Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jan 6 Hearings

Options

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    What’s wrong with weed?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    What’s wrong with weed?
     Pfffft, every adult engineer at corporate knows it’s bad.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 949
    Options
    @Ozzie_Isaac

"You would be amazed at the eccentric personalities private industry will happily deal with.  If you are great at your job, nobody cares" 

You would be amazed at the 
    personalities with the eccentric privates that industry will happily deal with, if they're great at their job, and they wear pants, nobody cares.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,086
    Options
    It is interesting how the personal pot-shots at forum members are usually made late at night when almost nobody else is on the forum.  I think  that’s what they call liquid courage.  
    Bump
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    Options
    It is interesting how the personal pot-shots at forum members are usually made late at night when almost nobody else is on the forum.  I think  that’s what they call liquid courage.  
    Bump
    John-some people have a life, unlike you that monitors this forum 24/7.  Every waking minute of your life is tied to this forum & Twitter.   Such a sad existence.  If you had a real job in the public sector, you would be fired for so much internet unproductive time.  Most public companies would not put up with your internet addiction. 
    I on the other hand have a very busy day, and don’t get on the internet until I am going to bed.  Then I read you and Carey’s stupid posts, and post my remarks.  So much for your theory professor.  You are not nearly as smart as you try to convince others that you are.  Your pedigree is pretty weak.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bump
    John-some people have a life, unlike you that monitors this forum 24/7.  
    And yet… here you are.

I’m just curious: did your parents have any other children who lived?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• littlerascal56
    edited July 2022
    Options
    John- you’re a sick fuc-k with a super high esteem of yourself.  It jumps out  in your posts…you feel so superior to everyone. Your personality profile will end up taking you down.  It’s only a matter of time.  Have seen a lot of people with same personality flaw go down in flames thru the years.  It won’t be pretty when it happens, and it will happen eventually.  It always does.  
    You can always get a job at McDonalds…but won’t get to be on the internet during work hours.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    John- you’re a suck fuc-k with a super high esteem of yourself.  It jumps out  in your posts…you feel so superior to everyone.  Your personality profile will end up taking you down.  It’s only a matter of time.  Have seen a lot of people with your personality flaw go down in flames thru the years.  It won’t be pretty when it happens, and it will happen eventually.  It always does.
    This all sounds legit, not made up at all.  Oh no, I’m super worried now!   

• littlerascal56
    edited July 2022
    Options
    You might want to worry.  Heard that Duke might reduce staffing due to the recession and drop in enrollment.  They will eliminate the “overpaid” staff first, so you might want to get that resume out to McDonalds soon.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    You might want to worry.  Heard that Duke might reduce staffing due to the recession and drop in enrollment.  They will eliminate the “overpaid” staff first, so you might want to get that resume out to McDonalds soon.

Yeah.  I am guessing that you heard that from some of the same people who told you the Holiday Inn in town was completely booked for the summer with undocumented immigrants.  I am guessing all of these people telling you these kinds of things live inside of your head, because all of this is completely imaginary.  
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,568
    Options
    The latest-
    "The committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack plans to hold a hearing next Tuesday to reveal its findings about the connections between former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election and domestic extremist groups. The panel announced that the session would take place on July 12 at 10 a.m. It is expected to be led by Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD) and Rep. Stephanie Murphy (D-FL) who plan to chart the rise of the right-wing domestic violent extremist groups that attacked the Capitol and how Trump amassed and inspired them. The panel also plans to detail known links and conversations between political actors close to Trump and extremists. Luke Broadwater reports for the New York Times. "
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,617
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ^^^Dislikowart magnet <—
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,552
    Options
    I hope one of these hearings eventually addresses the "stand-down" orders from the White House to the DC National Guard; that hasn't been brought up yet.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,371
    Options
    Still waiting for Ginni Thomas to be called...
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    HeavyG said:

seems to have been swept under the rug
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    The word on the street is that Liz Cheney is blocking that.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Gotta be a lot of behind the scenes give and take on Ginni Thomas.  
    BTW- I had not heard that regarding Thomas and Cheney.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Liz is on board with getting Ginni up there….

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/16/jan-6-panel-leaders-prepare-to-call-ginni-thomas-00040208
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    Liz is on board with getting Ginni up there….

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/16/jan-6-panel-leaders-prepare-to-call-ginni-thomas-00040208
    I stand corrected.  So much for the word on the street!

A but curious, however, that she still hasn’t been called.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    This should be interesting….  From the above article 

Thomas told the conservative-leaning Daily Caller later Thursday she was open to testifying.

“I can’t wait to clear up misconceptions. I look forward to talking to them,” she said.

Options
    This should be interesting….  From the above article 

Thomas told the conservative-leaning Daily Caller later Thursday she was open to testifying.

“I can’t wait to clear up misconceptions. I look forward to talking to them,” she said.

That article is from a few weeks ago.  The latest news has her indicating that she’s now “too stressed” to testify, and her lawyer asking for additional justification.

I would bet she never testifies, because she’s kind of a nutjob and I’m guessing her lawyer is good enough to protect her from herself.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    What a line of crap from Thomas.  She wasn't stressed when she was pushing the Cheeto agenda.  When you own it, "own it and all that comes with ownership."
    What additional justification do you need?  I agree that her lawyer will be the screen.
    BTW- since lawyers are mentioned, a question I have struggled with finding a satisfactory answer for several decades, "Who lawyers the lawyers?"  
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    What a line of crap from Thomas.  She wasn't stressed when she was pushing the Cheeto agenda.  When you own it, "own it and all that comes with ownership."
    What additional justification do you need?  I agree that her lawyer will be the screen.
    BTW- since lawyers are mentioned, a question I have struggled with finding a satisfactory answer for several decades, "Who lawyers the lawyers?"  
    Other lawyers with expertise in federal crimes, most likely.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    edited July 2022
    Options
    lousubcap said:

im going to go with a lawyers malpractice insurance covers the wining and dining and payoff.  part of a lawyers ethics course in college B)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,643
    Options
    Cipollone and possibly Ginny Thomas testifying, that’s not saying they will necessarily be on tv, just that they’ll meet like the video clips we’ve seen, correct?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Legume said:
    Cipollone and possibly Ginny Thomas testifying, that’s not saying they will necessarily be on tv, just that they’ll meet like the video clips we’ve seen, correct?
    Correctamundo.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Here's what I just received From Next Draft-
    "
    Things come in bunches. Pat Cipollone, Donald Trump's former White House counsel who warned against all the crimes Trump was pushing, will finally testify (behind closed doors but videotaped) to 1/6 panel. Trump's former deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews "resigned in the wake of the deadly Capitol riot, saying she was 'deeply disturbed' by the events and urging a 'peaceful transfer of power' in a statement at the time." Matthews is set to testify at the next public hearing. In Georgia, the "prosecutor investigating the conduct of former President Donald Trump and his allies after the 2020 election is subpoenaing U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, and other members of Trump's campaign legal team to testify before a special grand jury." In the NY case, Jennifer Weisselberg is set to testify in a trial against the Trump Organization and CFO Allen Weisselberg. And as I've suggested a few times before, you can be damn sure Trump is going to announce a run for President very soon. It's lot easier to push the witch hunt nonsense and scare people from testifying if he's a candidate."