Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Your One Memorable Cook For 2021

Options
I'm interested in seeing/hearing what a memorable cook might have been for you this year. This doesn't have to be your favorite or best looking cook but something that might stick out from others. 

I'll start out. Nothing fancy but just some chicken thighs and macaroni on a smoker that I ended up restoring for its first cook. We had family and friends over making it a special day that stood out.  

Do you guys/gals have any meals that stick out for you?
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    ^^^^^nice ^^^^^
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Umm, @WeberWho, you failed to mention the Frozen cupcakes…..Memorable for 2021, SRF wagyu brisket for Father’s Day. Got it all the way to FTC, played 9 holes of golf….then enjoyed dinner with my dad and the rest of our family 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    It would be hard to narrow it down to just one but I remember a few of @caliking cooks.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Memorable , appreciate the competition cooks are back, really missed everyone…when my kids come help, it’s even better 

I really like that topper 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ColtsFan said:
    My first KCBS comp cook. Fun in a lot of ways. PITA in others. 

That's a great looking turn-in box.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    maybe not so much a cook as that after I moved to Basehor KS, my local Ace had BGE XL on sale, $70 off with mates.
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    caliking said:
    ColtsFan said:
    My first KCBS comp cook. Fun in a lot of ways. PITA in others. 

That's a great looking turn-in box.
    Thank you!
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    This one:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1227699/lahmacun-steak-sando-fusion/p1

That was so fahkin good I really need to make them again.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My most memorable, was a brisket I cooked for a neighborhood get-together. Not that it was exceptional, just that all of the heck I caught from my family, because I offered leftovers to the neighbors, leaving us none.

Typically they are generous and have beautiful hearts, except when it comes to brisket (or perhaps that brisket?). Whatevs. I still hear about it, every time I light up the egg to cook anything.

They can turn on you quick, is all I am saying.

Beware of the spoiled.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I would have to nominate the Beef Wellington I did for New Year's Day, which is also our wedding anniversary. Both the meal and the occasion were memorable. I can't think of how I can possibly top it next month.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    Some come to mind. The shrimp and chorizo fundido for Christmas 3 years ago, one or two of the spatchcock turkeys I made for Christmas, the peach preserved St. Louis ribs. But my favorite was marinating some pork tenderloins wit South Florida wet rub and then teaching my nephew how to cook  them.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Memorable for the wrong reason.  No pics as it was salvageable but only around 50%  quantity.  Pork belly burnt ends done on my Pit Barrel using the grill rack (first and last time going the route).  LBGE was on the pork butt, SBGE was volunteered to do some bacon wrapped shrimp so away I went.  Definitely left them on too long for the glaze set up.  Tossed the crunchy bites and there were too many.  F' me.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options

Beauty love the racing style cook 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian