Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,625

looks like the trump train has finally been slowed down, the brakes have been applied and its screeching to a halt.  what does this chart say to you :D
    The amazing thing about averages you start with the previous low add the quantities for all of the 4 years and divide by 4 . Or in this case you start with a previous high and divide it by one. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,217

looks like the trump train has finally been slowed down, the brakes have been applied and its screeching to a halt.  what does this chart say to you :D
    The amazing thing about averages you start with the previous low add the quantities for all of the 4 years and divide by 4 . Or in this case you start with a previous high and divide it by one.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman

Ok
    Then next year ad anegitive number and divide by 2

fukahwee maine

• HighHeat
    HighHeat Posts: 221
    It's great that the POTUS is no longer responsible for anything happening in our Country now.  FWIW, us brown and black people are affected worse by higher gas prices than you privileged white people.
    Memphis, TN
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051

Well, I’ve read it three times now and I still don’t understand what is amazing about averages.  My average amount of understanding of this stands at zero.
    Not a felon
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,092
    Legume said:

Well, I’ve read it three times now and I still don’t understand what is amazing about averages.  My average amount of understanding of this stands at zero.
    I think the point is supposed to be that an average diminishes just how awesome Trump was, because it hides how he had to start from Obama’s low numbers, or some such BS.

Meanwhile these clowns haven’t put together that most of Biden’s term overlaps with a global pandemic.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Legume said:

I think the point is supposed to be that an average diminishes just how awesome Trump was, because it hides how he had to start from Obama’s low numbers, or some such BS.

Meanwhile these clowns haven’t put together that most of Biden’s term overlaps with a global pandemic.
    Something in that line. The last year of Obama's reign was relatively low. The first, second, and third year of under Trump were on an upward climb. 2020 was when the plague hit and later in that year new drilling started to diminish because of Covid restrictions but the wells drilled during his administration were still producing. It will take another couple of years before the new wells start to dry out. Biden couldn't do much to diminish production from the existing wells but restricting production should show up in years 2, 3, and 4. 

Now if you want to show the yearly production rather than a term average we might be better able to compare. 

Is that clearer?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Legume said:

Something in that line. The last year of Obama's reign was relatively low. The first, second, and third year of under Trump were on an upward climb. 2020 was when the plague hit and later in that year new drilling started to diminish because of Covid restrictions but the wells drilled during his administration were still producing. It will take another couple of years before the new wells start to dry out. Biden couldn't do much to diminish production from the existing wells but restricting production should show up in years 2, 3, and 4. 

Now if you want to show the yearly production rather than a term average we might be better able to compare. 

Is that clearer?
    Crystal:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/mar/09/facebook-posts/oil-production-bidens-first-year-par-trump/
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,573
    In the old days the mantra was " give me a pen and give me the answer you want and I can find the numbers to support it."  The consultants and spin doctors made this a profession.  No different today, just more numbers quicker and with a gullible better "pedigree." 
    Take it all with more grains of salt-
    I do have a lawn! B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Interesting how Florida governors don't catch any heat for maintaining the moratorium on drilling, even though Florida has some of the lowest hanging fruit in terms of extraction cost.
    Interesting how Florida governors don't catch any heat for maintaining the moratorium on drilling, even though Florida has some of the lowest hanging fruit in terms of extraction cost.
    True, I said at the time that they should at least put up offshore windmills on both sides of Florida.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Yes and I agree with those people if their car doesn’t have more than 4 cylinders. If you are going to burn gas it has to come from somewhere. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,043

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051

I haven’t seen gas lines in a while, but there were about 30 cars waiting for 12 spots.  Didn’t take too long.
    Not a felon
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,043
    Think I'd heard crude dropped ~$30/barrel over the last couple days.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    If you’re not on the Nextdoor app I suggest you get on it for comical reasons. The threads on Costco gas go sideways super fast. I would never wait in the lines we have here to save the money with lower prices because my time is worth more than that. I also can’t go at 9pm because I get up at 3:45am, not to mention the need to drive to/from Costcos near me versus the Shell around the corner that I saved $1 per gallon at using grocery rewards earlier this week.

The bickering about how much people save vs waste time is hilarious though and I gotta say I’m more in the not worth my time camp. Then there’s the dunces who claim it’s subpar gas and as someone who’s family has been building gas stations for over 50 years I can say they are absolutely wrong. Kirkland gas is “top tier.” You literally can’t buy “crappy” gas in the US but you can get a tank of tainted gas which is rare. 

Just like the primates at the zoo, humans have perfected flinging poo.
  • JohnInCarolina

• fishlessman
      it happened, 5 bucks for regular this morning. 10 cent discount if i install a safe in the truck and carry cash

fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Officer, why are you taking all my cash?

It's called civil forfeiture, sir.  You are probably buying drugs.

No, I'm trying to get a 10 cent discount filling up my tank, man.
    Officer, why are you taking all my cash?

It's called civil forfeiture, sir.  You are probably buying drugs.

No, I'm trying to get a 10 cent discount filling up my tank, man.

baby eels in maine go 2000-3000 bucks a pound in maine, i can just tell them i went fishing. you pay people with guns to watch your back while fishing and you pay them well
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    so much must have changed yesterday. up 30 cents across the board yesterday for gas, down 20 cents today. part of the game......
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    so much must have changed yesterday. up 30 cents across the board yesterday for gas, down 20 cents today. part of the game......
    Haven’t oil prices dropped down to back below $100 a gallon?  Somebody is making some money at the expense of everyone else here.
  • fishlessman
    Haven’t oil prices dropped down to back below $100 a gallon?  Somebody is making some money at the expense of everyone else here.

BP seems to be the worst here, seems they keep rising to get other places to follow. sunoco lowered the flow rate out of the nozzle to look like they are the busiest, it takes around 20 minutes to fill up there so sending trucks there is no bargain at all. games all around
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Half gallon of milk at the gas station was 3.79......they really know how to spike prices
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    starting price on baby lobsters this morning in maine at the local pound...15.99/pound,  thats scary.   that was 8 bucks last year and 4.99 the year before
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    starting price on baby lobsters this morning in maine at the local pound...15.99/pound,  thats scary.   that was 8 bucks last year and 4.99 the year before
    What's the MPG on a tank full of those critters?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    dmchicago said:
    What's the MPG on a tank full of those critters?

i would say 20 gallons diesel per hour on a maine eastern style lobster boat but that may be low
    fukahwee maine