Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quick question re FBI

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,624
Read this in a news article tonight:

In the days following the search, violent threats surfaced online, with posters writing, "Garland needs to be assassinated" -- referencing Attorney General Merrick Garland, who "personally approved" the decision to seek a warrant -- and "kill all feds." Additionally, the biography and contact information of the federal magistrate judge who signed the search warrant was wiped from a Florida court's website after he too became the target of violent threats.

My question, what the F is wrong with these people?

Comments

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    Yet I bet you don't make this post if it were pointed towards Trump or a conservative Supreme Court judge.  We see this rhetoric all the time coming from the left and its always crickets. It even comes from the top democrat  leadership. Maybe I'll look back and see all the post you made when they did it....
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Unfortunately, this country is filled with angry folks on both sides of the coin. Far left and far right…..makes no difference. Worst part, both sides are guilty. And we’re just as wrong for electing them all. 
    Exactly!  Jus think about how Antifa stormed the Capital!
  • FlyOverCountry
    Options
    I admire Trump an his team for releasing the warrant with the names of the FBI agents on it!  Those guys need a knock at their own doors!  If a President’s house can be raided jus because he kept a few papers for himself it can happen to anyone!
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    Unfortunately, this country is filled with angry folks on both sides of the coin. Far left and far right…..makes no difference. Worst part, both sides are guilty. And we’re just as wrong for electing them all. 
    Yet I bet you don't make this post if it were pointed towards Trump or a conservative Supreme Court judge.  We see this rhetoric all the time coming from the left and its always crickets. It even comes from the top democrat  leadership. Maybe I'll look back and see all the post you made when they did it....
    Interesting that this was both your guys immediate response when the opening post didn't say anything about people on the right or the left, Democrats or Republicans.

Maybe we can just condemn the threats to federal officials to start?  Why is that so hard to do?  
  • Legume
    Options
    Quick reaction from the fair and balanced crowd to point out what, the crazies aren’t all trumpers? (Does that make it ok?) I’m not fair and balanced? Is this like LittlePizza’s “rule of law” copy and paste, I didn’t post about the **** spewed toward a few of the Justice’s when Roe was struck down therefore I cannot post about this?

Pretty telling to get a WhataboutWilson response instead of any defense or rationalization for what is happening.  Yes, I am the problem because I dared to ask why we have people threatening and calling for violence, civil war, all of it because…the government went to retrieve boxes of sensitive gov’t property they have had several civil conversations and discussions about before, but Trump wasn’t returning?  

Did he not bring this on himself by taking the files in the first place, then resisting retuning for months and months?  The “but it’s political” whining is amazing.  Please tell me how this could’ve or should’ve been resolved and why maga nation has lost their minds over what the DOJ had the FBI do after reasonable requests were ignored?  Trump creates conflict and then weaponizes the ignorance again and the worry is that I’m not being fair and balanced?

Your first reactions are whatabout.  My god.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    Legume said:

cult | kəlt | noun
    a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or objectthe cult of St. Olaf
    • a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinistera network of Satan-worshiping cults
    • a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thinga cult of personality surrounding the leaders

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Legume
    Options
    Botch said:
    Legume said:

cult | kəlt | noun
    a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object: the cult of St. Olaf. 
    • a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister: a network of Satan-worshiping cults. 
    • a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing: a cult of personality surrounding the leaders. 
    Cult is so easily tossed around, but that second definition hits the mark, doesn’t it.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Just so I understand this correctly - you're defending calls for assassinating the Attorney General of the United States?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Legume
    Options
    Huge compilation of “patriots”
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    can’t imagine where there all getting these ideas from 

but yeah I’m sure Nancy Pelosi did something just like this so it doesn’t count or something 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    can’t imagine where there all getting these ideas from 

but yeah I’m sure Nancy Pelosi did something just like this so it doesn’t count or something 

Why is he in the spaceballs Darth Helmet costume?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Legume said:

Seems the Greasy/Patchy beard, mullet, worn out patriot hat are all part of the uniform. Cigs and Shirts optional, of course. This is the land of the free after all.

I did notice several talk about how the 80,000 new IRS agents, fresh off their $80M ammo haul in now who is REALLY coming for our guns. Guess that is a talking point out in the big red ether these days. They all bought it hook, line, and sinker.

There also seemed to be a very large concern about the IRS coming for them. I'm going to go out on a limb and declare these patriots safe from unwarranted IRS attention.  
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • caliking
    Options

• caliking
    Options
    All these doofuses worried about the IRS coming to audit them, and there's that guy telling folks to stop paying their taxes.

Hmmm... What happens when you don't pay your taxes??

• Legume
    Options
    Another winner

• Buckwoody Egger
    Options
    Legume said:
    Thanks for sharing but also hard to watch. We are in such a weird time.  People that are easily disillusioned are also encouraged to further radicalize themselves so publicly.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    The Cen-Tex Smoker said:
    I did notice several talk about how the 80,000 new IRS agents, fresh off their $80M ammo haul in now who is REALLY coming for our guns. Guess that is a talking point out in the big red ether these days. They all bought it hook, line, and sinker. 

There also seemed to be a very large concern about the IRS coming for them. I'm going to go out on a limb and declare these patriots safe from unwarranted IRS attention.  
    The money being spent on the IRS is spread out over the next ten years, and only maintains parity in the number of personnel, 50% who are scheduled to retire within the next five years.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WildmanWilson
    Options
    Did any of you list the part where they must be willing to use deadly force? Seems a little radical for a bunch of paper pushers wouldn't you think? But never distrust Sleepy Joe and the democrats....Just go along like good little sheep.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Did any of you list the part where they must be willing to use deadly force? Seems a little radical for a bunch of paper pushers wouldn't you think? But never distrust Sleepy Joe and the democrats....Just go along like good little sheep.
    You know that has been part of the job description for years, right?

the IRS does have to enforce criminal behavior. I’m sure you know this as well. 

What I don’t understand is why you intentionally act stupid on a bbq forum. I don’t agree with most of your drivel but you seem like you have some intelligence. Yet, here you are acting like a moron. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 674
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Testing a YouTube link - Strange Brew “no point in steering now”

https://youtu.be/7qY9KtNHd0A

The pic a ways up reminded me of space balls.  Which reminded me of strange brew.  

Which reminded me of their intro movie.  

https://youtu.be/V4KTebUT6Mw

fleshy headed mutant, are you friendly?  Lol.  There could be an entire OT thread comparing the plot elements to today, as if the movie was delivered by an omniscient being to help expand our feeble minds. 

Or maybe this has all been done before. 

• AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    You know that has been part of the job description for years, right?

the IRS does have to enforce criminal behavior. I’m sure you know this as well. 

What I don’t understand is why you intentionally act stupid on a bbq forum. I don’t agree with most of your drivel but you seem like you have some intelligence. Yet, here you are acting like a moron. 
    It's not an act.
  • nealmgb
    nealmgb Posts: 70
    Options
    Don’t respond to his brainless drivel and he’ll soon be posting to himself.
    LBGE St. Louis MO
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Once the FBI puts a few holes in a few "wolves", this will fade away.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Terpderpitude
    Options
    The party of law and order, obviously.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    caliking said:
    All these doofuses worried about the IRS coming to audit them, and there's that guy telling folks to stop paying their taxes.

Hmmm... What happens when you don't pay your taxes??
    My 92 year old dad did pay his taxes. His income level is lower middle. He spent 11 months last year exchanging letters with an IRS contract bounty hunter. She started off wanting $800 or so but by the time he got through explaining tax law on his sole rental house to her he ended up owing nothing. It still took nearly a year and several days worth of his time pouring through tax records and receipts to get to that point.