Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,013

Missed that part the first time; guess Traitor forgot who set that up...

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• Botch
    Tonight, Maine’s top election official barred Donald J. Trump from the state’s primary election ballot. Maine is the second state, after Colorado, to block his bid for re-election based on Section 3 of the 14th Amendment.
    That provision states that:
    “No person shall ... hold any office, civil or military, under the United States ... who, having previously taken an oath ... as an officer of the United States ... to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion ...”
    In 2016, when he was sworn in as President, Trump took an oath to support the Constitution. In the weeks after the 2020 election, culminating on January 6, 2021, Trump engaged in an insurrection. 
    Today, Maine’s Secretary of State, Shenna Bellows, wrote:
    “I am mindful that no secretary of state has ever deprived a presidential candidate of ballot access based on Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. I am also mindful, however, that no presidential candidate has ever before engaged in insurrection.”

Kudos!  

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,514
    edited December 2023
    Tonight it's Maine's choice to toss CHEETO off the ballot-
    Truth be told-I would hope that the electorate would vote CHEETO off as the LOSER CHEETO is but reality suggests otherwise.  Unfortunately, this likely emboldens the acolytes. 
    Diana Ross and the Supremes will have to finalize the whole mess. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Agree with the totally repulsive part of this friggin LOSER-clearly living in the insecure shadow of his father.
    That coupled with small hands just compounds the insecurity and thus the continuous attack, attack mode. 
    That playbook worked until the courts got involved.  Now he cannot control the message.
    As John Kelly (Trump's adult in the room from 2017 -2019) said in June 2023, “He’s scared shitless,”, the chief of staff from 2017 to 2019, told The Washington Post.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap

TRUMP’S LEGAL TROUBLES — “Trump’s bold claims that he’s immune from criminal prosecution over his efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election ‘threaten to undermine democracy,’”special counsel JACK SMITH warned the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals in a brief yesterday, Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney report.

“‘Rather than vindicating our constitutional framework, the defendant’s sweeping immunity claim threatens to license Presidents to commit crimes to remain in office,’ Smith and his team wrote in an 82-page filing. ‘The Founders did not intend and would never have countenanced such a result.’”

The big picture: “Smith’s argument sets the framework for the most crucial test of his prosecution of Trump for seeking to subvert the 2020 election, the beginning of a must-win legal battle that is likely headed for the Supreme Court as soon as next month.”

• lousubcap
    I am going to enjoy the remainder of 2023.  The clown show queuing behind the curtain for 2024 could be close to unbound-He!! of a ride shaping up. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,010
    edited January 2
  • lousubcap
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,035
    But he held up a bible that one time
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    And the evangelicals fall right in line for the clown show.  How sad.
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint!
  • lousubcap
    The beat goes on!

Dems detail foreign money to Trump businesses

Democrats on the House Oversight and Accountability Committee say in a new report that former President Trump's businesses took in at least $7.8 million from foreign entities while Trump was president, alleging a potential constitutional violation.

From the report: "By pocketing foreign states’ payments, President Trump repeatedly placed his personal financial interest and the interests of foreign wealth and power above the public interest, resulting in precisely the split loyalty between foreign power and the American people that the Framers sought to avoid."

The Hill's Rebecca Beitsch reported that the state-affiliated Industrial and Commercial Bank of China paid $5.4 million for a lease at Trump Tower over nearly three years.

The report comes as the House GOP is investigating President Biden's family's foreign business dealings, including those of Hunter Biden while his father served as vice president.

Oversight Committee Chair James Comer (R-Ky.) said, "Former President Trump has legitimate businesses but the Bidens do not. The Bidens and their associates made over $24 million by cashing in on the Biden name in China, Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and Romania. No goods or services were provided other than access to Joe Biden and the Biden network." 

• lousubcap
    From Politico Friday:

ANOTHER TRUMP INDICTMENT? — In the latest bombshell reporting from The Detroit News’ Craig Mauger, newly released emails show that former President DONALD TRUMP’s campaign “directly orchestrated” the signatures of 16 Michigan Republicans on a false certificate declaring he had won the state's election in 2020.

The emails, which are part of Michigan Attorney General DANA NESSEL’s ongoing investigation into the slate of phony electors in Michigan, show how some of Trump’s top legal advisers — including JOHN EASTMAN and KENNETH CHESEBRO, both already indicted in Georgia — quietly arranged “for the official shipment of the counterfeit certificate” to then-VP MIKE PENCE ahead of Congress’ electoral college certification on Jan. 6, 2021.

“[W]hen it was unclear whether the Michigan and Wisconsin certificates would make it to Washington, D.C., in time” for the vote count, Mauger writes, “Trump supporters, along with campaign employees, developed and executed a plan to fly the certificates there themselves.”

The emails directly contradict Michigan GOP leaders' prior public claims that the fabricated electors certificate was merely an alternate document to be recognized only if the election was subsequently invalidated by the courts.

Nessel charged each of the 16 Republican “electors” with crimes including forgery, uttering and publishing, but the new reporting raises an obvious question: Why are only Michigan's false Trump electors being prosecuted, given the evidence of direct Trump campaign involvement in the scheme?

Asked for comment, Nessel spokesman DANNY WIMMER told Mauger the investigation remains “active and ongoing.”

• JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    Too bad nothing that CHEETO does is going to move the acolytes off bottom-dead center. 
  • lousubcap
    Had an enlightening conversation last evening with a retired USAF Lt Colonel (0-5).  He is a supporter of CHEETO.  I asked him if he recalled the oath he took to "...support and defend the Constitution of the United States...".  Of course he said, "Yes."
    I then asked how he could reconcile his support with CHEETO's flagrant disregard of the same responsibility.  I got a bunch of poly speak until I pointed out that CHEETO said he would "suspend part of the Constitution" for his benefit never mind being taken to the woodshed by Putin who has roundly played CHEETO.
    Thus terminated the conversation. 
    You can't crack the friggin wall regardless of facts.  But you've keep the pressure on!
  • Botch
    lousubcap said:
    Thus terminated the conversation...
    About a third of my former co-workers, and half my family, have "terminated" here, too... 

• lousubcap
    Special Counsel Jack Smith’s team has obtained previously undisclosed information detailing former President Trump’s refusal to help stop the Jan. 6 Capitol riots as events unfolded. Trump’s former deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino told investigators Trump “was just not interested” in doing more to stop the violence and instead was “very angry” that the election was allegedly stolen from him that day. Trump was also reportedly unbothered that Vice-President Mike Pence had to be moved to a secure location, and delayed posting a twitter message to his supporters that day to calm the situation. Katherine Faulders, Mike Levine, Alexander Mallin, and Will Steakin report for ABC News.
  • lousubcap
    The landmark legal case about whether former President Donald Trump should be immune from criminal prosecution will be heard in Washington today. Trump is expected to attend as his lawyers argue that the office of the White House protects him from the 2020 election fraud charges. Max Matza reports for BBC News. Oral argument is set for 9:30 in the morning and will be livestreamed (C-SPAN).
  • lousubcap
    edited January 10
  • Botch
    "Ladies and Gentlemen of the United States of America,
    Good afternoon.  
    Our nation has suffered many incredible challenges to our Democracy over the past 256 years, but we, supported by our Constitution, have alway risen to meet those challenges, to maintain our democracy, our nation, and our Way of Life.  
    We now have an especially challenging foe to defeat, former president donald trump, and a propaganda network, disguising as a set of "news" organizations, attempting to subvert our Constitution and lie his way back into my Office, resulting in the destruction of our Democracy.
    After extensive studies and discussions with my senior advisors, I have decided to cancel this year's Presidential election, and declare myself President for Life.  Furthermore, all republican candidates in federal, state, and local elections will be removed from all ballots.  
    On the face of it, this appears illegal and against the US Constitution.  But, since I hold the Highest Office in the Land, I am immune from any crimes I may be committing.  In fact, my immediate predecessor, donald j trump, is currently confirming this in many state and federal courts, as I am speaking.  We should all thank him for blessing us with his Greatest Mind, in our time of turmoil.  
    God bless the United States of America, and Good Night."

Joseph Biden, President, United States of America
    MSNBC News, 4:15 pm EST
    Wow.  Wow wow wow!  Who expected this ???!!?!?  

• Botch
    edited January 10
    Okay.  The above quote I completely made up (duh).  But, dayam, would I love to see President Biden make this announcement, so we could see the sky above us turn from blue to solid red, completely blotted out by hundreds of millions of red maga caps being blown into the atmosphere, by simultaneously-exploding thimblefuls of trumplican brain matter.  Damn, I'd love to see Joe do that!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

• JohnInCarolina
    Botch said:
    Okay.  The above quote I completely made up (duh).  But, dayam, would I love to see President Biden make this announcement, so we could see the sky above us turn from blue to solid red, completely blotted out by hundreds of millions of red maga caps being blown into the atmosphere, by simultaneously-exploding thimblefuls of trumplican brain matter.  Damn, I'd love to see Joe do that!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 
    Pretty amazing that Trump’s lawyers basically said that Biden could have Seal Team 6 take out Trump, and wouldn’t be in trouble for it unless the Senate Democrats impeached him over it first!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Standard material from the Clown Show playbook:
    Former President Trump warned yesterday of unrest if the criminal charges against him cause him to lose the 2024 election. Trump spoke with reporters after an appeals court hearing in which his lawyers said he should be immune from prosecution for trying to overturn the 2020 election. “I think they feel this is the way they’re going to try and win, and that’s not the way it goes,” Trump said. “It’ll be bedlam in the country. It’s a very bad thing. It’s a very bad precedent. As we said, it’s the opening of a Pandora’s box.” Isaac Arnsdorf reports for the Washington Post.

• lousubcap
    And this story regarding more of the CHEETO strategy:

• lousubcap