Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,968
    Botch said:
    Just heard about couple of gas and dash incidents. It's time to eliminate the post pay inside option here.
    Sadly, this is a very solid statement of the measures of civility between our two countries.  "Post pay inside" disappeared here years ago, even in somewhat-civilized utard.   :/  
    Haha, OTOH so far the US truckers convoys seem way tamer than north of the border.
    canuckland
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,092
    Kayak said:
    Nah.  I am somehow not terribly concerned.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Canugghead
    edited March 2022
    Another Dislike worthy post…

Given our insanely higher gas price than you folks, thankfully we don’t drive much (retired) and have two practical vehicles
    - a beater minivan used occasionally for hauling stuff, zero maintenance except oil change since we plan to drive it until it drops after 20+ yrs, zero$ insurance since it’s offset by the multi vehicles discount
    - a compact sedan
    canuckland
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,043

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• JohnInCarolina

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,217
    edited March 2022
    heating oil went up 50 cents yesterday.....i ran out today, 250 gallons is 1300 bucks. im good for another week. when the prez speaks, oil companies listen or is this just a fluke ;)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    heating oil went up 50 cents yesterday.....i ran out today, 250 gallons is 1300 bucks. im good for another week. when the prez speaks, oil companies listen or is this just a fluke ;)
    Maybe yes, maybe no.  Who knows anything anymore.  It is what it is.  Why do people post answers that aren't answers?  And rhetorical questions, what's the point? Gives us something to do.

Maybe yes, maybe no.  Who knows anything anymore.  It is what it is.  Why do people post answers that aren't answers?  And rhetorical questions, what's the point? Gives us something to do.

im just pissed that heating oil is costing so much, not so much that the drop of russian oil i maybe bought cost me 125 dollars
    fukahwee maine

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Another Dislike worthy post…

Given our insanely higher gas price than you folks, thankfully we don’t drive much (retired) and have two practical vehicles
    - a beater minivan used occasionally for hauling stuff, zero maintenance except oil change since we plan to drive it until it drops after 20+ yrs, zero$ insurance since it’s offset by the multi vehicles discount
    - a compact sedan
    All is well, 'cept for the price of gas. Hit $2.169CDN/L (About $6.40US/G).
    Like you, we thankfully don't have to drive much. Pre-Omicron the border was open without a stupid PCR test for about three weeks. On December 8th, 2021 we made a Costco run to Bellingham WA, squeezed every drop of gas I could into the 136L tank on the truck, gas was $3.299US/G, ours was $1.569CDN/L or about $4.63US/G. Still burning that $1.10CDN/L gas. 
    Hard to believe that December 2021 was the good old days!
    Some folks are screaming about too much tax on motor fuel and want the BC government to cut it back. Actually, the total tax is $0.57/L (provincial, regional, federal and GST) and it hasn't changed for almost a year. On the bright side, my oil stocks are doing very well. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    My eyes light up every time someone tries to explain how the Keystone pipeline would have prevented this. 

Or is it glaze over?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,573
    @Skiddymarker Great to see you here.  I won't get into the gas issue but I would be happy to tar and feather all the MLB  owners (I assign much more blame to them than the players this round) for hosing up the MLB season.  I am fairly confident a settlement will be reached but in the end game the fans (or those who still are) end up with the short end of the stick-like that's a revelation.
    Regarding the last two + years-I'm running out of those to waste.
    Stay healthy and safe out there-
    Go A's-
    Cap
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

• fishlessman

looks like the trump train has finally been slowed down, the brakes have been applied and its screeching to a halt.  what does this chart say to you :D
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina

looks like the trump train has finally been slowed down, the brakes have been applied and its screeching to a halt.  what does this chart say to you :D
    Somehow I am not surprised this is your take.  
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,349
    Article commenting on the seven states that may feel the most impact from higher gas prices.  Simplified (maybe cherry-picked) criteria for the data, average miles driven and most popular vehicle in each state.  I wish the author had listed the numbers for all 50 states instead of just seven.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,208
    lousubcap said:
    @Skiddymarker Great to see you here.  I won't get into the gas issue but I would be happy to tar and feather all the MLB  owners (I assign much more blame to them than the players this round) for hosing up the MLB season.  I am fairly confident a settlement will be reached but in the end game the fans (or those who still are) end up with the short end of the stick-like that's a revelation.
    Go A's-
    Cap
    This makes my blood boil.  I might start watching hockey or cricket.  I am very angry with MLB owners right now.  I usually watch 100+ games a year and try to go to a few in person.  Not this year.

Maybe your purpose in life is only to serve as an example for others? - LPL

• Canugghead
    dbCooper said:
    Article commenting on the seven states that may feel the most impact from higher gas prices.  Simplified (maybe cherry-picked) criteria for the data, average miles driven and most popular vehicle in each state.  I wish the author had listed the numbers for all 50 states instead of just seven.
    Top six states have something else in common, not just the F series.
    canuckland
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,502
    lousubcap said:
    Go A's-
    Cap
    This makes my blood boil.  I might start watching hockey or cricket.  I am very angry with MLB owners right now.  I usually watch 100+ games a year and try to go to a few in person.  Not this year.
    I’ve got news for you on the hockey front, the owners of the Coyotes are pretty terrible and will be playing in a college arena for the foreseeable future because they can’t pay bills. Maybe cricket is a good idea. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Ozzie_Isaac
    There have been a lot of discussions on how much an individual World leader can impact oil prices.

I would like to point out, no matter your beliefs, it is clear that Putin has singlehandedly increased the cost of oil substantially.

• fishlessman
    the kelly blue book wants to know if the tanks full or not......
    fukahwee maine

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Yeah, that isn't funny anymore.  After I filled up yesterday, I started driving very cautious.  I do not a a "full fuel tank" rider on my insurance policy.

• fishlessman
    Yeah, that isn't funny anymore.  After I filled up yesterday, I started driving very cautious.  I do not a a "full fuel tank" rider on my insurance policy.

dont use locking gas caps on the trucks that are left outside, the fill was destroyed a while back on one of mine for maybe 3 gallons of gas. i probably would have lost the catalytic as well but it was an older truck pre-catalytic
    fukahwee maine