Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hows those gas prices

Options

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,188
    Options

Normally my horses cost way more than my cars.  Now, not so much
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,188
    Options
    Legume said:
    kl8ton said:
    $208.55 to fill er up today

$90 for me, no idea what the price was but it probably took 20-21 gallons.  I guess I could figure that out but I’m preoccupied with calculating the airspeed of a new bge spark screen.

Should we have a thread on the price of a postage stamp? Those little sumbitches keep going up.
    I invested $10k in forever stamps on the first go-round.  I plan to sell them for a tidy profit nearer to retirement.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,827
    Options
    the pricey bp station around the corner shut down the advertising price sign out front........#newtacticatthepumps
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,518
    Options
    Ozzie_Isaac said:
    I invested $10k in forever stamps on the first go-round.  I plan to sell them for a tidy profit nearer to retirement.
    You'd better hope Biden gets his butt in gear and replaces deJoy before '24, or those stamps will be worth bitcoins.   ;)   

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • fishlessman
    Options
    6.29 at bp for premium this morning, hunter must be heavily invested :D
    fukahwee maine

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,050
    Options

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    joes gas tax holiday, trump never gave me that. its like finding 3 bucks in my pocket every week.....what to buy....what to buy,  probably not going to happen anyways but i can dream
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    The gas tax holiday is bullsh!t
    Options
    The gas tax holiday is bullsh!t
    I loved playing Kick-the-Can as a kid, not so much while adulting.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    As a former road construction engineer for a DOT, I oppose this. The gas tax holiday either means more delayed road maintenance or the funds to replace it will be stolen from other agencies. I have seen this on a State level. Delayed maintenance drastically increases the cost of future maintenance and will create dangerous and likely fatal road failures. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the Biden White House understands the gas tax holiday is BS as a matter of policy.  This would be a political move.  I'm not justifying it, just explaining what the likely motivation is.  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,518
    Options
    As a former road construction engineer for a DOT, I oppose this. The gas tax holiday either means more delayed road maintenance or the funds to replace it will be stolen from other agencies. I have seen this on a State level. Delayed maintenance drastically increases the cost of future maintenance and will create dangerous and likely fatal road failures. 
    Totally agree.  I also disagreed with the President tapping our strategic reserves, with putin threatening to start WWIII.  Dumb.  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• fishlessman
    Options
    you guys are squashing the 3 dollar per week dream........
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,636
    Options
    I think Desantis just put FL tax on a holiday for gas, diapers and other stuff, although the gas tax doesn’t click in until October.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    well if you are adding fed and fl state tax, thats 62 cents a gallon. thats enough for a big mac meal
    fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    to offset the income from the lost gas tax, we propose to double the tolls....increase the tolls during prime hours.....make the new tolls mobile so we can cash in on you finding alternate routes....and add speed cameras for ticketing.   none of this will go to fixing the roads.......
    fukahwee maine

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,636
    Options
    well if you are adding fed and fl state tax, thats 62 cents a gallon. thats enough for a big mac meal
    I think DeSantis is betting the gas price gets some relief before October and could roll that back.  Meanwhile he gets political credit for doing that now ahead of Biden and he gets to collect gas tax through the summer which is when everyone is driving.  And no tax on diapers and hurricane supplies - that’s got to be popular, right?
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:
    I think DeSantis is betting the gas price gets some relief before October and could roll that back.  Meanwhile he gets political credit for doing that now ahead of Biden and he gets to collect gas tax through the summer which is when everyone is driving.  And no tax on diapers and hurricane supplies - that’s got to be popular, right?

dump the donald....vote for ronald
    fukahwee maine

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    Legume said:

You laugh but that’s a distinct possibility. In 2024 Donald will be about 80. If you add a possible 8 years of presidency cognitive decline like unnamed other in that age bracket is a statistical certainty. I told my Dad this past weekend that I really only wanted to vote for someone in their 50s or maybe late 40s. The policies that they endorse is a separate matter.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Legume said:

You laugh but that’s a distinct possibility. In 2024 Donald will be about 80. If you add a possible 8 years of presidency cognitive decline like unnamed other in that age bracket is a statistical certainty. I told my Dad this past weekend that I really only wanted to vote for someone in their 50s or maybe late 40s. The policies that they endorse is a separate matter.
    I don't believe the left can stop the Ronald....
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    DeSantis is a lying criminal, perfect solution for republicans who want a lying criminal but don’t think Trump will be running because jail or health.
    Options
    DeSantis is a lying criminal, perfect solution for republicans who want a lying criminal but don’t think Trump will be running because jail or health.
    Beats being a segregationist.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Beats being a segregationist.
    Who is the segregationist?