Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What Are You Chef-ing Tonight, Dr?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,080
    Options
    Had some leftover kielbasa from the weekend.  Decided to try making kielbasa, onion, and egg fried rice:

Pretty good!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,555
    edited May 7
    Options
    JFC- what a banquet and a Monday.  You two are continuing to push the envelope.  As it should be with the talents.  As Uma would say-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2_vbou3kxE
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,695
    Options
    ^^^Words can’t describe that plate^^^ I’d absolutely embarrass myself with a plate of that!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,393
    Options
    @Dyal_SC

Beautiful. Bet the twins tucked in hard!
  • poster
    poster Posts: 1,174
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Burritos with queso. On the fancy china.

Details please
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @Dyal_SC - what a banquet.  Rolled in hot right there.  Congrats.  Impressive at a minimum.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 384
    Options
    Love the china. Is it dishwasher safe?
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,074
    Options
    No @Corv … They unfortunately are not dishwasher safe. Classy pieces such as these - you generally have to wash by hand.  
  • Corv
    Corv Posts: 384
    Options
    Dishwashers don't have enough settings. Besides the usual "heavy" they need something like "delicate," to accommodate this sort of china. Maybe just chuck it in the clothes washer with other delicates....
    Somewhere on the Colorado Front Range
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,842
    Options
    just let the dog lick it clean.....good to go
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 846
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx guys. Simple but good. @poster , Ground beef with sofrito, extra garlic, beef broth and seasoned salt. Cilantro lime rice, the meat, black beans, cheese…. Then stuffed, seared to seal and topped with white queso. 
    If you made the queso - interested in the recipe.  I’ve been trying to replicate the queso blanco of our local Mexican restaurant for years and can’t even get close. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,246
    edited May 9
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    Thx guys. Simple but good. @poster , Ground beef with sofrito, extra garlic, beef broth and seasoned salt. Cilantro lime rice, the meat, black beans, cheese…. Then stuffed, seared to seal and topped with white queso. 
    If you made the queso - interested in the recipe.  I’ve been trying to replicate the queso blanco of our local Mexican restaurant for years and can’t even get close. 
    Try lower grade ingredients. I’m not joking or being a smartass. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,074
    Options
    @FarmingPhD , this was just the store bought tub in the cheese section that you nuke in the microwave, stir and repeat.  I don’t think I’ve ever had anything of better quality, so maybe I don’t know what I’m missing out on. But I figure it’s sorta like American cheese for grilled cheese sandwiches or burgers. Sometimes simpler is good. If anything I think the Mexican joints in my neck of the woods water the queso down a bit.  

I never use the non refrigerated Tostitos queso though or the canned junk. Don’t care for those. I don’t remember the brand of this one, but it’s always refrigerated in the dairy section. 
  • FarmingPhD
    Options
    Thanks @Dyal_SC, Sam’s carries one that’s pretty good that comes out of the refrigerated section that we’ve tried. 
    @DoubleEgger I’ve been down the cheap and more expensive route.  I do think it’s a blend with white American, but there’s at least one other cheese in there.  It’s perfectly mild and does not taste like American cheese.  I should just ask, they may tell me or I’ll find out it is some pre made stuff that comes in a 5 gal bucket 😂
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Thanks @Dyal_SC, Sam’s carries one that’s pretty good that comes out of the refrigerated section that we’ve tried. 
    @DoubleEgger I’ve been down the cheap and more expensive route.  I do think it’s a blend with white American, but there’s at least one other cheese in there.  It’s perfectly mild and does not taste like American cheese.  I should just ask, they may tell me or I’ll find out it is some pre made stuff that comes in a 5 gal bucket 😂
    It just might be the elusive three cheese blend. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,549
    Options

Gah.  If that Masterpiece is ever commercialized I must kill the master breaker, fill my house with gas and leave this place.  

"I hear you're free on Wednesdays..."    - JB  

• FarmingPhD
    Options

Gotta be the stupid 3 cheese blend video 😂
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,612
    Options
    Here, see for yourselves without clicking on that url ;)  https://youtu.be/nfxpwbWBNuU?feature=shared
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,393
    edited May 11
    Options
    Enjoying a good rainstorm/hailstorm with a few racks rolling on the covered front porch MM. Asian rub with hickory for smoke. 

• lousubcap
    edited May 12
    Options

Sticky asian pork ribs with hand cut fries and slaw.
    Uma for the win-what a plate.  Great colour (nod) on those ribs
    https://youtu.be/HdKbOpuQyCQ
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,612
    Options
    Nice, Raichlen approved pork belly and desserts!
    canuckland