safety. Ryan J. Reilly reports for NBC News.

President Biden commented on former President Trump’s involvement in an “insurrection” on January 6th. “Whether the 14th Amendment applies or not, we’ll let the court make that decision,” Biden told reporters. “But he certainly supported an insurrection. There’s no question about it. None. Zero. And he seems to be doubling down on it.” The Associated Press reports.

Lawyers for Trump asked the Supreme Court to wait for the federal appeals court’s ruling on presidential immunity before weighing in. The filing came in response to a request by special counsel Jack Smith for the Supreme Court to expedite a decision on the question as part of ongoing litigation involving Trump’s actions challenging the results of the 2020 presidential election. Lawrence Hurley reports ​​for NBC News.

A federal judge ruled that Rudy Giuliani must immediately pay two Georgia election workers the $148 million he now owes them. Judge Beryl A. Howell wrote that Giuliani is likely to try to hide his assets to avoid paying the plaintiff’s judgment against him. Rachel Weiner reports for the Washington Post."

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,011
    I'll just leave this here.   

https://youtu.be/O93omtrnFy0?si=6GyfUdvXd1VnsC2M

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• lousubcap
  • Botch

• lousubcap

Former President Trump pressured two Republican members of the Wayne County Board of Canvassers to not sign the 2020 presidential election documents and offered them attorneys if they followed his instructions, according to a telephone call recordings. The recordings further signal Trump’s direct involvement with Republican officials to undermine President Biden’s win, as he faces counts of criminal conspiracy for election-related charges in federal court and in Fulton County, Georgia. Craig Mauger reports for the Detroit News.

Just days after he was ordered to pay $148 million after a judge ruled he defamed two Georgia election workers over false claims they interfered with votes in 2020, longtime Trump associate and lawyer Rudy Giuliani filed for bankruptcy. The bankruptcy filing shows that millions of dollars in unpaid taxes and legal fees are owed by Giuliani. Bernd Debusmann Jr reports for BBC News.

• lousubcap
    More on the Michigan phone call above from Politico:

"Last night, Craig Mauger of the Detroit News published a blockbuster story reporting that Trump tried to convince two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers not to add their John Hancocks to the certification of the heavily Democratic county’s 2020 election results — and Mauger has receipts to back it up.

The reporter got his hands on audio from a Nov. 17, 2020, phone call that took place within 30 minutes of a Wayne County Board of Canvassers meeting. On the call, Trump reportedly insisted to officials MONICA PALMER and WILLIAM HARTMANN that it’d look “terrible” if they signed. The two Republicans had voted earlier to approve the certification after they’d initially voted against the move.

What Trump reportedly said: “We’ve got to fight for our country … We can’t let these people take our country away from us. … Everybody knows Detroit is crooked as hell.”

Also on the call? RNC Chair (and fellow Michigander herself) RONNA McDANIEL, a Wayne County resident who reportedly told the two officials: “Do not sign it. … We will get you attorneys.”

As Mauger writes, “Palmer and Hartmann left the canvassers meeting without signing the official statement of votes for Wayne County, and the following day, they unsuccessfully attempted to rescind their votes in favor of certification, filing legal affidavits claiming they were pressured.”"

Not gonna change anyone's mind but very sad such behaviour  (nod) from The Biggest Loser. 

CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 

• "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    I am quite sure that is just looking for views.  But another shot into the shield of orange hair, small hands and the biggest loser will trigger follow-on pathetic claims from CHEETO.  Perhaps CHEETO needs a new perfume!
    Nice Friday present.
  • Botch
    Maybe, maybe not:

https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/body-odour.83550/

(I've been reading too many recent articles about cheeto's rapid sink into (and family history of) mental illness, which led Siri to provide the above).  

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,202
    Legume said:
    If it were me @courtlessman

or is it @lawlessman?
    I suppose it's more likely I should have been a judge....😆
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,948

Almost time to rinse and repeat ^^^
    canuckland
  • The fact that he can’t simply just wish people a Merry Christmas tells you plenty about the man, none of it any good.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380

"Expressing a message of "the reason for the season" is for losers and wimps like this Brandon fellow." says 9 out of 10 MAGA'ts.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• This is some weird chit right here:

• lousubcap
    Just as well to not know the focus group.  Clearly missing-Integrity, moral compass, constitution, can't read, insecure and little hands-at a minimum. 
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint.
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    HeavyG said:

"Expressing a message of "the reason for the season" is for losers and wimps like this Brandon fellow." says 9 out of 10 MAGA'ts.

How’s that weight loss program going, pal? Still fat, no? 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047

Biggest loser here is JIC by far but the NOLA guy trails nicely.