Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,625
    Did you hear that Tesla is putting out an electric bike? That could handle a lot of transportation needs. For instance cross campus transportation at Duke. My dentist rides a different type of electric bike to work.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,217
    heading back to new england with some oranges. walking is good and i like my orange juice in the mornings

Senior Man Pushing Wheelbarrow Filled with Oranges Stock Image - Image of  food vertical 27272687

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,380
    I love stock photography!
    Imagine the agency meeting where the suggestion was that someone might need an image of - man/wheelbarrow/citrus - with separate images where the wheelbarrow contains lemons or limes instead of oranges cuz...you just never know which one the potential client might want.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• fishlessman
    HeavyG said:
    I love stock photography!
    Imagine the agency meeting where the suggestion was that someone might need an image of - man/wheelbarrow/citrus - with separate images where the wheelbarrow contains lemons or limes instead of oranges cuz...you just never know which one the potential client might want.

does this agency have a suggestion box.  i need a pic and or video of someone skipping an at&t cell phone across the pond
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    couldnt find one last time

fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,092
    Did you hear that Tesla is putting out an electric bike? That could handle a lot of transportation needs. For instance cross campus transportation at Duke. My dentist rides a different type of electric bike to work.

I didn’t hear about the Tesla bike.  The Duke students use all sorts of things to get around, like those electric scooters and whatnot.

I just walk.  The longest I ever have to walk is 15 minutes.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Gulfcoastguy

I didn’t hear about the Tesla bike.  The Duke students use all sorts of things to get around, like those electric scooters and whatnot.

38 years ago I lived a couple of miles off campus for 2 semesters. My previous newspaper delivery 10 speed got a second life. 
    The Tesla bike folds for more compact storage.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,092

38 years ago I lived a couple of miles off campus for 2 semesters. My previous newspaper delivery 10 speed got a second life. 

Interesting - I didn't know that.  It's a beautiful campus, we're very fortunate that way.   Although bike lanes just off campus are minimal to non-existent.  You're pretty much taking your life into your own hands on some roads.  

The e-bikes are pretty cool these days.  A lot of options out there.  It'll be interesting to see what Tesla comes up with. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman

will it also explode like a lithium bomb
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy

will it also explode like a lithium bomb
    No it will just slowly irradiate your nads so that offspring only cook with gassers.
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    edited May 2022
    Kansas common crude hit $108/bbl today!  Have never seen it that high.  Most of the wells are pumping at full capacity, and we have a lot of drilling rigs on sites statewide. Just got to keep government out of the way.
    Same goes for wheat prices here. 2022 is going to be a bumper crop over most of the state by July.  40 bushels/per acre will be the norm, and a little higher in the East that received more rainfall. Cash flow is good.  Ford dealers are selling pickups & trucks for WAY over sticker prices, and can’t get them in fast enough.  Housing costs are at record prices, and low inventory. Lots of oil money in this area.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Kansas common crude hit $108/bbl today!  Have never seen it that high.  Most of the wells are pumping at full capacity, and we have a lot of drilling rigs on sites statewide. Just got to keep government out of the way.
    Same goes for wheat prices here. 2022 is going to be a bumper crop over most of the state by July.  40 bushels/per acre will be the norm, and a little higher in the East that received more rainfall. Cash flow is good.  Ford dealers are selling pickups & trucks for WAY over sticker prices, and can’t get them in fast enough.  Housing costs are at record prices, and low inventory. Lots of oil money in this area.
    Yes, Brandon works in mysterious ways.
    5.69 a gallon for regular at the bp around the corner, starting to think they dont want to sell gas.   something new, im seeing most people just put a few gallons in the tank, not filling up
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    5.69 a gallon for regular at the bp around the corner, starting to think they dont want to sell gas.   something new, im seeing most people just put a few gallons in the tank, not filling up
    You can’t spend money that you don’t have. Happens every gas spike. More like $4.20 around here but we have oil wells, refineries, and a low state gas tax last raised in 1987, 18.5 cents per gallon I believe.
  • nolaegghead
     Credit cards 
     Credit cards 
    Circling the drain.
  • HeavyG

We all know that most EU nations have a lot of taxes built in to their cost but if you compare this UK graph of gas prices with one for the US my guess is that the trends are very similar.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Gulfcoastguy
    True because gas is a world commodity. Production cuts in one or two countries can raise prices worldwide. If you don’t have any oil in your country at all then you have to add shipping costs to the retail price.
  • nolaegghead
    But you have extraction costs which can vary between $5 and $50 a barrel.
    $208.55 to fill er up today
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,051
    edited May 2022
    kl8ton said:
    $208.55 to fill er up today

$90 for me, no idea what the price was but it probably took 20-21 gallons.  I guess I could figure that out but I’m preoccupied with calculating the airspeed of a new bge spark screen.

Should we have a thread on the price of a postage stamp? Those little sumbitches keep going up.
    Not a felon
  • HeavyG
    Postage stamps...how quaint.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,573
    Perhaps the stock price of Vaseline??  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    lousubcap said:
    Perhaps the stock price of Vaseline??  B)
    Wanna talk about toilet paper?

:D 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,043
    Legume said:
    Should we have a thread on the price of a postage stamp? Those little sumbitches keep going up.
    Before USPS's last price hike (couple years ago and quite steep) I bought two rolls of "Forever" stamps.  I pay most bills via intranetz, but a few questionable accounts (whom I don't want to give my CC information to (lawn care, home massage WHE, Utah State Tax Commission)) I still pay via check/USPS.  
    Hopefully those two rolls last just a couple weeks longer than I do.  

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• nolaegghead
    Ideally, you run out of money at the same time your body buys the farm.
    edited June 2022
    Love it!  I own 10% of a big ethanol plant just down the road.  And I was involved in the construction of 6 huge ethanol plants in Kansas.  Most of the gas pumps in the state are standard 10% ethanol, but we also offer E85 for vehicles that will burn it.  Lots of corn crops go from the field direct to these huge ethanol plants, vs going to the feedlots for cattle.  Biden subsidies make it more profitable to make alcohol than rib-eyes! But it makes The Dems feel more “green” by promoting corn/ethanol production. If the government quit subsidizing ethanol, it would not be worth the expense to produce it.  But that will prolly never happen in our lifetimes!