Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,013
    I cannot stop laughing at what happened today in the trumpliican-led hearing where they tried to charge Hunter Biden for refusing to show up for a behind-closed-door subpoena, after he agreed to show up but only if the testimony was televised, but they refused.
    The hearing today WAS public, and HB showed up, unannounced!  He said he'd be glad to testify, TODAY, under Oath!  And a couple Democrat house members asked the full committee, "Let's see a show of hands, who wants to hear him testify RIGHT NOW, under Oath?".
    Oh wow.
    The trumplicans, the vast majority of people in the room, shriveled up faster than my sphincter cells at the edge of Grand Canyon.  NONE of them responded.  
    And, after that complete fiasco, the space laser "lady" took the podium, and HB and his team stood up and walked out!!!  
    Again, I cannot stop laughing!  I've just watched three slightly different versions of the story (my local news, CBS nat'l news, and PBS Newshour) and I've been howling ever since!  (surprisingly my local news had the best damning video of the three).  Beau has already weighed in, but one forum member here has already warned us about his ignorance due to his southern accent, so watch at your own peril:
    https://youtu.be/-wkryWPo0Es?si=ul3jJEz-oSY0LuIK

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,203
    Botch said:
    I cannot stop laughing at what happened today in the trumpliican-led hearing where they tried to charge Hunter Biden for refusing to show up for a behind-closed-door subpoena, after he agreed to show up but only if the testimony was televised, but they refused.
    The hearing today WAS public, and HB showed up, unannounced!  He said he'd be glad to testify, TODAY, under Oath!  And a couple Democrat house members asked the full committee, "Let's see a show of hands, who wants to hear him testify RIGHT NOW, under Oath?".
    Oh wow.
    The trumplicans, the vast majority of people in the room, shriveled up faster than my sphincter cells at the edge of Grand Canyon.  NONE of them responded.  
    And, after that complete fiasco, the space laser "lady" took the podium, and HB and his team stood up and walked out!!!  
    Again, I cannot stop laughing!  I've just watched three slightly different versions of the story (my local news, CBS nat'l news, and PBS Newshour) and I've been howling ever since!  (surprisingly my local news had the best damning video of the three).  Beau has already weighed in, but one forum member here has already warned us about his ignorance due to his southern accent, so watch at your own peril:
    https://youtu.be/-wkryWPo0Es?si=ul3jJEz-oSY0LuIK

damn untrustworthy southerners.  remember the civil war........ =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,514

THE TRUMP FRAUD TRIAL: “Trump’s Lawyers Use Closing Arguments to Attack N.Y. Attorney General,” by NYT’s Jonah Bromwich and Ben Protess: “Painting [TISHJAMES as a rogue official, Mr. Trump’s legal team argued that she had no actual evidence buttressing her claims, only partisan talking points. … Lawyers for the New York attorney general are expected to counter that the former president violated state laws by exaggerating his net worth to obtain favorable loans and other financial benefits.”

Trump spoke briefly at the trial, but Judge ARTHUR ENGORON cut him off. … Earlier today, there was a bomb threat at Engoron’s Long Island home, per NBC.  (Seems the acolytes can't handle anyone who messes with CHEETO.  Very adult-like behaviour (nod).)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    And this:
     A judge ruled yesterday that Trump has to cover roughly $393,000 in legal fees for the NYT and reporters SUSANNE CRAIG, DAVID BARSTOW and RUSSELL BUETTNER, stemming from his unsuccessful lawsuit over their big story about his taxes, AP’s Michael Sisak reports. Though Trump’s related legal claim against his niece MARY TRUMP is moving forward, his claims against the Times over their Pulitzer-winning investigation were dismissed. A Times spokesperson said the financial penalty “sent a message to those who want to misuse the judicial system to try to silence journalists.”

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,010
    There is no bottom for this guy:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Botch
    My Air Force career has taken me to most of the United States.  Throughout it all I had always been proud of my Iowa roots.  Not anymore.  

• fishlessman
    president cheeto has a ring to it =)
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Inmate cheeto sound better tho.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,948
    Resident P01135809
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    Inmate cheeto sound better tho.

the way i see it......we both could be right =)  inmate president trump playing golf wearing an ankle bracelet ;)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,035
    @Botch, Cousin Eddie was from Kansas.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Legume said:
    I've very carefully re-read the last page-and-a-half of comments on this thread, and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about/referencing.  A little help here?  :confused:  

• Legume
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    I've very carefully re-read the last page-and-a-half of comments on this thread, and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about/referencing.  A little help here?  :confused:  
    I posted this in response to one of the Beau videos after trying to watch others.  I think you took offense on his behalf.  Cousin Eddie is from Kansas, not the south.

Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Botch said:
    Legume said:
    I posted this in response to one of the Beau videos after trying to watch others.  I think you took offense on his behalf.  Cousin Eddie is from Kansas, not the south.

thats just grasping at straws, kansas is in the south, south boston is in the south for christs sake
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    When you live in Maine, I guess everything is south.

I don't even know if that's the offending comment he's posted about several times, maybe someone else posted something that actually said southern accent equals ignorant.  Beau just struck me that day as cousin Eddie from vacation.  I wonder if he's ever said "shitter's full"
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    if you ever cruised southie on a drinking night, not to be confused with the south end.......southie is an imaginary place from hell...... ;)  i believe it was said some may find his southern accent to sound ignorant, not the man in the video
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    edited January 17
    Figure this will get more looks here than the News Feed thread-

The Ruin That a Trump Presidency Would Mean

Opinion by David Frum 

Edit to add (not my writing):
     "Trump’s party is signing up for the ride, knowing exactly what the ride is. Pro-Ukraine senators are working to elect a president who will cut off Ukraine, knowing that he will cut off Ukraine. Pro-NATO senators are working to elect a president who will wreck NATO, knowing that he will wreck NATO.""

• JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    Can't argue with the above assessment by David Frum. 
  • JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    Target rich take right there!  A walking, talking genius.  Wonder what the damage control will look like...
  • JohnInCarolina
    lousubcap said:
    Target rich take right there!  A walking, talking genius.  Wonder what the damage control will look like...
    They’ll just pretend it never happened.
  • JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    Haley jumped on it today.  You are correct about the acolytes but I suspect this sort of performance moves the independents away.  That is a good thing. 
  • lousubcap
    A couple of the Sunday news shows rolled the CHEETO dumb-$hit clip confusing Haley and Pelosi. 
     Haley: Trump = Biden. Haley is using Trump’s bizarre claim that Haley was in charge of Capitol security on Jan. 6 — apparently confusing her with then-Speaker NANCY PELOSI, against whom he’s used that line in the past — to compare him to Biden. “What is he talking about?” Haley told a crowd yesterday, per Natalie Allison. “I wasn’t in D.C. on Jan. 6. I wasn’t at the Capitol. But you know what, look at Joe Biden two years ago and look at him today. That’s just what happens. We have to be honest about that.”

• JohnInCarolina
  • lousubcap
    CHEETO is such a F'ing genius...
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
    Given the R's are gonna suck up to CHEETO again, my latest hope is for a third party candidate to surface that siphons votes from CHEETO. 
    And while dreaming-the D's need to let the President "declare victory and move on."  Joe Manchin comes to mind as a formidable candidate.   
    Tuesday night in NH is gonna seal the R's fate-sad it has come to CHEETO. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    Any vote not for Biden is essentially a vote for Trump.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk