Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jan 6 Hearings

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,134
    Options
    Also, can someone clarify if the snowflakes are the anonymous "dislikers" ?  Because it kind of feels like they might be...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Ok, I have two problems.

1. I'm not getting the text message/call to arms.
    2. No one is bumping my wiener. I've been self-bumping almost daily.

What gives?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Terrorist wiener bump?
    edited June 2022
    Options
    The posts on the forum do resemble a “boys club” mentality, and not so much like the adults I worked with (Engineers) at Corporate.  Perhaps that’s what Rob D meant by acting like adults? Maybe less “Twitter” like?  I put up with 4 years of complaining on here (Trump years), so it’s my turn now…get used to it.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    The posts on the forum do resemble a “boys club” mentality, and not so much like the adults I worked with (Engineers) at Corporate.  Perhaps that’s what Rob D meant by acting like adults? Maybe less “Twitter” like?  I put up with 4 years of complaining on here (Trump years), so it’s my turn now…get used to it.
    This u?

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    That's what happens when you peak in high school, then get old.
    This really did used to be a much more friendlier place!
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Did I ever mention that I worked with "Adult" engineers at corporate?  I did!  I really did!  I'm so great because I worked with real adult engineers at corporate!!  They hated me because I wasn't "engineer" material, but I touched greatness!!!!!
    Options
    Nice edit job.  I guess you realized you had no leg to stand on with the kumbayaa message?  Probably need to clean up the sig line too if you’re gonna try the high road.

You can complain all you want as far as I’m concerned, the whole “it’s my turn” thing is kind of weird, but I’ve never worked with engineers at corporate, so there’s that.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    That signature is kind of amazing.  Cognitive dissonance for the win.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,261
    edited June 2022
    Options
    That signature is kind of amazing.  Cognitive dissonance for the win.

Acknowledge the request, then ignore the request. Bold move Linen.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • CP92
    CP92 Posts: 327
    Options
    Y'all mother f'ers are just ruthless. It's almost like it's not even a fair fight. 
    Chris
    LBGE
    Hughesville, MD
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,643
    Options
    I love pre Friday.
    canuckland
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,679
    Options
    It kinda is Friday @Canugghead

Options
    CP92 said:
    Y'all mother f'ers are just ruthless. It's almost like it's not even a fair fight. 
    It’s a battle of wits, and one side is unarmed.  So you may be right.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    CP92 said:
    That's why I joined your team.  I always pick people who complement my weaknesses.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CP92 said:
    That's why I joined your team.  I always pick people who complement my weaknesses.
    Makes sense.  I think the vote was close but we decided to let you join because your back yard looks like the set of Caligula.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    CP92 said:
    Makes sense.  I think the vote was close but we decided to let you join because your back yard looks like the set of Caligula.  
    Wait…are you guys about to bump wieners?
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,639
    Options

Former President Trump’s political organization has paid for or promised to finance the legal fees of more than a dozen witnesses called in the investigation into the Jan. 6 attack. The arrangement drew fresh scrutiny this week after former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson provided damning new evidence about Trump’s behaviour on the day of the attack. Hutchinson's testimony came after she fired a lawyer paid for by Trump’s political action committee and hired new counsel. It is not known whether Hutchinson’s change in counsel led directly to her willingness to provide more detailed testimony. However, the episode has raised questions about whether Trump and his allies may, implicitly or explicitly, be pressuring witnesses to hold back crucial information that might incriminate or cast a negative light on the former president. Luke Broadwater, Maggie Haberman, Annie Karni and Alan Feuer report for the New York Times.

The two communications pointed to by the Jan. 6 committee this week as potential evidence of Trump’s efforts to influence witness testimony, were detailed to the panel by Cassidy Hutchinson, a source has revealed. The slides - the origins of which were previously unknown - both reflect conversations Hutchinson described to the committee in her final closed-door deposition, according to the source. The name redacted on the first slide was former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows - an intermediary for whom reportedly contacted Hutchinson on the eve of her March 7 deposition to say that her former boss valued her loyalty. The other slide quoted an unnamed witness, now known to be Hutchinson, describing multiple phone calls she received from allies of the former president. Betsy Woodruff Swan and Kyle Cheney report for POLITICO

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,639
    Options
    How sweet it is...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    Did I ever mention that I worked with "Adult" engineers at corporate?  I did!  I really did!  I'm so great because I worked with real adult engineers at corporate!!  They hated me because I wasn't "engineer" material, but I touched greatness!!!!!
    Carey-need to lay off the weed again.  You’re a dumba&$ lab tech for Pace.  Anyone could do your job. Pace is not and has never been approved by Doble to do DGA or PCB testing for the utilities.  You wouldn’t last a week in a corporate environment, and would be a laughing stock when you pulled up to an office on a bike with shelves!  Stick with the basic testing Pace requires, and be damn glad they give you a weekly paycheck to buy all the junk you pile in your Quonset.  You are a definite “hoarder” in the true sense. Bet you work the local garage sales every weekend with that “junk hauler” bike. You are definitely living the redneck dream in New Orleans.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,650
    Options
    Ouch.  That one is really bad.  I mean, really really bad.  Take it back bad man.  Take it back.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,650
    Options
    Btw, are you getting quotation marks at Costco now?  Somebody must be having a big sale, or are they built into your mortgage?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It is interesting how the personal pot-shots at forum members are usually made late at night when almost nobody else is on the forum.  I think  that’s what they call liquid courage.  
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited July 2022
    Options
    It is interesting how the personal pot-shots at forum members are usually made late at night when almost nobody else is on the forum.  I think  that’s what they call liquid courage.  
    Little does Little Lex Luther know that his personal pot shots are like the Earth's sun to Carey from Krypton.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Carey-need to lay off the weed again.  You’re a dumba&$ lab tech for Pace.  Anyone could do your job. Pace is not and has never been approved by Doble to do DGA or PCB testing for the utilities.  You wouldn’t last a week in a corporate environment, and would be a laughing stock when you pulled up to an office on a bike with shelves!  Stick with the basic testing Pace requires, and be damn glad they give you a weekly paycheck to buy all the junk you pile in your Quonset.  You are a definite “hoarder” in the true sense. Bet you work the local garage sales every weekend with that “junk hauler” bike. You are definitely living the redneck dream in New Orleans.
    You would be amazed at the eccentric personalities private industry will happily deal with.  If you are great at your job, nobody cares.