Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Biggest Loser

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,514
    I would offer that any vote for a third party candidate that would have been for CHEETO is a good thing.  Think Ross Perot and GHW Bush in 1992. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,010
    lousubcap said:
    I would offer that any vote for a third party candidate that would have been for CHEETO is a good thing.  Think Ross Perot and GHW Bush in 1992. 
    Al Gore would like a word.  Hillary Clinton, too.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,203
    nikki won the entire vote in dixville notch, maybe have the nov election just in the notch =)  every time i say we have the biggest morons running for president, the next election just gets worse.......
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,035
    Yeah, but I heard a bunch of illegals voted in dixville notch and the electronic voting machines switched votes too.  Stollen!
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Yeah, but I heard a bunch of illegals voted in dixville notch and the electronic voting machines switched votes too.  Stollen!

im betting every voter brought their valid id card........ =) the proper way to vote.
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume said:

im betting every voter brought their valid id card........ =) the proper way to vote.
    I'm not sure ID cards are part of the Abbott Bus Tours package.
    Not a felon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,948
    My favourite lunch and desert.

canuckland
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Legume said:

I'm not sure ID cards are part of the Abbott Bus Tours package.

well then i think it takes 30 days to document their residency in town after their pic is taken and attached to the ballot. i have not voted in nh in a while but from memory its something like that......in dixville i doubt its needed when you know everyone that lives there
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Did they have pie and do the whole Mayberry thing?
    Not a felon
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Pretty sure they still vote at the balsoms resort, a rich Mayberry thing.....
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,013
    I usually watch both the CBS News and PBS Newshour every night.  Tonight there were the usual bunch of Talking Heads discussing the NH primaries, will Nicki beat out trump? how will the large group of independent voters swing? blah-blah.  But nobody addressed what I consider the wildcard right now: the abrupt exit of desantis.  
    In Iowa, trump got about half the vote (as compared to his 97% vote in 2020, after his two impeachments but before his insurrection); desantis and Haley each split the remaining vote.  Suddenly, that desantis pool is up for grabs.  I've always regarded desantis as "trump lite"; early on I thought he was just as divisive as trump but smarter (scary), but after a few months I realized I was only half-right.  

So, what are the desantis voters going to do?  Are they semi-anti-woke/racist/mysogynistic/antisemite/ brown-skin/LGBTQ/you-suck-because-you're-not-Exactly-Like-Me, and give their vote to cheeto?  Or were they so anti-trump they were just voting for the most viable (until last week) candidate to get rid of him, and give their vote to Haley?  
    I'm hoping in the next day or two we see a statistic of "If you were a NH desantis supporter, who did you end up voting for, cheeto or Haley?"  But I'm not holding my breath.  
    Interesting Times.  

I'd come around, every once in awhile,

Or if I ever needed a reason to smile,

Or spend the night, if you think I should...     TR

• fishlessman
    Botch said:
    I usually watch both the CBS News and PBS Newshour every night.  Tonight there were the usual bunch of Talking Heads discussing the NH primaries, will Nicki beat out trump? how will the large group of independent voters swing? blah-blah.  But nobody addressed what I consider the wildcard right now: the abrupt exit of desantis.  
    In Iowa, trump got about half the vote (as compared to his 97% vote in 2020, after his two impeachments but before his insurrection); desantis and Haley each split the remaining vote.  Suddenly, that desantis pool is up for grabs.  I've always regarded desantis as "trump lite"; early on I thought he was just as divisive as trump but smarter (scary), but after a few months I realized I was only half-right.  

So, what are the desantis voters going to do?  Are they semi-anti-woke/racist/mysogynistic/antisemite/ brown-skin/LGBTQ/you-suck-because-you're-not-Exactly-Like-Me, and give their vote to cheeto?  Or were they so anti-trump they were just voting for the most viable (until last week) candidate to get rid of him, and give their vote to Haley?  
    I'm hoping in the next day or two we see a statistic of "If you were a NH desantis supporter, who did you end up voting for, cheeto or Haley?"  But I'm not holding my breath.  
    Interesting Times.  

Desantis votes to trump. A good percent of Haley votes will flip to Joe or not vote in nh
    fukahwee maine

• lousubcap
    The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals in Washington rejected former President Donald Trump’s bid to lift a gag order that restricts his ability to criticize witnesses in his ongoing criminal case for attempting to subvert the 2020 elections. The ruling shows the full 11-member bench, including three of Trump’s own appointees, voted against reconsidering the Dec. 8 decision upholding the gag order. “The court had a duty to act proactively to prevent the creation of an atmosphere of fear or intimidation aimed at preventing trial participants and staff from performing their functions within the trial process,” Judge Patricia Millett wrote. Kyle Cheney reports for POLITICO."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • fishlessman
    Legume said:
    Pretty sure they still vote at the balsoms resort, a rich Mayberry thing.....
    still under renovations, guess dixville had to rough it this year =)
    The Balsams Hotel in Hibernation on Vimeo

The Balsams Resort  A Wilderness Renaissance

does the voting in mayberry have a chef cater the event =)

fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    edited January 25
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Botch

• lousubcap
    HeavyG said:

Gotta give CHEETO credit- CHEETO presents a consistently thin-skinned and spineless front to all who challenge CHEETO.  The playbook never changes and yet MSM makes it seem like a big deal. Attack, attack and then deny, deflect, delay. 
    Those small hands must have presented a very traumatic childhood and beyond...
    CHEETO makes Nixon look like a saint. 
    What a F'tard. 
  • JohnInCarolina

• JohnInCarolina

• Botch
    edited January 27
    She'll never see it, but the decision makes me very, very happy.  

EDIT:  Oh, but a yuge bright side!  New djt superhero trading cards!!  :lol:  

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,807
    Botch said:
    Makes you wonder if they were trying to doctor the image so that his small hands appeared larger and things went south from there.
    Stillwater, MN
  • lousubcap
    The below is on course for self-serving CHEETO:

‘PERFECT’ BORDER: Former President DONALD TRUMP openly made his case to scuttle a border-security deal lawmakers are hashing out in a Thursday evening Truth Social post.

“We need a Strong, Powerful, and essentially ‘PERFECT’ Border and, unless we get that, we are better off not making a Deal, even if that pushes our Country to temporarily ‘close up’ for a while,” he wrote. “A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left Democrats. They need it politically, but don’t care about our Border. What is currently being worked on in the Senate will be meaningless in terms of Border Security and Closure.”

The Republican frontrunner for the presidential nomination was already lobbying lawmakers, telling them that any deal would help Biden’s reelection campaign. Some Republican senators, including Utah’s MITT ROMNEY, were incensed that Trump would try to blow up months of negotiations.

“The fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn’t want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is … really appalling,” he told CNN on Thursday.

The border deal also matters because an agreement on that is the only way roughly $61 billion in more military aid will be sent to Ukraine. Senate Minority Leader MITCH McCONNELL, who supports sending more assistance to Kyiv, said Trump’s antics have put his party in a political “quandary.”"

What a F' tard.  It is definitely all about CHEETO-he couldn't adequately address the border issue in the four years he was the head clown (🤡)  in town.  And now CHEETO wants a PERFECT border...

• Botch
    Nobody ever points out that border security and policy are constitutionally the responsibility of the legislative branch, not the executive branch.  

• lousubcap
    The MAGAt's are on it now: Good writing from Dave Pell:
    "Things all started out simply enough. A girl named after James Taylor born in the right-leaning town of West Reading in swing state Pennsylvania meets the son of a steel industry sales rep from Westlake in the swing state of Ohio (the boy is also the brother of the person who perhaps best embodies America). It was a nice, little story. At least until the Pentagon, Biden, and the NFL got to work. Right-wing media figures target Taylor Swift with absurd conspiracy theory ahead of the Super Bowl. "With the Kansas City Chiefs headed to Super Bowl LVIII, influential MAGA Media personalities have started circulating conspiracy theories about the pop superstar, promoting the deranged notion that she is part of a sprawling psychological operations plot staged by the NFL and Democratic Party to deliver the 2024 presidential election to President Joe Biden." (For what it's worth, this is the first time I hope their conspiracy theory is true.) I suppose this theory is just a subtle twist on the classic story arc: Boy meets girl. Toddler loses election. Country regains sanity."

• Botch

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,948
    Laptop here, pressed Esc immediately after clicking on url to bypass paywall. 12ft ladder didn't work.

Man charged after allegedly beheading father and posting video online

January 31, 2024 at 11:00 a.m. EST
    (Manley099/Getty Images)
    Listen
    Comment
    Add to your saved stories
    Save

A man in Pennsylvania has been charged with suspicion of first-degree murder and abusing a corpse after he uploaded a video to YouTube that appeared to show his father, a federal employee, beheaded. In the graphic video, which has since been removed, the man also went on a 14-minute tirade, espousing right-wing conspiracy theories, demanding that President Biden resign and threatening to kill federal workers.

The victim, Michael Mohn, was found deceased at an address in Levittown, Pa., on Tuesday after his wife called emergency dispatchers.

Michael Mohn’s son, Justin Mohn, 32, was arraigned at 4 a.m. Wednesday and was charged with his death, Middletown Township police chief Joe Bartorilla told The Washington Post by phone.

Justin Mohn fled the scene and was tracked down some 100 miles away by investigators who used cellphone data to locate him, Bartorilla said. “He’s in custody, so he’s not a threat,” Bartorilla said. He added that he did not think anyone else was involved in Tuesday’s killing.

In the video, Justin Mohn said his father had worked for the federal government for over 20 years and called him “a traitor.” He wore a pair of bloodstained gloves and showed a bloodied plastic bag that appeared to contain his father’s head. He also railed against immigration, the LGBT community, the Black Lives Matter movement and the antifa movement. He called for an end of the federal government and said America was being run by a network of traitors.

Bartorilla confirmed that Michael Mohn was an employee of the federal government and said police would look into the graphic video as part of the case against the son. He said he was unable to confirm whether the beheading was the cause of Michael Mohn’s death, declining to comment on the video further out of respect for his family.

When asked about a possible motive, Bartorilla said: “We don’t know yet. We have some ideas.”

The Bucks County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement that it is investigating the homicide along with the Middletown Township Police Department. It added that police were dispatched around 7 p.m. Tuesday after receiving the emergency call and found the deceased man in a bathroom.

“The victim’s adult son was not present when police arrived and left the area in his father’s vehicle,” the statement added.

The footage was viewed about 5,000 times before YouTube took the video down five to six hours later.

In a statement emailed to The Post early Wednesday, YouTube confirmed that the video was removed for violating the platform’s graphic-violence policy.

A spokesperson for the platform also said that Justin Mohn’s account was terminated in line with YouTube’s policies against violent extremism.

YouTube said its employees are closely tracking the platform and would be working to remove any new uploads of the video.

Justin Mohn was denied bail and has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Feb. 8, according to a criminal docket filed with a magisterial district judge.

Comments
    canuckland
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk