Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jan 6 Hearings

Options

Comments

• Buckwoody Egger
    Buckwoody Egger Posts: 675
    edited July 2022
    Options
    In case it is important to clarify: I’m not a political agenda type of person with party lines that tell me what to think. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,049
    Options
    In case it is important to clarify: I’m not a political agenda type of person with party lines that tell me what to think. 
    I don’t think most of the people participating in this thread look to a political party for talking points.  I’m not even registered with a party.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,500
    Options
    A former spokesperson for the Oath Keepers militia group is set to testify at tomorrow’s Jan. 6 committee hearing. Jason Van Tatenhove, a Colorado resident and former tattoo shop owner, is scheduled to appear to detail his work as a national media director for the Oath Keepers in 2015 and 2016 and what he says was the group’s radicalization during that period. His testimony is expected to focus on the role that the organization and other extremists played in efforts to overturn the 2020 election. Dan Friedman reports for Mother Jones.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Tuesday January 6th public hearing will now start at 1 PM (EDT). See below-
    "Tuesday's hearing, which the committee announced on Sunday will now start at 1 p.m. ET rather than 10 a.m. ET, will be led by Democratic Reps. Jamie Raskin of Maryland and Stephanie Murphy of Florida, CNN has learned."
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    A former spokesperson for the Oath Keepers militia group is set to testify at tomorrow’s Jan. 6 committee hearing. Jason Van Tatenhove, a Colorado resident and former tattoo shop owner, is scheduled to appear to detail his work as a national media director for the Oath Keepers in 2015 and 2016 and what he says was the group’s radicalization during that period. His testimony is expected to focus on the role that the organization and other extremists played in efforts to overturn the 2020 election. Dan Friedman reports for Mother Jones.
    If the answer involves you quoting Mother Jones, then it must have been one hell of a question! Cant' wait to see what's next. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I will give Wildman some credit, he's right when he says this has been a "one side circus"

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Useful to be reminded on occasion how for those who felt politically and socially impotent, Trump was basically a human boner pill.  
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,365
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• HeavyG
    Options
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Basically, _______________ is about to go through some things. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • SamIAm2
    SamIAm2 Posts: 1,900
    Options
    @dmchicago - are you implying that a former highly placed government employee may soon be sporting government provided clothing to match his hair color for the next 20 years? 
    Ubi panis, ibi patria.
    Large - Roswell rig, MiniMax-PS Woo; Cocoa, Fl.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Sad to say that I really don’t expect anyone whose last name is “Trump” to pay any kind of a price for any of this.  They have him dead to rights six ways to Sunday, but my expectations of justice are very low.  It’s depressing.
  • dmchicago
    Options
    SamIAm2 said:
    @dmchicago - are you implying that a former highly placed government employee may soon be sporting government provided clothing to match his hair color for the next 20 years? 

No I’m implying that there are so many people about to go through some things you could literally fill in the blank. And this would include Agent Orange 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    Options
    How sweet it is...But for the Justice Department to bring any charges against Cheeto going in they have to feel confident it is a "head shot." You get one round and you cannot miss.
    To date I am not there with taking the shot.  Of course the DOJ has much more material but if you intend to sell this to the public you need more.  Hopefully the next public hearing delivers the goods.  
    However, it is extremely gratifying to see Cheeto and his flunkies squirm.  
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Thanks to lawyers, OJ got off.  The clowns that Trump hires and surrounds himself with are a big reason he did what he did.
    Options
    Regarding the phone call deal- during the run-up to the 2020 election, I received calls that on my caller ID came across as Donald J Trump.  I did not answer but the VM was a request for $$.
    Associated but marginally related, within a week of each call I would get a letter addressed from Melania Trump.  Since the letter never passed the perfume test, I never opened one.  
    Hopefully the above has weight.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Two things that stunned me, this afternoon.

I had kind've assumed that traitor's immediate henchmen (giuliani, stone, manafort, flynn, bannon, powell, etc) were the ones communicating directly with the white supremacists, but it was traitor's tweets, directly to them, and their direct, racist responses, that I just was not aware of two years ago.  Damn.  

The second thing.  I also did not realize how intensely the right-wing media were stoking the insurrection (I only sample these sites on occasion).  

If these things go unanswered before this year's elections, I'm not confident about our democracy's survival.  The DoJ needs to grow a pair, and take action, between now and November.  Please, Mr. Garland; the republicans paid off by the ultra-wealthy (mcmcmcconnell) led to you being burned.  Please assist your nation, and take a huge personal satisfaction, by taking these traitors out.  Please.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 948
    Options
    The trumps should all be enslaved at some defunct penitentiary in upstate New York, using single edge razor blades to scrape the crusty old toilets clean. I'd pay good money to see that.
  • dmchicago
    Options

Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    The trumps should all be enslaved at some defunct penitentiary in upstate New York, using single edge razor blades to scrape the crusty old toilets clean. I'd pay good money to see that.
    All proceeds go to the US Capitol Police support fund
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • HeavyG
    Options

• lousubcap
    Options
    Rose Mary Woods rides again!
  • HeavyG
    Options

Double ruh roh if this SS story has any meat on the bone.

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    yep, that’s how it happens 

Options

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,674
    Options
    Is it just me or is this starting to sound like a movie plot?

Options
    Somewhat related:
    Here's an exercise that can shed some light on your political leanings:
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/  
    BTW- I landed here:

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.0
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

FWIW-